Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbane View Post
    What? Character and NPC mods and no XCE?
    XCE is an improvement of the vanilla models while Better females are completely new models and used in the screens he was referring to.
    That's why
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-11-26 at 12:02 PM.

Deleted
    http://www.skyrimgems.com/

Everything on this site is pretty cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..
    That would be a pretty difficult thing to implement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    And why doesn't Skyrim show any error messages while it crashes, would be so useful to know which mod (probably) caused the crash. Maybe on the next single player TES then..
    That would be a pretty difficult thing to implement.
    Actually.... you can create crash logs with a bit of editing in the skyrim.ini file.

1: Open Skyrim.ini with notepad.
    2: Edit or add the following lines in Skyrim.ini to the specified values.

[Papyrus]
    fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
    bEnableLogging=1
    bEnableTrace=1
    bLoadDebugInformation=1

3: Close Skyrim.ini and save the changes(It will prompt you to save on exit).
    4: Start TES:Skyrim and reproduce the error.
    5: Go to the same folder you previously found Skyrim.ini in, you will notice that 3-4 logs will have appeared or a folder named " Crashlogs, logs, Papyrus), Can't really remember... Open the log that's called Papyrus.0.log (With notepad) At the bottom of that log file you'll see the last process before the crash occurred.
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-11-26 at 04:14 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I just pretty much downloaded every mod from S.T.E.P, along with some skyrim GEMS mods, such as skyre, some economy mods, got a very big monster mod.
    Are there any mods that people think are musthave that I do'nt have yet? Btw, not much into anything follower related.

Can't wait to get some suggestions!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Okay, let me lay out for you how disappointed I was when I beat that.

So we wind using not one but THREE elder scrolls for the vampires! WOW! Three fucking elder scrolls! This is going to be epic! What do they do? Well, one of them is a cheat since it's the same one we get in the main storyline (which I find fucking hillarious that the orc in the mage's guild will sell back to you for ANY amount of gold... really kills the mystique of the elder scrolls), one of the others is a friggin map, and the other one is the prophecy for the vampires.

Wow. Did we really need elder scrolls for that? It's a little demeaning considering how in Skyrim's main storyline an elder scroll is used to first send Alduin, THE DRAGON THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BRING ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD, forward in time and then it's used again to look back through the rift caused by the first usage to when Alduin was sent through time. And in Oblivion an elder scroll was used to alter history and break a curse made by a dearic lord.

But if we ignore that then we have the result of having an god's bow (and not just any god) that uses just a little bit of Serana's blood to blot out the sun for a day. Really? Why did Serana want to kill her father again? Why did ANYONE think ANY of this was a big deal AT ALL? We have a sect of vampires that is one of the oldest IN THE WORLD that got into a fued over this thing, one of them fleeing to alternate plane of existence where she could be snuffed out by eldritch abominations beyond her understanding without any warning. And then there's the snow elf vampire who played a hand in furthering the extinction of his race and waited around for thousands of years for the right kind of vampire to come along to fuel the bow with the power of her blood.

To blot out the sun for one day.

With all this build up I was expecting the sun to be obscured permanently or something.

But despite this the DLC was a blast. It's just the ending is really, REALLY weak.
    I know this is going to sound really silly, but I thought the entire vampire thingy was weak from the moment I heard about the DLC. There is so much else in Skyrim and they had to focus on vampires, something which feels so out of place in a viking-inspired enviroment. Then again, Skyrim is my first Elder Scrolls game so I'm not sure how much relevance vampires have in the Elder Scrolls lore to begin with. The storyline felt kind of weak all in all, haven't played the vampire side yet, but the Dawnguard side was pretty dull, though I absolutely adored the crossbow.

It was worth purchasing the expansion, but I feel that it could've been much more, even with the vampire theme.

Also, does anyone know if there's any way to change your race and not break the game? I got so attached to my archer, but I want him to be a Nord now, and he's a Redguard at the moment.

Vampires are sort of a big deal in the elder scrolls universe, Tomatkchup

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    I know this is going to sound really silly, but I thought the entire vampire thingy was weak from the moment I heard about the DLC. There is so much else in Skyrim and they had to focus on vampires, something which feels so out of place in a viking-inspired enviroment. Then again, Skyrim is my first Elder Scrolls game so I'm not sure how much relevance vampires have in the Elder Scrolls lore to begin with. The storyline felt kind of weak all in all, haven't played the vampire side yet, but the Dawnguard side was pretty dull, though I absolutely adored the crossbow.

