View Poll Results: Eliminate CRZ From PvE Realms?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes

134 42.27%
  • No

183 57.73%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I don't mind CRZ at all (I'm on a PVE RP realm - medium pop) and I find it nice to see players in zones that are normally bare, I have even been stopped and asked questions, and ende dup chatting with these players and it's been great!

However the one issue I have with CRZ is that zoning from one zone to another now is bloody annoying! Dismounting passengers off flying mounts, a few secs lag when crossing. Seamless world my arse! lol.

But I know they are working on these issues, so as long as they get fixed eventually I have no qualms with CRZ at all. Brings the world a little bit of life again.
    I echo your sentiment exactly.
    I just leveled a new toon on a low pop RP server and had no issues. I enjoyed seeing and hearing more people in the world. Dalaran was alive again! Node and mob competition caused me no problems.

I did get dismounted when riding in a 2-person mount and crossing zone boundaries, but we just laughed it off.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is pointless because Blizz has said that CRZ is here to stay.

But if there's any realm that would benefit from having CRZ removed, it's PvP. Because it seems most of the whining these days is from the idiots who rolled PvP and didn't want to die.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    ITS AN MMO WHICH MEANS MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER SO GET OVER IT THIS IS HOW IT WAS SPOSED TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I do hope you lot get over this because if any of you buy Elder Scrolls Online then that is full of CRZ stuff!

I just hate it when I get to Blasted Lands.

Results may very from CRZ to CRZ's but I'm sick of having low latency in my home city then walking one zone over and have my latency double or triple. (Noticed it take about 8 minutes for it to return to normal after zoning back.)
    Double mount thing is REALLY starting to tick me off too, tried to fly a friend to a dungeon Sunday and got a little tired of having to pick them up every zone line, plus the 2 deaths from mobs they got by landing in them)

Quote Originally Posted by spook8519 View Post
    I do not like the CRZ, poorly implemented I think.
    Yeah I would like to see this needless and poorly used system removed. So far I have seen zero benefit and only downside from it. The mixing of time zones so events start or end before they should being one of the things that really has irked me. Blizz has spent so much time and money on this I think we are stuck with it even if it is a piece of junk and they cannot get it right. It is a dog shit solution to low population server and does little to help anybody.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    No it's not, the entire ruleset for the game is such that outside instanced content other players are competition and nothing more, group quests are all but gone and any reason to group with people went with them, nobody will talk to you whether they're on your server or not (Except to yell at you for taking the mob/node they wanted, fun!) so all you get for CRZ is people scurrying around in the distance, or alternatively getting in your way when you're trying to get things done.
    It is obviously that Blizzard doesn't see it this way, and I know plenty of players don't. I'm sure a lot of players actually like encountering other players out in the world, even if it's not to fight them or because they are in competition with them.

You don't have to like CRZ, but I think it's a little weird to say that being an MMO is irrelevant on PvE realms. Fighting and resource competition is not the only kind of social interaction that exists.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    I've just taken an alt through Outlands where I was told I'd have all kinds of problems because of CRZ, and it didn't happen.

Given how quickly you can level it's taken me roughly the first zone and a little into Zangarmarsh to hit 68 (doing about 4 dungeons) and I've not had any problems getting mobs / items although I have seen a few more dead things than I would normally...

Worth pointing out as well that the nodes and herbs I saw weren't being strip mined or fought over either.

So I'm a little confused to what all the fuss is about, maybe it'll rear it's ugly head in Northrend?!
    I'm curious where these nightmare areas are that people keep talking about as well. Someone in another thread said Westfall was buckling under CRZ so I flew out there and found like 25 people in the zone during prime time. Felt pretty barren still, truth be told. The big one people in this thread are complaining about is Outland. I'll take a look tonight at prime time and see what the fuss is about.

Sounds to me like there's a lot of exaggeration and hyperbole going on in the anti-CRZ camp.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it should be optional. Despite what they say, the zones werent designed for more than one server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    CRZ is future tech, implemented today. That being said, ofc it's not 100% bugfree yet, and there are issues yet to solve.

