Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, I don't particularly care.

It's cool that there's a competitive scene around PvE content, but following it just isn't my cup of tea.

And I've never really been a fan of all the exploitation and gaming and bitching and moaning and time differences that go on in the race. Really kills the mood/integrity of the competition, which makes me far less inclined to devote time to getting involved or invested in following it.

I don't care who gets them, but it is interesting to know how long it takes for them to happen.

Nope. Don't even care about realm firsts. All I care about is how enjoyable WoW is for me. Having a rooting interest in world first raiding is superfluous to that. There was a guy in my guild who had a toon on the same realm as Vodka, and all he did was get on vent and talk about Vodka. Vodka did this, Vodka did that. Finally I asked him if his toon was IN Vodka, and he said no. "Then why are you wasting our time on vent bragging about them?" Some people seem almost empowered just by following the success of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never have, never will. Don't even know who's the first guild in MoP, don't really care. And I've never really cared who the first to hit level cap was.

Now, ride past me on a scarab mount, maybe I'll care . . . a little bit.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Arayaa View Post
    Many of the sponsorships for top-end guilds aren't enough to live off. I believe a large number of them still maintain jobs. While the time they put in over a week is extremely high, they do this very infrequently - under a week every few months. I think this is a pretty large misconception out there, overall they probably don't spend that much more time raiding then a regular raiding guild. They get world firsts due to dedication and skill, not because of outside advantages.

That said though, I personally don't care about which guild gets the world first. If someone asked me to name the world first guild for each content patch I wouldn't have a clue.
    When the raid still in farm thay spent less time than a normal guild, 1 night to clear all bosses in icc heroic LK included back in wrath; during progression they ask their members to take even holiday from work and do multiple alt run in order to test the encounters.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymack View Post
    yup ptr kind of kills the race.
    I would be MUCH more interested in the world first game if there was no ptr at all. I think that should just be a thing for all raiding content. Blizz should just force the raid teams to go in blind, it would make for a WAY more interesting competition complete with information warring.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Deleted
    I couldn't care less.

World first is an investment of time over anything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    I care just enough to post in the related threads, and check WoWProgress after the first day. I also enjoy World First videos.

Kudos to them where it's deserved. To be honest though, I can't even remember who most of the top 10 raiding guilds are, or who finished this tier of content first.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    Am i interested in who wins the race for world first? Yes
    Am i someone that has wow-progress up and constantly refreshing to see if they get a World First? No

Agree in part with the effect of the PTR on world firsts. But at the same time people would complain if HC was cleared in 2 hours because it was untested,or it was a practically impossible fight (the average required dps was beyond what the top dps can manage, damage was unhealable, or a glitched mechanic).

Not every member is world first guild can live on money generated via gaming? So many still work, and how do you decide who is a sponsored guild

10+ Year Old Account
    Not even one bit. I am friendly enough to congratulate people getting a realm first but I forget within 5 minutes that it happened really. To some people it seems pretty significant, I can't see why. I'm playing the game for my enjoyment and since those 'firsts' do not mean anything to me, I don't care really...

Deleted
    You do realize that all they do is beat a video game faster than the others? They offer nothing to this world, no production, no services of any kind. If we lived a few years earlier, these people would be considered trash and would end up begging for some food. Don't actors/athletes/singers do the same? It may seem like it, but these people do something more: They promote culture in their way. You even get to know them by their real names and faces. Think of some movies/songs that have lasted for decades.

Will anyone remember these guilds after some years or when WoW ends? Hardly. Have they done anything to promote fair play in the game? No. People may remember that they used to exploit LFR when it first came out, in order to gather gear faster. This was not fair at all.

To sum up, all these people care just for the fake fame and money they get out of playing a video game. They offer nothing even to the playerbase (except for videos on how to kill each boss), so why bother? Did anyone actually care about who finished first a video game ten years earlier? No and the reason is the same. It is just a form of entertainment. Nothing less, nothing more.

No.
    Doesn't affect me in any way and I find it silly.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    I care, but not in a way that effects me.

I like the world first race because it is almost always interesting. Something happens, some guild finds some ridiculous strategy, some guilds put in ridiculous time, and there is always drama. I like the fact that it is so important to them, and I think it is always interesting to watch. I like seeing the underdog win, and at the same time I like seeing the tried and true guilds rewarded for their time.

The whole race makes the first weeks of a patch interesting to follow during my down time at work.

It doesn't effect my play at all though. I am super casual, and it doesn't bother me that I will never be a part of that crowd.

I think going for the world first has the potential to make a big splash in esports if it is done correctly, and I would like to see Blizzard play a bigger role in managing/promoting/rewarding the world firsts.
    "... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

I used to care back in TBC (Coincidentally when I raided seriously myself), since then it has just dropped off to be something I couldn't care less about.

major respect to those who achieve it. thats enough for me.

Deleted
    Well i think its interesting, but the PTR? Fucking bullshit, killed it badly.

Deleted
    Not in the slightest.

of course not. it's completely ridiculous.