It was worth purchasing the expansion, but I feel that it could've been much more, even with the vampire theme.

Also, does anyone know if there's any way to change your race and not break the game? I got so attached to my archer, but I want him to be a Nord now, and he's a Redguard at the moment.
    Type Showracemenu on the console, which is brought up with '.

Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    Type Showracemenu on the console, which is brought up with '.
    Just a warning though that doing this will lower all of your skills to base value for the new race. You'll keep all your perks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Has anybody given Skyrim Unleashed a try? I suggest giving it a look over on the nexus. It goes hand-in-hand with the DUEL combat mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25869

I'm looking for some tips and strategies around the lower levels. I'm finding it a little difficult to get moving.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Just a warning though that doing this will lower all of your skills to base value for the new race. You'll keep all your perks though.
    Exactly, thus why I asked for something not gamebreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Exactly, thus why I asked for something not gamebreaking.
    You keep your level and your perks. you can just also use the console to get your skill levels back to where they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    You keep your level and your perks. you can just also use the console to get your skill levels back to where they were.
    I tried that once, but after that I couldn't get new perks because my skill was still too low, apparently.

You can try this mod:
    Showracemenu Alternative

Worked perfectly for me the 3 or 4 times I've wanted to change my race. I have had 1 time where I kept the old racial bonuses, yet everything else changed. This was an isolated incident though and it was on a completely ruined savegame (too many mods removed / added) and I hasn't happened the other 3 or so times I did it.

It gives you an in-game power to call up the Showracemenu and for some reason fixes the issue causing skill levels to reset (don't ask me how it's done).

I think there are other mods which only fix the issue, allowing you to simply use the console command. I haven't tried those though, so I can't comment on them.
    Last edited by Perath; 2012-11-27 at 10:41 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    anyone with a modlist for this? ;p
    https://9gag.com/gag/5934909

btw, I'm having a lighting problem which I think is caused by the ENB that I have, which is project ENB shown here:
    http://wiki.step-project.com/ENB_Choices
    problem:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDvuo.jpg

As you can see, the lighting focuses on that which is closest to me, and blurs out the rest. This effect becomes stronger when the object gets closer to me.
    Any ideas on how to fix this?

help is appreciated!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MythiaX View Post
    anyone with a modlist for this? ;p
    https://9gag.com/gag/5934909
    I compiled a list for that collection one page back.

btw, I'm having a lighting problem which I think is caused by the ENB that I have, which is project ENB shown here:
    http://wiki.step-project.com/ENB_Choices
    problem:
    http://i.imgur.com/mDvuo.jpg
    That is dynamic depth of field, caused by a ENB(Graphic enhancement mod/Injector). You can disable it either by removing the ENB or editing the SkyrimPrefs.ini file.

You do that by either typing in "SkyrimPrefs.ini" in your startmenu's search field or manually look it up in your skyrim install folder.

Open "SkyrimPrefs.ini" with notepad and edit the following lines to 0(zero).

[Imagespace]
    bDoDepthOfField=0
    iRadialBlurLevel=0
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-11-27 at 01:36 PM.

I've had my Skryim for quite a while now and I just now started adding community mods to it. I'm so slow on doing anything with this game, but I always have fun when I play it. I'm still debating on whether on not to buy the expansion packs. Are they worth it? I also plan on buying TESO when it comes out.

Deleted
    Vampires are by no means any more important to the Elder Scrolls than any other subrace, actually. Arguably, the Nords are the most important as they are more or less responsible for dominance of mankind on Tamriel. And the progenitors for 2 out of 3 of the human races. And the principle enemies of elven kind. Indeed, their god king is the devil of all the elven pantheons.

Honestly, the only things I liked about Dawnguard was the new shouts, new dragon types and Gunmar's sexy Russian accent.

Agh, Aesir Armour... I hate the waiting, the Khorne damned waiting.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-11-27 at 02:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    I've had my Skryim for quite a while now and I just now started adding community mods to it. I'm so slow on doing anything with this game, but I always have fun when I play it. I'm still debating on whether on not to buy the expansion packs. Are they worth it? I also plan on buying TESO when it comes out.
    Dawnguard was totally worth the pricetag. It gives you a pretty long questchain, new areas/zones to explore and a plethora of new weapons and armor. Hearthfire on the other hand, complete and utter garbage. Don't waste your money on it! If you really want the Sims3 feel to the game, download Tundra Defense from nexus. Gives you a lot more options and freedom than hearthfire could ever dream of giving, and it's FREE!