Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeePhan1234 View Post
    First is that we are way too reliant on having orbs to open a fight, if we do our DPS remains with the rest of the raid towards the top, but if we don't we struggle to break 120-130k burst. To me this can be fixed by giving us some sort of way to regenerate orbs outside of combat, maybe some sort of rune-tap esque ability that grants us 3 orbs on a 45 sec - 1 min 30 sec CD?
    Somehow I don't think that <200000 damage over the course of an entire fight is going to bump us from middling last to the top. It's nice, but not what I'd call mandatory
    {[( )]}

Deleted
    I do not understand what the point is of this thread? Any raiding sp will tell you orbs are a complete pain. And in pvp I always felt starved unless i was under heavy fire. I think sp's are quite balanced now, if anything it required more input to act correctly on your procs, sp was more fun when vt did more dmg, but I think in the future with scaling and haste thresholds and even some fights where sw": i is viable you will see that changes done to sp are mostly good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    You neglected to answer a single one of my questions. So according to what you said, would you want to get a CD that is "fun", if so what makes it fun and what cds are out there that are "fun" for you? I'll ask the same question as i did before, if PI was balanced and was equal or better on some fights than Tof/DI would that make PI a sufficient CD for you?
    I didn't neglect, your saying we have 3 CD's, we have 1. SF and MB are the same thing, it's 1 CD modified. PI is a holy/disc deal, you cant balance all 3 talents on same tier to work perfectly for all 3 specs. It's not about just having CD's for sake of it it's about the feel of SP in combat and interesting CD's like Incarnation make you feel a lot more epic.

This thread is about the feel. If you feel epic popping SF that disappears 8-12 secs or gets CC'd and then continuing with your highly simplified rotation then good for you, return to your cave and let rest of us chat about ways to make SP less monotonous.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    I didn't neglect, your saying we have 3 CD's, we have 1. SF and MB are the same thing, it's 1 CD modified. PI is a holy/disc deal, you cant balance all 3 talents on same tier to work perfectly for all 3 specs. It's not about just having CD's for sake of it it's about the feel of SP in combat and interesting CD's like Incarnation make you feel a lot more epic.

This thread is about the feel. If you feel epic popping SF that disappears 8-12 secs or gets CC'd and then continuing with your highly simplified rotation then good for you, return to your cave and let rest of us chat about ways to make SP less monotonous.
    Yeah! How dare someone else have an opinion or ever argue with yours. I didn't say we have 3 cds, I said we have the option to have CDs, which is something we do(I was simply pointing out which ones). People continue to complain about how we don't have CDs and want Archangel back. I've asked multiple times, what makes Archangel fun and interesting to use. But we have yet to get a real answer other than the fact you think SF/PI/MB are not classified as a useful DMG CD, which in reality, they are. We cant help the devs or change a class or come up with ideas to make something work without an actual discussion of why you previously liked something and why you don't now. Improving something doesn't work like that. Now a real answer would be, I dislike PI because it does not compete with the other talents on that tier and I dislike that it only increases my cast speed, therefore I don't see an actual DPS gain on my screen. I WANT TO SEE BIG NUMBAS!!! Now they can very easily tweak numbers and fix PI to be on equal grounds as Tof/DI. If they did this would you be happy with PI as a CD, yes or no? Hopefully this time we can get an actual answer that is useful and allows is to have a helpful discussion other than, qq i dont like it qq.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

I didn't say we have 3 cds, I said we have the option to have CDs, which is something we do(I was simply pointing out which ones). People continue to complain about how we don't have CDs and want Archangel back. I've asked multiple times, what makes Archangel fun and interesting to use. But we have yet to get a real answer other than the fact you think SF/PI/MB are not classified as a useful DMG CD, which in reality, they are.
    Saying we have 3 CD's out of which one is a 3m CD pet with 0 extra abilities, the other one is not even a new spell, but a modified version of something you already have, and the 3rd one is useless and not even close (I'm speaking about 10-30% dps loss here) to either of the remaining 2 talents in the tier no matter the fight, is just stupid.

What made AA fun to use is that it provided you with burst in both PvP, and PvE, which in order to do now you pretty much have to sit on 3 orbs waiting for the right moment, which most of the times presents a waste of at least 1-2 additional orbs you may have gained during the time you wait, not even to mention potential DI procs on fights that favor that talent.

If they really want to make PI our "to go" CD, they should make it baseline, because there is no way I am giving up on ToF, as pushing on ToF uptime is currently the one single thing in the game that makes SP both fun and challenging to play in PvE.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    What made AA fun to use is that it provided you with burst in both PvP, and PvE
    See, that is an answer we can work with. The problem with it is as you stated, we already have ToF which is a +dmg% increase. Unless they change ToF, they wont give us another + dmg talent since we already have one which is why they put PI in that tier. But as I asked earlier, if PI was on equal standards as ToF/DI would people be fine with it as a CD? Most likely increasing the haste gain and time on it would be the easiest way to do so.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    I still don't get why people are complaining.
    Well I'm not really sure about my stance on the issue.

