View Poll Results: Eliminate CRZ From PvE Realms?

Voters
317. This poll is closed
  • Yes

134 42.27%
  • No

183 57.73%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    I keep reading people's responses that don't seem to have understood (which is retarded) that the OP is only talking about PvE servers, so saying you love how there's now world pvp again doesn't apply to the realms in question. L2read.
    I know, right? I remember one thread where a bunch of PVPers were saying the game was only about PVP since it's Warcraft RTS roots. When we countered saying "Why do they call PVE realms "Normal Realms" then?" They didn't believe us - and we had to show them screenshots of the realms being listed as "PVP Realm" and "Normal Realm". That thread went silent VERY fast...

On the flip-side, speaking as a strictly PVE guy, I really hate it when people from a PVP server actually do complain about getting constantly camped. In my opinion, those particular doinks who complain about rolling on a PVP server totally cheapen the real problems that CRZ creates for us on Normal Servers... and I notice the Blue posts tend to just focus on those doinks and not the real problems caused by it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Dead zones are now alive. Its that simple. Not sure if your trolling me or serious?
    That's subjective... and you damn well know it is.

To me, zones are more dead with CRZ... all I see now are zones filled with brainless players rushing about like city rioters and dead NPCs.

The one thing I've never heard anybody say is "You know what I love about Black Friday sales? The THOUSANDS of people out in the malls! The whole world seems so alive and wonderful when I'm standing in queues for a new toy, or trying to find a parking space in a forrest full of SUVs, or smashing my way through a horde of greedy people tearing apart a shipping crate fresh out of the stockroom!"

Deleted
    actually CRZ on pvp realms has even more reasons to be removed than pve. CRZ has nothing to do with open world pvp. It's the exact opposite. Except there is more ganking going on in lowbie zones which I guess emulates some of the old PvP server feeling.

which has been lost completely though because flying mounts have already destroyed anything and everything world pvp was about and turned it into a complete farce . Fighting players who are not even on your server makes things even less meaningful because PvP servers have always been about faction pride and building rivalries which is not going to happen with total strangers you most likely never see again.

Let's just agree that CRZ fails on any and all levels.
    Except the ones that Blizzard profits from (I know they insist it's not for financial reasons. Whatever isn't with them though? I am not a believer, sorry dear blue posters)
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-27 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    CRZ have no place on PvE realms anyway. When it comes to questing / farming this is only a nuisance as you will have much greater competition for the items / mobs you need, therefore reducing your effectiveness, whether you like it or not. Not to mention all the botters that you can't do anything about cos they're not tagged for PvP combat and blizzard does ban them, but only after like twenty reports over several weeks.

Seriously, what is the benefit of having CRZ on PVE realm? Do a group quest on dead server? Lol, they're non existent in new content and you can easily solo old content ones due to much greater char power at "new" low levels than "old" low levels. While there's loads of drawbacks.

Tech itself is nice, being able to phase zones on demand too (friend on other realm) but number of drawbacks far outclass the number of benefits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

To me, zones are more dead with CRZ... all I see now are zones filled with brainless players rushing about like city rioters and dead NPCs.

The one thing I've never heard anybody say is "You know what I love about Black Friday sales? The THOUSANDS of people out in the malls! The whole world seems so alive and wonderful when I'm standing in queues for a new toy, or trying to find a parking space in a forrest full of SUVs, or smashing my way through a horde of greedy people tearing apart a shipping crate fresh out of the stockroom!"
    Well a zone full of people _from your server_ is a great thing. I mean this is a game, not the mall. Most people in the mall queues are even less willing to group up for taking on the till girl than the average wow player is unfortunately :-( not necessarily less unfriendly and stressed as the wow players either...

Back in the days of no flying mounts that is how you could meet people, gang up on an elite ?? spawn together to see what he was all about (just to get your asses kicked repeatedly), decide to stick together for a while and try your luck on a few unlucky alliance instead, become friends while dancing on their corpses.

Now they are just infested by total strangers I will never see again, ever care about or ever wanted to have besmirch my servers leveling zones.
    I can come back whenever I want to gank them though and not have to fear retaliation from their guild or landing on any KoS lists since they will never see me again. Ahhhh the marvel of technological progress....
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-27 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    ITS AN MMO WHICH MEANS MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER SO GET OVER IT THIS IS HOW IT WAS SPOSED TO BE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I do hope you lot get over this because if any of you buy Elder Scrolls Online then that is full of CRZ stuff!
    1. Blizzard sold me X, 8 years ago or whatever. Over that time X became Y. Now they've turned on CRZ and Y is Z. It's not X, it's freaking Z. I DON'T LIKE Z AND YOU CAN'T F'N MAKE ME.

