Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Want help? Post your Replays below!

Hi guys,

I've seen a lot of people over the last few days who are starting to play ranked in Season 3. With this, came a lot of posts/threads popping up asking where they are going wrong in regards to "Why can't I win this game". With this in mind, I've decided to set up this thread with the purpose of me trying to help you "get better" - Or help you, looking at the games from a neutral point of view with improvements/where you went wrong.

I will try to observe 3-4 replays a day (if time allows) and post what I think you could've done better, using time-points from the game.

Who am I?
    A lot of you will know who I am from the LoL main-thread, or from in-game where you can find me on EU-W on StylesClashv3. I was an ex-platinum player Season 1 on NA. I came back to EU after my friends stopped playing, but had to stop playing seriously due to IRL issues in Season 2. After finally having these issues removed/sorted, I'm focusing again on attaining Diamond this season, after I get back into practice.

What you need to do
    1. Download LoLRecorder from here (it seems to be having some issues at the moment. Can download from Dropbox link provided by Axethor)
    2. Play your games, and upload them to a file sharing site.
    3. Post them here in the following format:
    • Replay URL
    • Summoner Name
    • Champion Played
    • Role (Support/Jungle etc)
    • Length of game roughly
    • Whether you want me to reply here, or PM

and that's it!
    Note: I main Jungle/Top lane, but can play most lanes to an acceptable standard.
    If anyone who has played with me wants to write a recommendation to my playstyle etc, then feel free!

Also, if anyone else wants to help with reviewing replays, please send me a PM.

Current "reviewers"
    • StylesClashv3 - General Mechanics/Top/Jungle - All others to acceptable level
    • Isrozzis - AD Carry - Select Junglers
    • Axethor - Top/Jungle/AP Mid
    Last edited by Axethor; 2013-01-04 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Axethor! I'm helping!

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wmehs1tl7m959e4/t7rbneNDkb

Here is a link to a dropbox folder I just set up. It has the latest LoLReplay downloader I have (for those who can't get it from the site). It also has 2 games, One win as Cass and a loss as Leona. Not really looking for feedback because I know where I fucked up in both games, but they are both great examples for what you should and should not do. Also helps that they are both ranked, so you can get an idea at how to counter-pick or not counter-pick in the case of some idiots.

Deleted
    Thanks Axe! Been trying to get LoLRecorder for a couple of days now

I'll be using your services soon :P Thanks, much appreciated!

Deleted
    I might help too but I don't promise anything since I'm usually busy with Gen OT. :<

I'll probably be using your services soon. What I really want to know is if it's me that's making mistakes or my teammates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I'll probably be using your services soon. What I really want to know is if it's me that's making mistakes or my teammates.
    Without watching a single replay I can already tell you the answer: both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Without watching a single replay I can already tell you the answer: both.
    Well, at least he wants to get better. No shame in that. Sometimes it is your team's fault, but if the mistake is consistent through games then it is almost certainly the player's mistake.

I'm interested to see some of these replays though.

Yeah, I'm not perfect, I know that much. I just want to see if someone can spot mistakes I make that I can't see, and if I make them a lot of times, or if it's just something minor now and then.

It's easier to solve a problem when you know what it is.

EDIT:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0irq0oy1g...-%20Rumble.lrf
    Grading @ EU West
    Rumble Top
    54m:26s
    Can speak in this topic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2jkz6q7n6...%20%282%29.lrf
    Grading @ EU West
    Darius Jungle (Rush pick, not experienced with him in jungle)
    1h:00m:09s
    Same as above
    Last edited by NotValidAnymore; 2012-11-26 at 11:21 PM.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzqnd0sy8p...%2011%2012.lrf
    Bawhum @ EU West
    Diana Mid (One of my first few games with her, got extremely lucky that I was fed.)
    00:35:47
    Can speak here, however if there's anything extremely offensive about my play in general I'd like to be pm'd haha

I know I really need to improve my overall play and not just my Diana play, so I'm just looking for feedback on what I really need to improve on quickly before I start ranked for S3.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

Could someone upload LolRecorder? Op's website is a dead link?

Deleted

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0irq0oy1g...-%20Rumble.lrf
    Grading @ EU West
    Rumble Top
    54m:26s
    Can speak in this topic

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2jkz6q7n6...%20%282%29.lrf
    Grading @ EU West
    Same as above
    Rumble game - You are CS'ing well. You're not pressing advantage though. Teemo has no offensive summoners (Ghost/Flash) and is sitting in lane with 30 MR. You should go full on aggressive and bully him around. You used Flash at around 6:55 when you didn't need to. You got the kill and Karthus was visible bottom, with Vlad dead. It's not a huge deal though. (I guess you were scared of running over shrooms?) When you backed, you stood at fountain for a good 30 seconds with 500+ gold, but decided on the 2 wards. Try to buy your items faster.
    When you roam, make sure you have a good reason to. You ran down to bottom when the fight was over, but nobody went for dragon (more of a team error) which allowed Teemo to put 25% damage into your turret, and you lost roughly 1-2 waves. Don't Smartcast Rumble ult Lol Dunno where that ult went!

