Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

There you go, my only proof lol.

But I was only ~40 when BC hit so I didn't do any raiding.

I signed up in Nov 2006, BC released in Jan 2007 and I got the xpac in Feb IIRC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burning_Crusade
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    Except you can't, and that's the whole point of the replica gear, which is only obtainable if you had vanilla rank 6 (7?) or greater.
    Rank 8 actually.

Deleted
    Warcraftrealms doesnt even show my old characters on EU-Bladefist only the transfer to EU-Outland without the guild Ascension I was in.. But for what its worth my main now with feats pvp/tabard/pets h t t p : // eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/Shorinji/achievement#achievement#81

Feats of Strength

( - ) Classic CE Pets, till 2012+
    => still available

( - ) Classic PvE Titles, like Scarab Lord, till Patch 3.0.9, released on February 10 2009
    => Death Knight with "Scarab Lord" Title http://www.wowhead.com/profiles?filt...haracters:0-10

( - ) Classic PvP Honor System Titles, players could earn titles till Patch 2.0.0, released on January 16 2007
    => A Player could just start 5-6 Weeks before Patch 2.0.0 and still get HighWarlord(R14)

( + ) Old School Ride, till Patch 1.4.0, released on 5 May 2005
    => http://www.wowhead.com/profiles?filt...;crs=0;crv=879
    Last edited by Ange; 2012-11-26 at 02:57 PM.
    -

YEAH, here's my proof that I'm a PRE-BC player. We called it PRE-BC. No PRE-BC player referred to PRE-BC as vanilla.

No, we DON'T eat ice cream, and NO, we don't relate ice cream to PRE-BC. Get lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/691850

Gotta love my old school guilds!

Deleted
    yes reagnarok... yes we do. Vanilla - TBC - Wrath - Cata - MoP...

its been long enough live with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

If you care about telling how old a character is.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/36335446

Oldest guy I have left on my account, don't ask me why I deleted stuff when I was younger, I was stupid.

As for other stuff, only a few things like ash,asteish, the old epic mounts (tauren is only one i can think of), FoS PvP titles, think that is about it anymore.
    Wow, thanks for the nostalgia trip roflmao. Forgot that site existed! Started looking up my old characters (like my priest) and remembering all the fun times I had in my earlier guilds, remembering when I finally got Benediction/Anathema and uuuuugh. x3 I miss my all my WoW friends from back then!

But yeah, aside from just being able to say "I played in Vanilla" there's not much to gain. You could be bad back then and still bad now, so it should serve as no means to stroke your ego.

The drops from enemy players in Alterac Valley, I have 10 Severed Night Elf Heads and a Darkspear Troll Mojo on my troll shaman from vanilla AV days, got the Darkspear mojo from a mind controlled troll.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    YEAH, here's my proof that I'm a PRE-BC player. We called it PRE-BC. No PRE-BC player referred to PRE-BC as vanilla.

No, we DON'T eat ice cream, and NO, we don't relate ice cream to PRE-BC. Get lost.
    That isn't true at all lol, I played the game during VANILLA, and call it such. UMADBRAH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post

What? Did you refer to it as pre BC in pre BC as well? I don't see how this verifies your old schoolness. And pre BC made more sense when BC was the only expansion. Now.. not so much.

If you feel the need to "Prove you were a vanilla player" then you obviously never played vanilla.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    I still have an old priest ZG voodoo doll !
    Lol just logged into my old lock and had one of those myself I was amusing myself with. Had some random items with it to like part of the seal of ascension for UBRS, ony resist cloak and neck, 2 pieces of warlord gear. Made me very nostalgic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

My original character's name was Siralex, but someone reported me for having the title "Sir" in my name before BC launched so I changed to Proteen. First Seen: May 27, 2005

Also, I have a nifty screenshot of my guild at the time killing Ragnaros (this was before BWL's release)

You see that? About a fourth of my guild died on this fight, not including Battle Rez's and it doesn't show the countless amounts of attempts we had to pull. Why is this game so easy now???!

10+ Year Old Account
    i would say most any FoS earned on 10/14/08 would prove you played vanilla, the day achieves were implemented.

so even if you can still get things like Tfury, if your chieve says 10/14/08, you played vanilla
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2012-11-26 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.
    Except that is not always true. I state again, I had a character I played all through Vanilla. Cleared all raids up to a few bosses in Naxx 40. Then I quit due to job ours and family stresses. I came back a few months after TBC was released when things cleared up and got better but I had deleted all my toons as a precaution to not come back and mess things up during that time. When TG was announced for WotLK I was talking to guildies about wishing I had my old warrior back so I could take advantage of TG instead of leveling up one from scratch. They told me to petition a GM. Long story short I got him back after they implemented achievements.

My warrior had no achievements even though he had a fairly high PvP rank, all the raids except for Naxx cleared, no PvP titles. I petitioned a GM again and was told to send an email. I sent an email with screen shots of our guild killing all the bosses with me clearly in the pictures and to this day I still have none of the FoS or achievements. So it is not all clear and dry like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

If you care about telling how old a character is.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/36335446

Oldest guy I have left on my account, don't ask me why I deleted stuff when I was younger, I was stupid.

As for other stuff, only a few things like ash,asteish, the old epic mounts (tauren is only one i can think of), FoS PvP titles, think that is about it anymore.
    Although it's useful, this will not work in the case of server transfers and name changes. A few friends and I transferred to another server during BC, so it shows us just popping in at max level. If I directed someone to the server I was originally on, they'd have to use an entirely different name since the one I was using had already been taken.

Atiesh, T3, T0.5, Corrupted Ashbringer etc, can ALL be collected in TBC, in fact, it was much easier to do so in TBC, you have the entire TBC expansion to get those items.

As for the Dark Portal events before TBC release, I didn't have a chance to log on because I was too busy with my school schedule, does that make me not a vanilla player?

The easiest way to prove that you are a vanilla player is simply check your FoS in you ach tab, anyone played in vanilla WILL have played some battlegrounds and earned themselves at least the lowest title.

High Warlord title are exclusive to people who grind it in groups with endless hours a day, 7 days a week, which I don't, so I end up with Champion and I'm content with it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 03:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    My original character's name was Siralex, but someone reported me for having the title "Sir" in my name before BC launched so I changed to Proteen. First Seen: May 27, 2005

Also, I have a nifty screenshot of my guild at the time killing Ragnaros (this was before BWL's release)

You see that? About a fourth of my guild died on this fight, not including Battle Rez's and it doesn't show the countless amounts of attempts we had to pull. Why is this game so easy now???!
    Judging from your keybinds all the way to 0(might be even - and =) with auto-attack as 1(seriously if you leveled to 60 and raid with auto attack as 1, you are possibly one of the worst players ever existed), you must be a burden to this kill, luckily MC was easy because MC only needed 25~ capable people to do the job of 40.
    Last edited by glycerethe; 2012-11-26 at 03:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    Judging from your keybinds all the way to 0(might be even - and =) with auto-attack as 1(seriously if you leveled to 60 and raid with auto attack as 1, you are possibly one of the worst players ever existed), you must be a burden to this kill, luckily MC was easy because MC only needed 25~ capable people to do the job of 40.
    Did he raid as balance... or did he have 1-4 as damage spells as resto