I would say in order to really make an informed opinion about this you need to know all the specs and classes well. I don't know all classes and specs well in MoP, but I played every class and every spec in Cata (tho not all high end, I always read up about a class or spec to min-max it). For example, I assume a hunter still always has rapid fire, but I'm not sure. The other 3 classes I have at 90 are shaman, warlock, and druid. I also know other classes simply burst higher than shadow priest on pull (except the very first seconds perhaps) including that of DoT classes. I ask, why does a boomkin -who have sick burst- have the ability to get into an eclipse every fight and an affliction warlock have full shards whereas a demo warlock doesn't have demonic fury, a destro lock doesn't have burning embers, and a shadow priest doesn't have orbs. Sure, the orbs don't decay, but the burst is also lower than demo/destro (at least I assume). They give a destro lock 1 ember and a demo lock some fury to do some minimal tasks with it but what can we do? Only MB at start.

So, are you saying that if PI were to be renamed to Archangel, that you would be happy then?
    Haste and increased damage isn't the same. The haste from PI could get a spriest who isn't reaching haste cape over the haste cap. And the haste is useful for healing where you need to spam (and during PoH spam is different from increased healing done).

Are you saying that if PI was able to keep up with Tof/DI that you would be satisfied? I'll ask this again, if PI were to change to a +dmg% cd would that make you feel better? See, I don't understand why people complain so incredibly much about not having a on use CD. We ave ToF which is incredibly good for almost all of the fights. Tof is a +15% dmg buff that lasts 10 seconds and every time you hit something under 20% making it have a relatively high uptime on a decent amount of fights. In literal basics, ToF is a on dmg CD buff that you activate though hitting something.
    Yes, I know what ToF is, I'm using it almost exclusively ever since I've been able to (in beta DI was better when I played it). I'm using Puntable Marmot, I bought an Ogre Pinata.

I'm going to assume here, but, I'm going to say the reason everyone cries so much about not having a DPS CD(even though we have many. Shadowfiend and mindbender do a lot of dmg) is that at the very start of a fight you don't see your self sky rocket to 300k dps like mages/rets/elesham. Is this a safe assumption?
    Sorry, we don't have many CDs. 1 CD is not many (although you are correct you can get into 1 every minute, as well as get an additional one from talent tree, this comes at a price and FDCL is great during movement) and Halo can be seen as a burst CD but requires positioning and can be useless on the rest of the fight. We don't have many compared to the other 2 priest specs. My elemental shaman has more CDs, and they're always there regardless of spec. Even warlocks have more burst CDs: they have a 10 min minion CD and Dark Soul a 2 min CD. The minion is reset every attempt, and Dark Soul is also always available. So they already have 2 CDs in their base talent trees which doesn't even include whatever they have specific from their specialization.

By the way agreeing on shadow lack burst CDs does not mean that we must have more burst CDs in PvE. But if we do lack them, then the dilemma is: sitting out, playing healing spec, or getting carried.

I also agree if you would make PI baseline then that'd mean both disc and holy would get it as well (getting ANOTHER) CD, no choice. Would also mean a new talent would be needed in T5 but that could be a throughput one (or AA? Lol). Yes, if shadow had AA one could line it up with PI and do even more sick burst in PvP but that would mean that player misses out on the other 2 talents. Also, if you buff PI for shadow, it is also buffed for disc/holy whereas right now I find all these talents viable/situational on fight for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sipep View Post
    No not having to DP with 5 orbs. Similar to how Holy Power currently works. All the abilities take 3 holy power but you can have 5 at once. So we would still be using DP with 3 orbs.
    5 orbs, DP, MB, DP. That is some sick burst. Too sick for PvP? And how do you get those 5 orbs before the fight starts?

And to the fellow who says get the right glyphs: I love the glyph choices for priest they're all very interesting for all 3 specs (I also like the talent tree choices) but they're not related in any kind to burst damage except for Mind Spike glyph which with FDCL gives you instant MBs (at the cost of not having the other "MB").

I could add, on very small pool health mobs, Mind Sear feels so weak. I'm just doing dailies, let's say the Klaxxi daily where you have to gather the sap from the trees, and where you have to kill the flies: on my BM hunter I just aoe them once (or twice), on my lock I use the multi drain-life thing 2 ticks they're dead... on my spriest, it's 4 ticks at least. No time here to multi-dot, that'd be even worse!

If they could at the very least add a 2mins CD or something, to burst on Mind Sear, that'd really make a huge diff. ALL the dailies where we *have* to aoe, spriest are just the worst class out there atm...

---
    Adding: if we could use orbs to boost Mind Sear, somehow, that'd be great hehe.
    Last edited by DiGG; 2012-11-27 at 07:10 PM.