Also, item choice. You were against; AP teemo, Vlad and Karthus Jungle. If I were you I would've gone Merc Treads with a Haunting Guise for Spell Penetration

From Rumble game:
    CS practice a little bit more, and weigh up whether roaming is worth the CS you'll lose to turret.
    Know when to go aggressive. Look for tell tale signs that the opponent is weaker (he was ranking his E first, meaning he had no chunk)
    Evaluate the other team. See what items would benefit you more than the others.
    If the opponent is weaker, push him under turret while harassing him. Force him to miss CS.
    Rumbles Ult has a relatively low cooldown. You don't need to be liberal with its use. Throw it down for harass/farming at turret if needs be.
    Remember to use Shield when trading

Darius Game:
    You're a relatively slow jungler. Trying to take their red just put you behind, and was hella risky with no wards. If you want to do that, make sure you either do it first, or are a quick jungler like Mundo who can get to their red before they're at Wraiths
    I'm not sure on Wriggles. I'd say the majority of your damage comes from abilities, so either double gold per 5, or Double Dorans blade would've been better
    Try to start boots, or at least get them on your first back. They are crucial for ganking, as well as clearing speed.
    Dragon control was non-existant (By both teams)
    34 Mins - You shoulda been spam pinging Baron, you eventually take it, but wasted 10-15 seconds
    Item build - Didn't agree with it. Warmogs as a rushed item vs a Kog'maw who does % based damage anyway. Atma's - You're not relying on crits, you want sustained damage which you can deal in the middle of a fight. I personally would probably go: Bootsx3 > Doubles Dorans or GP5 > Glacial Shroud > Trinity Force > Frozen Heart (can switch those two up) > MR item of choice > Maw > GA (Selling the gold per 5 ofc) So: final build being; Boots of Choice/Frozen Heart/Trinity Force/FoN/MAW/GA
    Last edited by mmoc2bcebb3185; 2012-11-27 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I stuck it in a dropbox folder, second post. Also edited it into the OP.

Just like to say, vote to sticky! Could be an incredibly helpful thread for new players and experienced players looking to improve alike.

Also, allows everyone to have a peek at how others on the forum play for ideas if they don't fancy uploading their own clips.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

10+ Year Old Account
    Grading @ EU West
    Same as above
    Alright. There were a lot of things that went wrong here. The first being your starting item. Currently there are no junglers who really need to start cloth x5. With the current meta (and as darius especially) you really need the movement speed to make your ganks effective. So I would say you went wrong there. When you were fighting blue you waited too long to use your abilities. It seems like a minute thing, but you want to get everything out as soon as possible, especially since you decided to counter jungle.

It was a good idea to try to counter jungle malphite since he has a slow jungle to start with and you probably could have killed him or at least blown his flash. You fell into the awkward situation where he isn't at his red when you are. This has happened to me a lot and I find the best thing to do is take the red and either go bottom or ambush him. If you choose to ambush him after red you will have a level advantage, but you are also placing yourself in a position where you can be collapsed upon really easily. Imo just take the red and try to come from behind the bottom. You stuck around too long and effectively wasted your time and your flash, so try not to do that. It was a good idea, but you really need to know people's clear times if you want to aggressively counter jungle.

I don't like wriggles on Darius because he doesn't really rely on autos to clear the jungle. It's not a bad item for him, but I prefer double dorans or something more aggressive. On your first recall you didn't pick up boots either. If you are jungling you should always have boots. Especially for junglers that don't have gap closers. Darius has apprehend, but if they see you and they have boots, you won't catch them. So buy boots.

The main thing that I noticed was that you had very little map presence. It was warded everytime you went to go top, so your ganks were thwarted. What you could have done since you probably figured out that river was warded after the first few times was just came down the lane and bush creeped. I liked the early negatron cloak that you got since your team was kinda feeding lb. After that though you didn't need to get the force of nature with the amount of health you had. Kog'maw does a some magic damage, but the vast majority is physical. If there is a kogmaw, build to shut him down. Lb carries hard early-mid game, but falls off pretty hard if she isn't really fed.

So back to your build (I feel this was your biggest mistake this game). You had a warmogs and FoN before you built any armor that wasn't wriggles against a team that had a kog'maw and a pantheon. A build that I would have gone for that game would have been say boots x3, dorans blade, HoG, Aegis then go from there. Randuins would have helped your team immensely.

