Thread: Patch 5.1

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Patch 5.1

You misunderstood me. I dont bitch because there is no raid after two months of new expansion. But because until Cataclysm all x.1 patches had Raid in them. I dont say i want a raid RIGHT NOW i want it when the time comes but just dont call this 5.1 really.

I just made this. Does anyone feel the same way?

Patch 1.1 : Onyxia raid.
    Patch 2.1 : Black Temple
    Patch 3.1 : Ulduar (!!!!)
    Patch 4.1 : Firelands was planned for 4.1 but it was too early, so instead of waiting 1 month they pushed it 4 more months.
    Patch 5.1 : no raid, no dungeon. Blizz saw that they can get away with no raid in 4.1 so they did the same in 5.1

A patch without raid should be considered a minor patch.
    Last edited by Deepsidedj; 2012-11-27 at 02:35 PM.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    You can have big patches with lots of time between them, or you can have small patches with less time between them.

Well when they said that they are gonna try to release patches faster i didn't think they are gonna do it by cutting content. This is wrong man.
    That guy (>'.')>

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    Well when they said that they are gonna try to release patches faster i didn't think they are gonna do it by cutting content. This is wrong man.
    Where did they cut content? I don't recall anything they told us was coming in 5.1 that did not make it in. They can't release a new raid tier this fast, as very few have actually cleared the current one. I suppose if it had made sense from a story perspective they could have put in a new dungeon or two, but there are plenty of dungeons right now. And 5.1 has quite a bit more than just "daily quests" in it. So I am really not sure where you are coming from.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

There's like 16 fucking bosses to do now with heroic versions. We aren't even close to NEEDING another raid any time soon. There's hardly any time to do anything but raiding if that's what you're into. Then there's all that other good stuff they added to the expansion that is also time-consuming.

Not to mention you skipped the part about the Brawler's Guild, the scenarios, the regular quests/lore, and all the other stuff I forgot.

But seriously, 16 raid bosses and 16 heroic versions of them. That's more bosses than we've had in a single patch of WoW in a long, long time. We don't need a raid in 5.1

It doesn't say scenario's, which is probably the main focus in 5.1

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    It doesn't say scenario's, which is probably the main focus in 5.1
    scenarios...semi good pve gear that MIGHT drop and not being able to kick afk players who dont do anything the whole time...fun
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

You are speaking like they always had new raids and dungeons with every major patch. Let's go back to TBC times... Que patch 2.2: the VOICE CHAT (and nothing else). Or should we go back to gloriuos vanilla times? Patch 1.4: three classes get epic quests, and Honor System! Or we could remember the recent times ... 4.1: the patch of two refurbished dungeons.

EDIT: Also, why the bloody hell we need another raid? Terrace just opened a few weeks ago. We have 3 raids with 16 bosses. We don't need another raid now.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    this picture is complete wrong - where did Blizzard claim there will be new dungeons/raids in 5.1?
    link your source for that please...

15+ Year Old Account
    How can they cut content that never existed to begin with?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want bigger patches you'll have to wait longer. And it'll probably wind up being the same amount of stuff at the same rate in the end. They aren't cutting content outright, they're taking the usual amount of content and spreading its release out a bit.

Like if instead of having one patch be a raid and a new daily quest zone released after a 5 month wait, we get the daily quest zone after 2 months and the raid after another 3 months.

There are so many raid bosses atm. Many guilds havnt even begun to clean stuff. We are FINE with whatever they give us.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its fucking hilarious that some people think WoW is only about Raids, seriously. Also, can you provide a link to source where they said they are adding even MORE bosses on top of the 16 WE HAVE RIGHT NOW, not 2 weeks ago we JUST got a new raid. Honestly, some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    this picture is complete wrong - where did Blizzard claim there will be new dungeons/raids in 5.1?
    link your source for that please...
    Wooooooooooosh. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at it this way.

Instead of releasing 5.1 in six months with a new raid tier and all the new 5.1 content, they're releasing the dailies and scenarios and lore early.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

You need 1 tier of raiding every 2 months?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    No I don't feel the same, because we've known what 5.1 would be about since Blizzcon '11....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

are you that new?
    something.1/2/3 only meant new raid content back in wrath.

pull your diapers up and quit your bitching.

Patch 4.1 : Firelands was planned for 4.1 but it was too early, so instead of waiting 1 month they pushed it 4 more months.
    Patch 5.1 : no raid, no dungeon. Blizz saw that they can get away with no raid in 4.1 so they did the same in 5.1

That guy (>'.')>

Is this like, a definition thing? Raid = major patch, no raid = minor patch? I mean it's a pretty solid working definition but I don't know why we need a thread about it.