Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    Thanks for input on fistweaving. I've got another question, if anyone can help out. Does anyone have a good macro for targeting your statue and then casting chi burst? I've read that this can also help boost our healing and dps a bit in raids.
    The point of this is that you can position your statue however you like (in a group of allies for example), and not rely on the position of the boss/tank/yourself.

If you want to cast Chi Burst directly on the statue (without targeting), I think setting your statue as focus target and a focus cast macro should work.

#showtooltip
    /cast [@focus] Chi Burst
    Last edited by mmoc182bc215f9; 2012-11-17 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    The point of this is that you can position your statue however you like (in a group of allies for example), and not rely on the position of the boss/tank/yourself.

If you want to cast Chi Burst directly on the statue (without targeting), I think setting your statue as focus target and a focus cast macro should work.
    Get arrow mouseovers on your raid frames, seriously

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbfoundead View Post
    Get arrow mouseovers on your raid frames, seriously
    I use that already.

Synbaby asked for a solution to using Chi Burst on his statue, I provided.

Move on?

Focus macros aren't very useful. If you recast the statue, you'd need to reset it as focus or make a separate macro just for that.

How about a mouseover:
    #showtooltip Chi Burst
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Chi Burst

And set that macro on your action bar and bind it to a mouse button and call it a day.
    You can put your pointer over the boss, a raid member, or even a mob and it should work just fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering if someone can help me decide on something.

I was previously using the raid finder versions of Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor with Fan of Fiery Winds. During today's Terrace of Endless Spring LFR I managed to obtain the raid finder version of Jin'Ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker.

I'm generally broke most of the time and don't have more than 30k gold total across my characters and sha crystals are going for about 700g each on my server. My main question is if it's worth me springing 7k gold to put Jade Spirit on the staff?

I realize there's always the chance I could replace it with a raid finder 483 MH/OH combo however I'm not sure if that'd be better. There's also a very low chance of me obtaining a better weapon in my guild's normal mode raids for quite some time as we are a very casual guild that only raids 2 nights/3 hours per night each week and we use EPGP as a loot system. We're also stuck on Elegon, although we may attempt to try out a few bosses in HoF next week to mix it up I don't see a better weapon coming my way for awhile.

Thanks for any advice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivellana View Post
    I'm wondering if someone can help me decide on something.

I was previously using the raid finder versions of Tihan, Scepter of the Sleeping Emperor with Fan of Fiery Winds. During today's Terrace of Endless Spring LFR I managed to obtain the raid finder version of Jin'Ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker.

I'm generally broke most of the time and don't have more than 30k gold total across my characters and sha crystals are going for about 700g each on my server. My main question is if it's worth me springing 7k gold to put Jade Spirit on the staff?

I realize there's always the chance I could replace it with a raid finder 483 MH/OH combo however I'm not sure if that'd be better. There's also a very low chance of me obtaining a better weapon in my guild's normal mode raids for quite some time as we are a very casual guild that only raids 2 nights/3 hours per night each week and we use EPGP as a loot system. We're also stuck on Elegon, although we may attempt to try out a few bosses in HoF next week to mix it up I don't see a better weapon coming my way for awhile.

Thanks for any advice.
    Jade Spirit is obviously better, and it's worth the gold. But if you can't afford it, it's not the end of the world. Windsong is decent too.

Tip: try to stack up on some Sha Crystals to cut off a chunk of the total cost.

Deleted
    Does our 2 set and 4 set change our play style or are they really that bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daredalus View Post
    Does our 2 set and 4 set change our play style or are they really that bad?
    They won't change anything. They could be better, but it's a nice bonus anyway. Slightly buffs our tank/single target healing.

The 2 set is kinda nice since Surging mist is so mana hungry and is sometimes used to pick up a critical person. I consider the 4 set to be worthless with the only fight where i even cast Enveloping Mists is healing Tsulong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The 2 set is kinda nice since Surging mist is so mana hungry and is sometimes used to pick up a critical person. I consider the 4 set to be worthless with the only fight where i even cast Enveloping Mists is healing Tsulong.
    When tanks are trying to learn new fights, or 2 healing 10 mans, I find Enveloping Mists to be extremely useful. Great on predictable damage in multiple areas of HoF or The Machine guy in MV. Surging Mist however I think will lose its worth very quickly, if it even had some.

If my calcs are correct, with the changes to ReM assuming 5% haste buff is present the 1st haste breakpoint for a 10th tick on ReM should require 225 haste rating and the 11th tick should be at 4723 haste rating.

With the changes to stance of the wise serpent, providing you with an extra 50% haste from gear, it should lower the haste breakpoint required on your gear for 11 ticks of ReM to 3149 haste rating. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not completely sure but I usually calculate them correctly, at least when I healed with my druid D:

Also, be aware that the breakpoints only change with respect to ReM, the breakpoints on Enveloping Mists will remain unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    If my calcs are correct, with the changes to ReM assuming 5% haste buff is present the 1st haste breakpoint for a 10th tick on ReM should require 225 haste rating and the 11th tick should be at 4723 haste rating.

With the changes to stance of the wise serpent, providing you with an extra 50% haste from gear, it should lower the haste breakpoint required on your gear for 11 ticks of ReM to 3149 haste rating. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not completely sure but I usually calculate them correctly, at least when I healed with my druid D:

Also, be aware that the breakpoints only change with respect to ReM, the breakpoints on Enveloping Mists will remain unchanged.
    It looks like Elitist Jerks has similar numbers(150 and 3148). And it looks like they're debating whether it's worth it to go for 3148.