BUT blizzard is working on it, and I daresay that the issues will be solved and blizzard will improve upon CRZ instead of remove it. And one day, new MMOs will be laughed at if they use something old-fashioned like different servers.

Not a blizzard fanboy here, but I DO like that blizzard tries to push the technology instead of just copy-pasting stuff from other games (which they do, too, but that goes in both directions) Remember phasing? Was quite buggy and had issues (ICC porting stone) in the beginning as well, but they are always improving on it and personally, I haven't seen another game that uses that technology.

So no, CRZ should stay, and for good. Live with it.
    THIS is a typical Fanboy - ignoring all the facts.
    If at Blizzard would have anyone listining to reason they wouldnt have used CRZ in the first place at all:
    - crz brought bugs so the fishing events had to be turned off cause you could use crz as exploit there (gj blizzard...)
    - crz screwed up the guildapi (ever noticed theres a difference in you archy points in your guild interface and in your archi interface) and no matter how often these bugs are reported blizzard doesnt care anymore
    (yes sure activision has zero influence on blizzard - go lie to yourself more fanboys...)
    - crz is a lie... for example take dalaran: sure its no ghost town any longer but does you forfit anyhow from being more people in dalaran? no cause you cant trade with them, cant invite them to guilds, etc

crz is a fail that was only implemted to PRETEND they care about low pop servers
    when in fact they couldnt give a rats ass....

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    THIS is a typical Fanboy - ignoring all the facts.
    Intersting how you ignored the fact that CRZ brought more people into a previously desolate world...which is the whole reason for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These CRZ threads make me laugh because the true people who are against them are the people who sit at their computer and play that game for hours upon hours upon hours. How do i know it isn't the casual complaining? Because the only arguments i've read is that there's more people to compete against when mining/herbing or farming rare elites. Last time I checked, casuals don't farm rare elites because it's a waste of time and they probably rarely collect ore/herbs.

Besides, those who like their small servers are probably 1/1000... I can assure you that majority of the server is kicking their selves in the ass because there is no one to raid/pvp with due to the low population. CRZ isn't bad... Maybe if there was compelling arguments other than forever alone players wanting to remain forever alone.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing that Blizzard believes that the appearance of leveling zones that are for the most part deserted is a bad thing for new players and players returning after a while, but especially the former. If that guess is accurate the opt-out thing is unlikely even if technically feasible (which I don't believe at this point is true). From what I understand there are now many realms that are not even hosting specific zones any longer so opt-out in that case is a non-starter.

Note that none of the above has anything at all to do with a player's personal feelings about this. I've held the belief from the start that this is something that Blizzard is going to do regardless.

At this point, I find the poll results rather surprising even if it is non-scientific and pretty much meaningless. All of this post is applicable to PVE. I have little patience for PVP players who now feel there's too much PVP going on although I would support and have suggested that Blizzard providing a free character transfer for anyone that wants to move from a PVP realm to one of the PVE realm types would be a good thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You don't have to like CRZ, but I think it's a little weird to say that being an MMO is irrelevant on PvE realms. Fighting and resource competition is not the only kind of social interaction that exists.
    What else is there then? People don't talk with each other anymore outside their guild (Don't suggest i start talking to random strangers, getting ignored is the best possible outcome of that), you just crossed out fighting and resource competition, so what's left is... umm... seeing people running around, i guess.

I still maintain that outside instanced content and guilds, WoW is a single-player game with chat built into it, which makes other players outside your own little circle and maybe AH (Where CRZ again adds nothing, BTW), you guessed it: irrelevant.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    The only real problem I've had from it is where you're riding (or someone is riding on your) a two-person flying mount, and you transition between zones before (or after) the other person, and it kicks the passenger off, sending them down to the ground however far down that may be. It is extremely annoying and sometimes happens with just about every zone change.

What else is there then? People don't talk with each other anymore outside their guild (Don't suggest i start talking to random strangers, getting ignored is the best possible outcome of that), you just crossed out fighting and resource competition, so what's left is... umm... seeing people running around, i guess.

