Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a LightMovement 10,000iteration fight, i am simming 90634 dps with a haste-dominate build (hitting the 6637 haste breakpoint, only leaving 4689 mastery left) and am simming 90293 with a mastery-dominate build that is only hitting the 4717 breakpoint. All other factors are completely equal with both builds except the mastery/haste ratio.

The purpose for my question was to inquire about the locks, top-tiered locks pushing heroic content and consistently ranking WOLs, who have (what seems to me as arbitrary) around 5100 and 5200 haste rating. After studying the spreadsheet, I quite literally see no reason to stack haste anywhere near 5100 or 5200 (im talking five-thousand, not the 4198 cap). There's a breakpoint at 6400 and then the 6637 breakpoint, but between 4717 and 6400 i see nothing. This is puzzling to me, as all forums and conversation on the topic seem to also ignore this cap despite seeing it so commonly reached.
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

You really should stop assuming "top-tiered locks" have any clue what they're doing. The main requirement for being in a top guild is being willing/able to put your life on hold for X weeks/months during progression, and maybe some modicum of situational awareness, but certainly not an intimate knowledge of haste breakpoints or the ability to come up with an optimal reforge.
    Last edited by Gobuchul; 2012-11-25 at 08:04 AM.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

FWIW - If I hit the 9700 haste breakpoint I do 40 less DPS than if I stay at the 4717 breakpoint and stack the balls out of mastery like my current setup is.

Either way you've made at least 3 other posts about the exact same thing. Kinda getting old and flooding the forum with more pointless threads. WRU Skarma :s

you need to remember, that cap gives extra tick and dps, but only if you always refresh dot perfectly or let them expire, in most cases haste gain is linear, just slightly better at cap and worst just under cap.

noone mentioned that being close to a cap, but under it, is worst for dps/point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    For a LightMovement 10,000iteration fight, i am simming 90634 dps with a haste-dominate build (hitting the 6637 haste breakpoint, only leaving 4689 mastery left) and am simming 90293 with a mastery-dominate build that is only hitting the 4717 breakpoint. All other factors are completely equal with both builds except the mastery/haste ratio.

The purpose for my question was to inquire about the locks, top-tiered locks pushing heroic content and consistently ranking WOLs, who have (what seems to me as arbitrary) around 5100 and 5200 haste rating. After studying the spreadsheet, I quite literally see no reason to stack haste anywhere near 5100 or 5200 (im talking five-thousand, not the 4198 cap). There's a breakpoint at 6400 and then the 6637 breakpoint, but between 4717 and 6400 i see nothing. This is puzzling to me, as all forums and conversation on the topic seem to also ignore this cap despite seeing it so commonly reached.

see, check this spreadsheet out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZmFYa0E#gid=12

The reason why Im at 5206+ haste right now is because it is not far from the 4717 cap, and with glyphed Dark Soul: Misery I can reach an extra tick on Unstable affliction. Allso I reach an extra tick for both UA and Corruption under BL. which is pretty neat. this is the reason as to why so many people go for it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yyrik/advanced heres my armorylink if you're interested. Armory does not show the 15.67% haste I have right now, seems to ignore the glyph of DS:M completely.
    Last edited by mmocfdca0ff4fa; 2012-11-27 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGnomE View Post
    see, check this spreadsheet out https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...ZmFYa0E#gid=12

The reason why Im at 5206+ haste right now is because it is not far from the 4717 cap, and with glyphed Dark Soul: Misery I can reach an extra tick on Unstable affliction. Allso I reach an extra tick for both UA and Corruption under BL. which is pretty neat. this is the reason as to why so many people go for it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yyrik/advanced heres my armorylink if you're interested. Armory does not show the 15.67% haste I have right now, seems to ignore the glyph of DS:M completely.
    You shouldn't glyph dark soul to try and get a breakpoint.

Agree. That sound interesting but glyphing DarkSoul is a bad idea...

Try to simulate your char without the glyph. It's really a DPS upgrade ?
    After-all it's never too late to question itself...