2. I won't be playing that, so no big deal.

CRZ should either go away everywhere, or should be permanent - leave our "- server names" in place but cause the same people to share the same zones at all times, including sharing the auction house, BGs, etc. (Basically a full server merge with name collisions being resolved by leaving the '-server name' in place.) This half-ass "Here's 15 guys to gank you and 5 guys you'll never see again that are akin to the people you meet in LFR and oh yeah sorry your AH and server economy still stinks." BS is just that... BS.

It's simple, go play a single player game or quit. There's a lovely little box you can fill out why you want to cancel your account. Blizzard will never make CRZ PvP only so there is very little reason complaining about it here.

It's like complaining about how Summer is hot...no amount of topics on MMO-Champ is going to change that fact.

yup....."GTF off my realm!" is what i yell when i see outsiders.....stay out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    It's simple, go play a single player game or quit.
    This is a reply I have seen a lot recently and I cant help but think the only people making such a statement must be those whose social interaction in this game aside from /g is restricted to what they experience with the nameless, faceless, npc-ish random people encountered from other servers in LFD,LFR and now CRZ.
    Or for other reasons I just might be unable to comprehend...

People who like community, who like playing with and meeting new people that actually mean something to you because if not for anything else - you share the same playground and at least stand united in the last remains of something that might resemble faction pride... those people get absolutely nothing out of the player-npcs in CRZ's.

complaining does help though. Blizzard has a history of giving in.
    Last edited by mmoc10839b38d9; 2012-11-27 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xolotl View Post
    This is an argument only people can make whose social interaction in this game is restricted to what they experience with the nameless, faceless, npc-ish random people encountered from other servers in LFD,LFR and now CRZ or for other reasons I just might be unable to comprehend...

People who like community, who like playing with and meeting new people that actually mean something to you because if not for anything else - you share the same playground and at least stand united in the last remains of something that might resemble faction pride... those people get absolutely nothing out of the player-npcs in CRZ's.

Keep in mind summer in the northern hemisphere means winter in the southern hemisphere. So while you're sweating someone at the other end of the world might be having a hot soup at the fireplace for perfectly acceptable reasons ;-)
    It's called Real ID. If you find someone you enjoy playing with you can add them to your Real ID and play / talk with them whenever you please. It seems Blizzards direction is merging servers without...merging them...if that makes sense.

I can only speak from personal experience but more times then not if you're questing in a zone and you see someone else doing the same quests they are more than happy to join up with you and complete it all the more faster while having decent conversation as opposed to ghost zones where you /who and find you're the only one there.

I honestly think people strongly opposed to CRZ want to play WoW single player which is the complete opposite of Blizzards direction and therefore maybe think about playing something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    No CRZ should stay, they only have to make two changes to CRZ:

- Make nodes/resources become server only meaning while the resources spawn at the same spot they are obtainable by 1 person per server like the old model.
    - Make rares/quest "silver/gold" mobs realm only like the old model.

With those small changes CRZ would be already great. And for the PVP crying, dont hit somebody if you do not wish to pvp its not that difficult.

Besides this its an MMO there should be tons of people in every zone. DOnt like that do not play an MMO or a different one. To the people saying thats silly because of realm community is important. Realm community has not been important since LFD now with battle tags/real ID/ LFR etc. it has no place anymore.
    A community in wow is now the guild / friends list and not the whole realm anymore. Which in my opinion is not even a bad thing with the prospect of every future MMO being 1 server per continent (later for the whole world). Then the idea of a realm wide community becomes silly.
    Last edited by schippie; 2012-11-27 at 02:16 AM.

Deleted
    Sure RealID is a good thing but it's so far from having someone actually available to really plan activities with outside of 5man dungeons or playing alts...

There are more than enough people on my server I can play with. It might be true for less populated servers but at least they could have made exceptions on population then and not throw the fullest servers into the CRZ as well.