I still maintain that outside instanced content and guilds, WoW is a single-player game with chat built into it, which makes other players outside your own little circle and maybe AH (Where CRZ again adds nothing, BTW), you guessed it: irrelevant.
    It's sad that for many this has happened. I mean how did you meet your circle of friends in wow in the first place? For me it was randomly meeting people and stopping to chat, or being whispered asking for help with a quest or just general questions Or responding to a LFG request in trade chat (pre LFD system), thats how I met and became friends with the people I currently call my WoW family.

Without that, wheres the fun? For me the fun is playing the game with friends, and making new friends, and interacting with people I may not have seen before, I love nothing mroe than to be out questing, and bumping into someone also out farming ore , that whispers me asking if I'm mining ore too, and coming to a compromise on areas to stick too, or even getting an apology form someone for taking a node that they didn't see me at, and then ending up chatting for ages.

Or like one time i was in Burning Steppes and I was farming ore. I happened to see a Dwarf hunter almost die to a pack of mobs, his pet was dead and so was he. I stopped and threw HOT on him, then killed the mobs. He thanked me over and over, and even offered gold (to which i refused) we then spent around 40 minutes chatting, I offered him help with quests to which he thanked me for, but that he would be fine and wouldn't like to take anymore of my time. All the while he was in character. It was bloody awesome, and refreshing, and fun.

I want that back so much! But people just seem to not care about anyone other than themselves these days. Thankfully I bump into these people alot more often now with CRZ. And I like it!

First Blizzard removed every single group quest during Cataclysm and then they add the cross realm zones... I really don´t get it. The way it is set up now is that other players are just annoyances in the level-up zones. You don´t need them for anything anymore. You don´t need to group up, you can´t trade, they can´t craft you something, nothing. So i don´t see the the need to crossrealm everyone together at this point in the game.

And their "it was intended to have people compete for nodes because that´s how it is on a full server" argument is nonsense, too, because even on a full server there are always times when a zone is empty. With CRZ that never happens because they are always dynamically zoned together so that their target number of players is present in every zone at all times.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, first off, you're applying your subjective opinion and experience to the entire game, for every player. Plenty of people talk to other players outside of their own guilds. Just because you don't doesn't mean that most players don't, nor does it mean that it's not something Blizzard wants to encourage. While I admit I am not the type to stop and chat with strangers, I still regularly group up with people I cross out in the world while questing. Usually it is them inviting me, too, so it's not like I have just been aggressively social. I also have a number of friends outside of my guild and interact with them regularly, not just in /chat but also in PvE.

Second, you're using "relevant" and "important" interchangably and they are not the same thing. "Seeing people running around in the world" might not be an issue that you much about (or an issue worth the downsides of CRZ), but that doesn't mean it wasn't a relevant motivation for implementing the system, because it was. Blizzard flatly said their goal with cross realm was to make the world feel alive, to make WoW feel like an MMO and not a single player game because you were the only person playing in an entire zone. Objectively, none of that is specific to PvE or PvP. It's a relevant motivation in either system, even if some players on PvE realms might care less. But ultimately the state of the world is relevent to everyone in it, whether they personally find the issue concerning or not.

And on the subjective front, while I am not sure that CRZ is the best way to implement it, I personally enjoy seeing people out in the world, even if I never speak or group with them. It makes the world feel vibrant and alive, and that atmosphere is something that has always attracted me to MMOs over single player games (and likewise WoW over MMOs where the world is heavily-instanced). There is something boring and hollow about an empty world, and it makes me miss the days those zones were more active with leveling players. While I like the increased leveling speed we have nowadays and appreciate the fact that getting to the cap can be done quickly, moving us out of those old zones swiftly, I also still carry a fondness for seeing a lot of activity in quest hubs. I don't know how many other players feel this way, but Blizzard obviously does.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    They should pull CRZ out for alittle bit & fix it alittle than bring it back, the general Idea is amazing but the nicks & crannies are not that good.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    and what is CRZ bringing to a very high populated PVP server like mine? except ganking?
    So your crying because YOU rolled on a PvP realm? Doesnt sound like your argument has anything to do with CRZ and everything to do with not being able to PvP. . . . . on a PvP realm.