150 is a very low number though so I'm sure most monks will be over than even with reforging everything out of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It looks like Elitist Jerks has similar numbers(150 and 3148). And it looks like they're debating whether it's worth it to go for 3148.

150 is a very low number though so I'm sure most monks will be over than even with reforging everything out of haste.
    its looking more and more worth it due to the simple fact that there is hardly any way to get such a low amount of haste on gear as 150, even with reforging out of it everywhere... and the fact that it increases RM by 10% (from 10 ticks to 11), its definitely going to be worth it for me... mainly cause im raiding 10m where RM is up on 8-10 all the time... remember that they nerfed chi burst to be inlinewith the lesser number of uplift targets too...

btw, any chances we'll see this guide get a long overdue update with 5.1 this week?

Except you won't have ReM on 8-10 targets at the same time anymore since it has one less jump.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Even now it only sometimes spreads 3 times. And you can still get it on 8-10 targets with clever usage of Foucs Tea. By the way, if I´m not misread, RM is now ticking every 2 seconds instead of every 3 but heals less per tick. Is the overall healing PER target lower or higher than before (assuming you have no additional haste for extra ticks or at least the same amount of haste)?

Quote Originally Posted by Akato View Post
    Even now it only sometimes spreads 3 times. And you can still get it on 8-10 targets with clever usage of Foucs Tea. By the way, if I´m not misread, RM is now ticking every 2 seconds instead of every 3 but heals less per tick. Is the overall healing PER target lower or higher than before (assuming you have no additional haste for extra ticks or at least the same amount of haste)?
    Renewing Mist pre 5.1 - (3235 + 16.0% of SP) health every 3 sec for 18 sec, travels up to 3 times
    Renewing Mist post 5.1 - (2266 + 10.7% of SP) health every 2 sec for 18 sec, travels up to 2 times

Basically, what this means is that the constant of ReM has been nerfed by approximately 30%, and the contribution of your SP towards the healing value of ReM has been lowered by 5.3%. So it should heal something like 33% less per tick but it depends on your SP of course.

However, it had 6 base ticks whereas now it will have 9 base ticks so if you can spot the pattern the new ReM will be a stronger HoT than pre 5.1. Not to mention how much more accessible the new haste breakpoints are and the fact that ReM should do less overhealing because it will be ticking at a faster rate so the heals will more often be considered effective.

Deleted
    Renewing Mist pre 5.1 - (3235 + 16.0% of SP) health every 3 sec for 18 sec, travels up to 3 times
    Renewing Mist post 5.1 - (2266 + 10.7% of SP) health every 2 sec for 18 sec, travels up to 2 times

Basically, what this means is that the constant of ReM has been nerfed by approximately 30%, and the contribution of your SP towards the healing value of ReM has been lowered by 5.3%. So it should heal something like 33% less per tick but it depends on your SP of course.

However, it had 6 base ticks whereas now it will have 9 base ticks so if you can spot the pattern the new ReM will be a stronger HoT than pre 5.1. Not to mention how much more accessible the new haste breakpoints are and the fact that ReM should do less overhealing because it will be ticking at a faster rate so the heals will more often be considered effective.
    WAT This isn't mentioned in the patch notes!. Moar nerf yeah, let's turn monk into shit again like beta.

Excepted gaining a single tick post 5.1 is significantly weaker than gaining a single tick pre 5.1. For anyone who doesn't push +2 ticks haste, their post 5.1 ReM will hot will be weaker(per target) than pre 5.1.

As to add with the discussion, I'm affraid I'll push to keep haste right above the +2ticks mark for the sole purpose of having near-full duration ReMs such that I can catch somewhat consistent 7-targets Uplifts on the various AoE heavy encounters. In 10man (2healing), the changes are going to hurt us a lot as clearly, the MW mechanics allowed to bypass some of the mechanics let alone the natural synergy with hpal that was very strong to split tank healing from aoe healing. Can't wait to wipe on Garalon because I no longer can mash 3 buttons for 95-105k hps.

They honestly should just remove the 50% stance buff to haste and make haste reduce ReM CD to give us back our main 10m "utility" again.
    Last edited by Deau; 2012-11-27 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    Excepted gaining a single tick post 5.1 is significantly weaker than gaining a single tick pre 5.1. For anyone who doesn't push +2 ticks haste, their post 5.1 ReM will hot will be weaker(per target) than pre 5.1.

As to add with the discussion, I'm affraid I'll push to keep haste right above the +2ticks mark for the sole purpose of having near-full duration ReMs such that I can catch somewhat consistent 7-targets Uplifts on the various AoE heavy encounters. In 10man (2healing), the changes are going to hurt us a lot as clearly, the MW mechanics allowed to bypass some of the mechanics let alone the natural synergy with hpal that was very strong to split tank healing from aoe healing. Can't wait to wipe on Garalon because I no longer can mash 3 buttons for 95-105k hps.

They honestly should just remove the 50% stance buff to haste and make haste reduce ReM CD to give us back our main 10m "utility" again.
    I agree with this. It can be devastating not to have all targets affected by ReM, fairly easy to control in its current state. I just hope the jumps will be a lot more responsive (read something about that a while ago).

Will have to wait and see once it's live though.

Or they could just make it so ReM can't jump to people's pets FFS. It's so aggrivating when I cast ReM and two or three of my ReM's travel to a hunter pets, the DK's ghoul and some random warlock pet.

If they got rid of ReM healing pets, the 1 less jump nerf, in reality, wouldn't be that much of a nerf, considering most pets don't need to be healed or are usually self-healed by the owner. The ONLY situation I can see a pet being healed as usful would be a warlock using spirit link on their pet.