Thread: enhance dps?

enhance dps?

Ive only ever played resto/ele because of gear similarity. I want to try enhance now so ill be chasing some gear for it. Just curious now where does it stand in terms of dps utility etc etc being a melee and all it must be handicapped, no ?

In my opinion, enhance is fine for raiding. Both single target and AoE dps is very good. Of course, some fights favor specs who are capable of multidotting but overall you can do great on the meters.
    Also, utility is quite good. We provide strong off heals (AG is quite a strong cooldown and glyphed HS and HR are good, too) and survivabiliy due to two defensive cooldowns.
    While the lack of burst cooldowns was a major problem in cataclysm, this has been fixed now and enhance has great burst cooldowns.

This tier is overall not that bad for melee dps. In MV it's not always easy for melee dps, but it's not that bad either. The other two raids are okay for melee dps. Enhance is, in my opinion, among the strongest melee specs this tier.

Overall, we are doing fantastic. I think we, enhancement shamans, are in the best place we have ever been in for a long time now. I never did raid with my shaman in cata, so I don't have much opinion on how much changed from that til now, but I can say that we are near the top of the pack when it comes to numbers in a raid setting.

Our damage is very good, but what makes us the most desirable in a raid group is our offheals. With glyphed Healing Rain and Ancestral Guidance, it's not rare to do 20-25k HPS while only sacrificing minor DPS. You'll do twice the healing of a Spriest while doing good dps.

Or you can ignore the healing rains and arguably be top 6-7 specs in damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Our damage is very good, but what makes us the most desirable in a raid group is our offheals. With glyphed Healing Rain and Ancestral Guidance, it's not rare to do 20-25k HPS while only sacrificing minor DPS. You'll do twice the healing of a Spriest while doing good dps.

Or you can ignore the healing rains and arguably be top 6-7 specs in damage.
    Not to hijack the thread (pretty vague thread anyway so this sort of applies): are you talking 25m when you say drop HR? I raid 10, and because we are often spread out I find myself using MW more on Chain Heal than HR, especially because I mostly just use offheals when I see people drop low and know the healers need assistance. Obviously the choice of HR vs CH varies also depending on the situation, but can anyone comment on the best way to use offheals as an enh sham in 10m setting?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Not to hijack the thread (pretty vague thread anyway so this sort of applies): are you talking 25m when you say drop HR? I raid 10, and because we are often spread out I find myself using MW more on Chain Heal than HR, especially because I mostly just use offheals when I see people drop low and know the healers need assistance. Obviously the choice of HR vs CH varies also depending on the situation, but can anyone comment on the best way to use offheals as an enh sham in 10m setting?
    I was talking 10m, but you obviously can't do that on all the fights. Heroic Feng, Tsulong, spirit kings P1 come to mind.

In spread out fights, it might not be worth it to use any healing at all. Just focus on DPS. (and use AG, ofc)
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    HR is incredible on 25 man, drop it whenever there's a stack-up-and-blow-CD's phase (feng, vizier, wind lord etc.) or drop it on CD when there's constant dmg going out (elegon, blade lord etc.). Only last week I saved the raid on blade lord after no healer made it through the 2nd slalom, and in the same night used it (along with our other enhancer) as a means of killing garalon with a healer short. Only time I've ever used CH is on blade lord when HR was on CD.

Enhancement is in a very good spot at the moment, along with some very strong offhealing as well.

An example from our raid yesterday on our first kill on heroic Elegon: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...s=9616&e=10116

At the very start of the last phase there, I am peaking at 259k hps with Ancestral Guidance, which is completely unparalleled compared to any other dps spec at this time afaik.

Our concerns from Cataclysm has been mostly fixed, with the only minor thing being lackluster mobility compared to other melee (monks and warriors).

Exactly where can I find the Healing Raind Glyph? Been looking for 5mins now and can't seem to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by r00x View Post
    Exactly where can I find the Healing Raind Glyph? Been looking for 5mins now and can't seem to find it.
    there isnt 1, im guessing the guy who said glyph hs and hr meant healing stream and healing storm?

Quote Originally Posted by delaxes View Post
    there isnt 1, im guessing the guy who said glyph hs and hr meant healing stream and healing storm?
    Or rather the talent, conductivity?
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Tactic6995 View Post
    Or rather the talent, conductivity?
    oh yea, forgot about that

I was talking about the healing storm glyph, personally. +20% healing per MW stack.

So I got some gear, mostly cata 378s and some dungeon 410s also the maces from stout brewery. Now I might be doing something wrong but I'm questing in four winds at lvl 89 where I, well, "out gear" the mobs.

Stormstrike unleashed elements and LL on Cd and keeping searing totem up. WF mh FT oh

Unless I Crit my dmg is pitiful. 150k hp mobs take 2 CDs of Stormstrike and lavalash to die. My warrior and warlock decimated quest mobs on the way to 90.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So I got some gear, mostly cata 378s and some dungeon 410s also the maces from stout brewery. Now I might be doing something wrong but I'm questing in four winds at lvl 89 where I, well, "out gear" the mobs.

Stormstrike unleashed elements and LL on Cd and keeping searing totem up. WF mh FT oh

Unless I Crit my dmg is pitiful. 150k hp mobs take 2 CDs of Stormstrike and lavalash to die. My warrior and warlock decimated quest mobs on the way to 90.
    I noticed that kind of slow questing at 89-90. As you get gear at 90, it becomes better. Kind of annoying thought, I'll have to agree.

Yeah leveling was a pain as enhance though still manageable, our dps only really starts to shine once we hit full heroic 5man gear. I found that I had to use healing surge 9 out of 10 malestrom procs when levelling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Probably a gear thing, and maybe glyph choices too (if you have all the survivability ones you won't need to heal as often). I had BiS T13 and never had any issues with questing...in fact I never took off my raid gear until I'd finished. (everything died, including rares and all the lobstmourne elites)