Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Don't forget Chris Chase.
    Please tell me they got rid of Chase. Pretty please? I don't really read much of yahoo sports anymore, just look at standings/rankings and such. But when I do look I haven't seen his name lately. He needs to eat a bullet with how bad and stupid his writing is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Please tell me they got rid of Chase. Pretty please? I don't really read much of yahoo sports anymore, just look at standings/rankings and such. But when I do look I haven't seen his name lately. He needs to eat a bullet with how bad and stupid his writing is.
    He hasn't written a blog entry since August 17th so I assume he was fired or re-assigned somewhere. God was he terrible. Then again, nearly all of the bloggers or writers on Yahoo are terrible. I don't think I have liked a single blogger, except for Wysh, since Trey Kerby and Skeets left the NBA blog a long time ago and moved to Score where they run TBJ. At least Wetzel, Woj, and a few others are good writers still.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He hasn't written a blog entry since August 17th so I assume he was fired or re-assigned somewhere. God was he terrible. Then again, nearly all of the bloggers or writers on Yahoo are terrible. I don't think I have liked a single blogger, except for Wysh, since Trey Kerby and Skeets left the NBA blog a long time ago and mode to Score where they run TBJ. At least Wetzel, Woj, and a few others are good writers still.
    Yea damn near all of them are extremely horrible but, Chase... He put a new meaning to horrible. I hope he was fired and not re-assigned because he doesn't deserve a job.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
    Yea damn near all of them are extremely horrible but, Chase... He put a new meaning to horrible. I hope he was fired and not re-assigned because he doesn't deserve a job.
    Chris Chase works for USA Today now.

Deleted
    Tack the Pats DE Jermaine Cunningham on the 4 game suspension for PED list.
    Wonder if it's Adderall aswell, and if it is, then it really makes you wonder who is orchestrating it, since the players come from so many different clubs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer52431 View Post
    Chris Chase works for USA Today now.
    How the hell did he manage that upgrade with his absolutely horrible writing ability? Just looked, and yep the blog entries by him are still completely stupid.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Wonder if it's Adderall aswell, and if it is, then it really makes you wonder who is orchestrating it, since the players come from so many different clubs.
    It isn't an orchestration. It is something that tons of guys are doing according to inside sources (and not just in the NFL). It is a wide spread issue from the sounds of what people are saying. It is basically just the next evolution of the amphetamines and caffeine supplements that guys have been abusing forever in every league.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is Chris Chase like the Mike D'antoni of writers being bad and still getting a better and better job wow just wow. I do believe that is has more to do with Yahoo then him thou I think they want eye catching stories that are really not stories but just attention grabbing headline stories.

He hasn't written a blog entry since August 17th so I assume he was fired or re-assigned somewhere. God was he terrible. Then again, nearly all of the bloggers or writers on Yahoo are terrible. I don't think I have liked a single blogger, except for Wysh, since Trey Kerby and Skeets left the NBA blog a long time ago and mode to Score where they run TBJ. At least Wetzel, Woj, and a few others are good writers still.

Deleted
    That is completely wrong. The reason that kickers are let go so quickly is because every single kicker in the league is replaceable with the exception of 3-4 guys. It isn't at all something anyone considers easy. Its just that pretty much any kicker will have almost identical percentages over a long period of time within their range. Its why you don't give kickers large contracts after high percentage years as they will always regress to the mean. It isn't an easy skill by any means. It is however a skill that 50-60 players can do at an almost identical level which is why there is such large turnover among kickers.
    Now consider what you just said. If there are 50-60 guys who can kick at an almost identical level simple logic dictates that the position as a whole is pretty straightforward. If there's such little deviation between the players at the very top level it stands to reason that the job as a whole has nothing inherently difficult about it, that the difference between a great kicker and a good kicker is a few yards. In no other position in any sport would that be true. Be it a football goalkeeper, or a closing pitcher, or an F1 driver. It's why you should always pick a kicker last in fantasy, because at the end of the day kicking well enough to make an NFL team is a relatively common skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tack the Pats DE Jermaine Cunningham on the 4 game suspension for PED list.
    I read blurbs on twitter while at class today. Apparently they [Sherman and Browner] failed a test back in September, the league tried to push for the suspensions to take place before thanksgiving but couldn't.

Now it makes sense why they couldn't. So many suspensions in the past few days.