I am probably as strongly opposed to CRZ as one can be and it has nothing to do with wanting to play singleplayer games -which I enjoy a lot. I am also a strong opponent of "social network integration" in games, or forcing multiplayer into singleplayer games that might at worst even affect the single player mode(like ME3). That's what I have my multiplayer games for... So yes, for me this is definitely a broader and hot topic in gaming right now way beyond CRZ.
    But I do hate CRZ :-D

Deleted
    It's simple, go play a single player game or quit.
    This "Don't like it, go away" shit presented by Einsteins like you makes forums and basically any form of discussion pointless. Well done.

When it takes an hour to get 5 points in mining through outlands with a 310 mount its broken. Yes.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Besides this its an MMO there should be tons of people in every zone. DOnt like that do not play an MMO or a different one. To the people saying thats silly because of realm community is important. Realm community has not been important since LFD now with battle tags/real ID/ LFR etc. it has no place anymore.
    A community in wow is now the guild / friends list and not the whole realm anymore. Which in my opinion is not even a bad thing with the prospect of every future MMO being 1 server per continent (later for the whole world). Then the idea of a realm wide community becomes silly.
    the idea of community is not silly at all. The silly people are what destroyed the community. And I guess Blizzard has to cater to them now /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    This "Don't like it, go away" shit presented by Einsteins like you makes forums and basically any form of discussion pointless. Well done.
    Einsteins like me? What about people like you who knows CRZ is here to stay but make topics asking people if it shouldn't be on PvE realms. Without a doubt, 100%, this is not going to happen or help the problems with CRZ.

How about "Einsteins" like yourself instead make a productive topic on ways to change it to fix some of the flaws. I believe a Blizzard CM made a post on what was considered productive feedback that they watch and even implement on occasion. This sort of topic is a complete waste of time and will end up nowhere.

Edit: Not that you made the post but I just don't see why people still make threads about not liking a new feature and want it gone. I don't think Blizzard has ever taken back a major feature but they certainly adjust it based on quality, constructive ideas from the community. This thread should be locked.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 11:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    When it takes an hour to get 5 points in mining through outlands with a 310 mount its broken. Yes.
    Yeh I've noticed this when I started a gatherer alt. If they could phase nodes to be server only it'd solve this.
    Last edited by Schmittay; 2012-11-27 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Clarity

10+ Year Old Account
    Terrible mechanic, nodes aren't shared between players like in GW2 so I can't believe the Blizzard fucktard idiots didn't see this coming, the truth is they probably did know but just don't give a shit. We all know Blizz would never take it out, as they never admit a mistake, so we'll all just have to suffer through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I can understand why people would want it for PvP servers, they get the world PvP that they think they didn't used to have. But people on PvE realms seem less than enamored by it and tend to be finding it quite a nuisance as per what I've been reading on the official forums.

Of course it's got a lot of problems that need to be ironed out, but should that be done only in the context of PvP servers and just put PvE servers back to normal?
    So how it works right now? PVE realms are zoned for pvp everywhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    When Blizzard implement something that big they wont change it, all crz has done has put all the bots together
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    My only complaint with CRZ are the zoning issues I have experienced since it was implemented. There have been several times I have landed from a flight path and every NPC, mob, etc. are missing. The entire zone is empty, and I either get dc'd or the 'Instance Not Found' error. I either have to restart the game, and log back in, or wait 20 minutes for everything to zone in with me.

I don't mind the competition for ore, herbs, etc. I haven't experienced any problems with that at all. When I was camping for battle pets it kind of sucked, but really it added competition to the game that WoW devs always intended.

Deleted
    I don't think Blizzard has ever taken back a major feature but they certainly adjust it based on quality, constructive ideas from the community. This thread should be locked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Terrible mechanic, nodes aren't shared between players like in GW2 so I can't believe the Blizzard fucktard idiots didn't see this coming, the truth is they probably did know but just don't give a shit. We all know Blizz would never take it out, as they never admit a mistake, so we'll all just have to suffer through it.
    Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    When Blizzard implement something that big they wont change it, all crz has done has put all the bots together
    Warcraft Adventures. Starcraft Ghost. Warhound in SC2. Streets "Dungeons are hard".

Blizzard goes back on its decisions all the time. And it doesn't really matter how much money they sunk in it. They have their own quality standards; less than 10 years ago. And they have customers voting with their wallets; more than 10 years ago.

If CRZ will drive more money away than it brings in, it will be canned. The feature has people up in arms. It will either be massively revamped or more likely dropped. Quote me on it.