As for fighting and such goes, you tunnel visioned really hard, which resulted in your death a lot. Several fights or skirmishes you kinda ran at the low health target and then got kited and died.

Towards the end of the game you had the right idea as to when to push and such, but your team wasn't with you. When that happens, even if you guys clearly need to push, you need to stay with them. You got caught along a few times after they rezzed and you got torn to bits. That was more of a team mistake for not doing what they should, but if you realize your team isn't doing it right, at least try to stay with them.

At the very end you essentially thew the game for your team. I get that you were trying to pick off one person with apprehend so that your team could burst them. But, they didn't get bursted and you ended up intiating a 4v5 for the enemy team. Malphite didn't have to use his ult to initiate since you started the fight by pulling (I think nunu?) to you. So he could get into an easy position to lock up your carries. It was Garen's fault that he wasn't with the team right there, but you should not have pulled someone over the wall.

Though when the game got to super late game mode, and your team had a bunch of people who don't have amazing late games against a team that can easily protect their kog'maw it is a very grim prospect. He was positioning well so you couldn't really get to him, but your team needed to. That's where the randuins would have come in handy. Not only would he not have eaten you alive, he would have likely been slowed just from autoing you. He probably still would have killed you all because they really had a better team fighting comp than you guys did, but you have to try to get to them.

Along the lines of tunnel visioning, you sometimes need to peel for your carries instead of diving theirs. One of the fights in mid was a good example of this. You guys had pretty much already lost the fight, but you would have wanted to retreat with your varus and try to peel the malphite off of him. You probably still would have died since most of their team was still alive, but it would have helped a bit.

So overall a lot of the mistakes were team mistakes, but there were definitely things that you could have done a lot better too. It's hard to say you should do x because y as a jungler since what you do depends entirely on what the other team is and which lane needs help etc. The main thing I would try to work on is your build, and trying not to tunnel vision.

edit: holy wall of text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Axethor did earlier in the thread

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Bawhum @ EU West
    Diana Mid (One of my first few games with her, got extremely lucky that I was fed.)
    Can speak here, however if there's anything extremely offensive about my play in general I'd like to be pm'd haha

I know I really need to improve my overall play and not just my Diana play, so I'm just looking for feedback on what I really need to improve on quickly before I start ranked for S3.
    Will do yours when I wake up tomorrow. 1:30am here l0l.

is there anyway to get the files to you guys without a dropbox?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Bawhum @ EU West

Yay, an AP Mid game.

Okay, the first thing I noticed was you stood at your turret instead of defending blue. You probably would have given away first blood since you spent a decent amount of time standing in the fountain before buying, but if you had gotten there in time you could have easily seen the invade. Next, You used you skills to farm and push your lane when Lux was mia. As Diana, you really don't want to do that. You already have the disadvantage of being melee against Lux's zoning, no need to give her a bigger advantage by pushing her towards her turret. If you are going to do that though, push all the way to force a lane reset. You would kill the three melee minions, then back off. I understand you were scared of a gank, but you needed to push the whole wave so you could farm in the middle again. You also auto-attacked a lot instead of going for last hits. No one is perfect and if your getting pushed using autos to push back is normally fine, but really try to only last hit, especially as Diana. Most of this can be applied to any counter for any AP mid as well.

Another general thing that stuck out was your warding. You placed wards in odd spots if you were looking for safety in lane. The first one at blue buff was unnecessary, though I'm guessing you were checking for their jungler. This guide on Solomid has really good pictures of were to place wards. As a mid laner, I place them in the spot called Alternative: Lower Banana Brush or just in those two side bushes.. It gives you the most vision of that area.

Now, onto Diana specifically. When you used your Q, it looked like you were aiming based on the tip. Aim with the curve. It makes it harder to dodge and it's slightly easier to hit that way. After that is was just poor ability use, like missed ult resets or bad use of E. This was just in the lane phase though. By the time you started team fighting you were doing really well. Now, I'm guessing this was blind pick, because both team comps were atrocious. Normally, you would try to dive the carries. I saw you going for the tanks a lot. It's not always the best decision to dive the carries, but that is normally Diana's job.

Overall you did really well. Just gotta work on your laning and last hitting.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    Any file hosting site will work. You could even upload it using the lolreplay client, but I've never done it so I don't know how sharing that way works.
    Last edited by Axethor; 2012-11-27 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SargorVirm View Post
    you can use mediafire. And uh.. idk what else lol, those are the only two i've ever really used.

gunna put up a WIN game and a LOSE game. AP mid (gragas main)

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2497767/
    Sargaris5778 @ NA
    00:22:00
    I know i bought 1 too many dorans than i wanted to. accidentally triple click'd instead of double clicked :-(

.... looks like just the loss game for now. LoLreplayed site is kind of not liking me atm so cant get the other 1 up