Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Greatest Story for a video game i have ever played truly was amazing, like the show wish the people who wrote the game could write the show. Ever moment had me with my mouth open not being able to believe what i saw or the way the story played out. Really was cool seeing the characters grow and how the group slowly fell apart one by one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Ending discussion.
    [spoiler] I would hope it's Christa and Omid, I don't want absolutely everyone gone in season 2
    I hope so, I can't really think of anyone else now.
    @Maj that song was played a few times before the final ending :3
    I didn't know. :b
    Season 2 discussion.
    I highly doubt Clem will be the main character in season 2 she may have a playable role but even that is stretching it, it's taboo to depict children dying or killing in games which is why you didn't actually see Duck get bit like other characters along with this you didn't see Duck be put out.
    I can understand why they didn't showed us shooting Duck, I mean, that is obvious, but not seeing Duck getting bitten because of that? Seems pretty fishy, I think it was just for the element of surprise, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post

I can understand why they didn't showed us shooting Duck, I mean, that is obvious, but not seeing Duck getting bitten because of that? Seems pretty fishy, I think it was just for the element of surprise, no?
    Well it could be for a element of surprise but there is usually ALOT of backfire if a game is released with children dying and killing others.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I loved the game, and plan to finish it through a second time eventually.

I can't help but feel annoyed by the "lie" that is "your choice means everything", it means nothing X will still happen and Y will still happen, maybe coated differently, but my choice affects little.

Recommend though.

Season 2 discussion.
    I highly doubt Clem will be the main character in season 2 she may have a playable role but even that is stretching it, it's taboo to depict children dying or killing in games which is why you didn't actually see Duck get bit like other characters along with this you didn't see Duck be put out.
    There's actually one death scene where you see a gruesome death for Clementine. During the scene where you and Clementine are looking inside the trainstation for something, you get ambushed by 3 walkers. After killing the first 2, another one spawns at the side where Clem is locked in. If you refuse to open the door and save Clementine, the walker will be eaten her open. There may be more scenes, but they do not always show you how she gets killed.

If Clementine will be around 20 years in season 2, she could be the playable main character. After what she witnessed with Lee, and having learned so much from him, she could turn into a complete zombie killing badass. I'd also like to see Molly being the playable character, because of the more gameplay opportunities to fight the walkers. She's able to easily jump to roofs, jumping from building to building, and got used to kill walkers.

Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    As much as I loved the game, and plan to finish it through a second time eventually.

I can't help but feel annoyed by the "lie" that is "your choice means everything", it means nothing X will still happen and Y will still happen, maybe coated differently, but my choice affects little.
    I was dissappointed with it too but they used the word "Tailor" not "Alters the story" They really should have been clearer on that but still a great game and story.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 09:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There's actually one death scene where you see a gruesome death for Clementine. During the scene where you and Clementine are looking inside the trainstation for something, you get ambushed by 3 walkers. After killing the first 2, another one spawns at the side where Clem is locked in. If you refuse to open the door and save Clementine, the walker will be eaten her open. There may be more scenes, but they do not always show you how she gets killed.

If Clementine will be around 20 years in season 2, she could be the playable main character. After what she witnessed with Lee, and having learned so much from him, she could turn into a complete zombie killing badass. I'd also like to see Molly being the playable character, because of the more gameplay opportunities to fight the walkers. She's able to easily jump to roofs, jumping from building to building, and got used to kill walkers.
    Having some children deaths or children killing people really shoots the maturity rating up, it would be banned over here in Australia instantly until we finally get our R18+ sometime next year.

I instantly imagined a more bad ass version of Michonne :P
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-11-25 at 09:04 PM.

Deleted
    Well it could be for a element of surprise but there is usually ALOT of backfire if a game is released with children dying and killing others.
    Well, Clem did shoot Lee, so...In my game I "made" her to do it.
    Having some children deaths or children killing people really shoots the maturity rating up, it would be banned over here in Australia instantly until we finally get our R18+ sometime next year.
    Really? Games with children dying is forbidden in Australia?
    I instantly imagined a more bad ass version of Michonne :P
    I'd like to have a character like that but I kinda hope that Clem won't be like that... It would be just sad if she was like that when she got older.

Really frustrated with this game right now. I had gotten almost all the way through Episode 4 before I had to go to work, and now that I'm home, it looks like my save has rolled back to Episode 3. I can see the save file in my folder for Telltale games showing that I did play it this morning, but it's not being recognized when I'm actually in-game for whatever reason. Even when I went back and deleted the old saves from the day before to see if it would recognize my more current one after that, it was STILL showing the old save. I can't seem to find any sort of fix online anywhere. Anybody else have this issue at all?