And then they don't suspend or even fine Suh.
    Last edited by Vetali; 2012-11-27 at 12:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Now consider what you just said. If there are 50-60 guys who can kick at an almost identical level simple logic dictates that the position as a whole is pretty straightforward. If there's such little deviation between the players at the very top level it stands to reason that the job as a whole has nothing inherently difficult about it, that the difference between a great kicker and a good kicker is a few yards. In no other position in any sport would that be true. Be it a football goalkeeper, or a closing pitcher, or an F1 driver. It's why you should always pick a kicker last in fantasy, because at the end of the day kicking well enough to make an NFL team is a relatively common skill.
    50-60 people out of 400 million in America (plus a number of foreign born people interested in the sport). Not exactly easy or common. I think you are seriously underestimating the value between a great and average kicker to think it isn't an important skill. You brought up the position that is absolutely the most comparable to kickers, the closer in baseball. There are a handful of closers in baseball that are truly next level. Rivera, the kid in Atlanta, etc. Of the 30 closers in baseball, 20 or so are different every single year thanks to performance alone. Guys are going to have great years followed by horrible regression to the mean year (Big Potato in Detroit) just like kickers. And just like kickers some are going to get stupid contracts teams immediately regret while others are replaced for a guy that is going to give the same average production over the course of a couple years.

Kicking is not a relatively common skill. Hundreds of kicking prospects graduate from college every single year having either played football or soccer. 2-3 are drafted each year, maybe. So of the elite kickers getting into college, less than a handful of those get a chance to even audition for an NFL team, while even fewer of those actually make it. It is not in any way an easy skill that you can pull a guy off the street and have him do. It is like saying being a WR in the NFL is an easy replaceable skill because a total scrub like Laurent Robinson can catch 11 TDs in a season and finish third in the league.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    And then they don't suspend or even fine Suh.
    Still reviewing it for a fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with everything you said Conscript, but I think that one of the reasons not many kickers get drafted, is because they last so long in the NFL. So many of them play after age 40, you don't need to see new ones every year.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:23 PM ----------

Is the voice of the pig during Monday Night Countdown that says "C'mon man", voiced by Billy West? Sounds an awful lot like Philip J. Fry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I agree with everything you said Conscript, but I think that one of the reasons not many kickers get drafted, is because they last so long in the NFL. So many of them play after age 40, you don't need to see new ones every year.
    Ya kickers are like coaches. They have long shelf lives because teams will just keep on recycling them. Graham Gano was never good in Washington. Kicked 68 and 75% the last two seasons yet Carolina signed him this offseason for god knows what reason. Norv Turner will get fired in San Diego in a couple weeks (a couple years to late) while having never been good previously as a head coach. He will probably get hired again. Andy Reid is legendary (legendary!) for his inability to manage challengers, timeouts, and the clock at end of games. He will be unemployed for about an hour. Romeo Crenel was terrible in Cleveland, got hired in KC after being the temp coach for a few games, and now they are completely awful. Teams would rather risk a known quantity, even if said quantity is terrible, than take risks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still reviewing it for a fine.
    Oh.

Russell Wilson is the 1st rookie in NFL history with a 125+ passer rating in 3 consecutive games... wow.

Deleted
    The difference between a closer in baseball and a kicker is that there simply aren't the same number of closers who can all play at the same level. The difference between Rivera and the worst closer in the league is massive, the difference between David Akers (or whoever people think is currently the best) and the worst kicker in the league isn't that much. Hell, there was a story the other month about a high school kicker who made a 67 yard kick, beating out the NFL record of 63. Could you imagine a high school pitcher beating an MLB record? The thought is laughable.

Of course you couldn't just pull somebody off the street to do it, and to suggest that is the claim I was making is a major misrepresentation of my argument. However, the simple fact is kicking is a position where it is much easier to reach the accepted NFL standard, and as such there is far more competition for places. If a player falls below that standard he is going to be replaced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    The difference between a closer in baseball and a kicker is that there simply aren't the same number of closers who can all play at the same level. The difference between Rivera and the worst closer in the league is massive, the difference between David Akers (or whoever people think is currently the best) and the worst kicker in the league isn't that much. Hell, there was a story the other month about a high school kicker who made a 67 yard kick, beating out the NFL record of 63. Could you imagine a high school pitcher beating an MLB record? The thought is laughable.
    There are so many factors to determine a kicker making a long kick, that it doesn't matter. Most NFL-caliber kickers hit 70-yarders in practice, but they never have during a game because coaches don't risk the field position. Plus they don't have eleven guys jumping in their face, so they can focus on distance over angle and everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Foles is going to kill his receivers with the throws hes making. They are just getting destroyed when he throws to the ball to them.

15+ Year Old Account
    How have there been 0 turnovers in tonight's game?

10+ Year Old Account
    did they go for two in the second quarter? or was it a bad snap or something

cuz going for two in the second quarter tells me they don't expect to score another TD the rest of the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    did they go for two in the second quarter? or was it a bad snap or something

cuz going for two in the second quarter tells me they don't expect to score another TD the rest of the game
    Went for two and failed.