(PVP) Something's seriously wrong

Alright, straight to the point, I do ****-all damage with my warrior, just went up against a h-pala and a elem sham in 2v2 with my resto sham buddy and we should've destroyed them.

However, I couldn't even see a crit above 20k damage, the match went on for about 30 minutes until we decided to simply leave, during those 30 minutes I managed to get to 5 stacks of TfB once and otherwise I would get one stack every 2-3 minutes or so. But even with 5 stacks, the other healer feared, colo smash up and all cooldowns blown (Avatar, Reck, On-use malevolent glad trinket) The heroic strike crit for 39k on a shammy with no cooldowns up... with 5 stacks I expected at least a 100k crit... trying out the same thing on my own teammate in a duel, 79k damage heroic strike with 5 stacks...

Now, about my gear, it isn't the greatest but I've seen warriors with far worse gear than me obliterate me or my healer in seconds, usualy within a shockwave even with earth-shield up.

Pretty sure I can't post links yet, but my armory would be Waffl on Ravencrest-EU, feel free to check it out, statwise I'm running:
    26.6% pvp power
    63.24% pvp resi
    21520 AP (with shout)
    12.8% crit

And my damage seems to be utter crap. Rotationwise I'm going for Colo smash -> Execute (if below 20%) -> Overpower -> Mortal Strike.
    Slam to dump some rage at times, but it hits for even less than anything else, highest slam I've seen so far is somewhere around 18k.

Any ideas?

Well 26% pvp power is kind of on the low side. Other than that your gear isn't that great either. You still have a few green pieces and do not have the pvp set.

I say get some more pvp gear and you should see better results.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have to assume you're using a 2H in your setup.

Your numbers seem abysmal because I can pull off 68-71k Obliterate crits on an 85 DK with equivalent PVP power and resilience %'s using a 2H. Now granted resilience is not going to affect your DMG output or my DK's but you're right 20k crits seem really low for stacking TfB the way you do.

I just don't see how it is possible to stack that much resilience to mitigate that much damage. Even if the opposing player was stacking resilience gems and had the JC cut and 2 extra BS gem slots I can't see being able to mitigate so much. However it's really the only explanation. Especially if in a long match like that he couldn't output enough damage to kill one of you.

Just remember, 2's are a throwaway bracket an extension of 1v1 and Blizzard makes no attempt to balance for them.

If there are any greens on the armory it's because it hasn't updated my proper gear, running 2 pieces of epic pvp gear, on use trinket and belt, otherwise the rest is all set / offset season 12 blues with a non-pvp ilvl 463 2h wep.

Also yeah, 2s are just throwaway but the damage is just abysmal as you said, my dk did way more damage at lvl 85 and this warrior did more damage per hit at lvl 85 as well while doing arenas.

During the hpala / elem sham fight I couldn't break the 12k damage mark, at times I would get a 20k mortal strike out, seeing as a fear into hex into silence into wind shear wasn't enough to kill someone...
    Last edited by Waffle; 2012-11-26 at 12:07 AM.

Healers >>>>> warrior burst.

In fact, letting loose a pre-bug fix stampede + bm hunter cd stack ON TOP of a warrior cd stack couldn't outdamage a single healer using even a single non-immunity cd.

Basically if you can't toss out a 15+ second cc chain don't expect to get a kill in 2's.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Healers >>>>> warrior burst.

In fact, letting loose a pre-bug fix stampede + bm hunter cd stack ON TOP of a warrior cd stack couldn't outdamage a single healer using even a single non-immunity cd.

Basically if you can't toss out a 15+ second cc chain don't expect to get a kill in 2's.
    Good warriors have little trouble taking out a healer now, with the possible exception of a druid, which is very hard for a Warrior to pin down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is bad.

I assume you don't have t1 weapon nor trinkets from PVP. Judging by your resilience I would say you are using pure resil gems which are bad.

Go for mix yellow power/resil gems, blue go pure power, and red go str/resil gems. Also you need to track cooldowns which your target had. I find it hard to believe you only crit for 39K.

Try it like this.
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-11-26 at 12:29 PM.