In the end, I've only probably lost less than two hours of progress, but I'm not keen on playing through these events when I've already done it once.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Really frustrated with this game right now. I had gotten almost all the way through Episode 4 before I had to go to work, and now that I'm home, it looks like my save has rolled back to Episode 3. I can see the save file in my folder for Telltale games showing that I did play it this morning, but it's not being recognized when I'm actually in-game for whatever reason. Even when I went back and deleted the old saves from the day before to see if it would recognize my more current one after that, it was STILL showing the old save. I can't seem to find any sort of fix online anywhere. Anybody else have this issue at all?

In the end, I've only probably lost less than two hours of progress, but I'm not keen on playing through these events when I've already done it once.
    I replaced one of the videos. You can search through the history for full length of espoide five. Also they stated some people may have lost saves for some reason. Some had full storage's of stuff being deleted. They said nothing they can do and just to restart it through it.

Managed to fix it after tweaking around with the folders a little bit. Phew. I was going to be frustrated if I had to play through it again. Anyway, I beat the game. And let me just say, never before has a game made me tear up like that. That's definitely a first for me. Wow. I feel so sad, but I wouldn't have wanted it to end any other way. Now I can't wait for season 2.

I really hope (and its most likely), that it was Christa and Omid walking during the end. If you look closely at their silhouets, they resemble the postures of Christa and Omid exactly. I already told them as Lee that the countryside was a good idea to go, and that they should be looking for us when we got separated. I also told Clem to look for Christa and Omid, and that they can take care of her when I passed away.

Who knows, Telltale probably WANTS us to know its Omid and Christa, but it can be everyone.

Really looking forward to season 2, hopefull they will progress some of the choices I made in Season 1.

I may get flammed here, but after reading -some- of the comics, watching the first two seasons of the TV series and playing the five chapters of the game, I think the later is much better than the other two.

The series want to show feelings but usually get stuck with boring situations. The comic has to show frecuent action and the emotional parts tend to be skipped quickly. The game has a much better balance and rythm, and it's an unforgettable experience. All of this is my opinion, of course.

About the second season:

I'd like to see new characters, and maybe they could show us some other parts of the world. I know most players will want to see how is Clementine doing, but the way I see it, her character wouldn't survive many more chapters, Lee has kept her alive this long. The more we see her, the closer she'll be to her unavoidable death.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    I may get flammed here, but after reading -some- of the comics, watching the first two seasons of the TV series and playing the five chapters of the game, I think the later is much better than the other two.

The series want to show feelings but usually get stuck with boring situations. The comic has to show frecuent action and the emotional parts tend to be skipped quickly. The game has a much better balance and rythm, and it's an unforgettable experience. All of this is my opinion, of course.

About the second season:

I'd like to see new characters, and maybe they could show us some other parts of the world. I know most players will want to see how is Clementine doing, but the way I see it, her character wouldn't survive many more chapters, Lee has kept her alive this long. The more we see her, the closer she'll be to her unavoidable death.
    No reason to think you'd get flamed for expressing that opinion, mainly due to it being rather valid.

The game captures the essence of what it would be to live in a world like that. The show and comics are uncontrollable rides where you just watch from the sidelines yelling at dumb shit being done. The game is you making heart-wrenching choices and seemingly having a valid place in the world by making decisions that can cost people their lives or otherwise.

The end of chapter 5 was nothing short of awesome. I have never finished a game and sat there with my mouth open starring at the screen but now I can say that I have.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    No reason to think you'd get flamed for expressing that opinion, mainly due to it being rather valid.

The game captures the essence of what it would be to live in a world like that. The show and comics are uncontrollable rides where you just watch from the sidelines yelling at dumb shit being done. The game is you making heart-wrenching choices and seemingly having a valid place in the world by making decisions that can cost people their lives or otherwise.
    Agreed. You become more involved in the game on a personal level because it makes you feel like your choices make a difference. I like the show and the comics, but this was just on a whole other level for me. These guys know how to tell a story.

So, I fixed my old problem when I came to this thread, but a new one has POTENTIALLY come up.

I started episode 4, but the "Previously on The Walking Dead" video showed me stuff I hadn't done (it said I had helped you-know-her from episode 1 instead of you-know-him, and some other stuff.) So far in the Episode, I haven't seen anything that seems affected by something I haven't done. But is it possible that is showed a wrong video, or should I be concerned if it's my choices it's using?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any spoiler regarding the TV series at the end?
    I'm on episode 3 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    I believe that'd be a no. The whole thing is pretty pre-main story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Nah, no spoilers at all, you're good to play the game till the end or watch the tv series first.. neither will affect the other.

Is there any news that season 2 will be another game, or that it will be added into the main game with season 1? And will any choices you made in season 1 pass over to season 2?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Is there any news that season 2 will be another game, or that it will be added into the main game with season 1? And will any choices you made in season 1 pass over to season 2?
    It'll be another game (so you'll have to buy it) but there's absolutely no other information right now. If it doesn't feature any of the same characters then the choices can't really have much impact I guess. Also since no matter what choices you made during the first game... you end up with the same people alive (or not confirmed dead) at the end I doubt there's much to influence it majorly anyway?