Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Even though it has already been done I would want to do pillars of the earth and world without end justice.

There are a couple:
    The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant
    Dragonlace (the original Weiss/Hickman trilogy and/or something based on the Caramon & Raistlin trilogy)

I would love to see Neuromancer as a film, we had The Matrix. Now lets see the Godfather of cyberpunk take its rightful place.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I would love to see Neuromancer as a film, we had The Matrix. Now lets see the Godfather of cyberpunk take its rightful place.
    This would be my second pick. My first would be Tad Williams' Otherland series. With it's blend of cyberpunk and fantasy I think it would make an amazing TV series. It was picked up back in January to be made into a film, but I really do not see that working. City of Golden Shadow is just so much set up with so many characters and plot lines, that it would make a mess of a movie without serious cuts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have a Romance of the Three Kingdoms movie. There was a couple that came out like Red Cliff but I want like a trilogy covering all the famous battles, cities and characters.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

For me it would be the complete Drizzt saga all the way up to the new books and onward. Would love the Elminster saga or Dragonlance as well.

I'd love to see some of Lackey's books done - though with her prevelance of gay characters, I don't see any network/movie studio having the cajones to do it.

Would also like to see Kurtz's Dernyi make an appearance.

A Dune that doesnt suck.

Babylon 5 (assuming we mean big screen movie and not a TV movie)

Sons of Anarchy

Kahless (Star Trek novel about the founder of the Klingon Empire)

Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine and the Night World by L.J. Smith would make awesome movies or television shows.

Deleted
    Raymond E. Fiests' Riftwar Saga. Especially Magician and Darkness over Sethanon, not so much Silverthorn.

After that his Empire Trilogy would be a must.

Chuck the movie, just fix that horrible ending.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

A proper Inheritance Cycle movie series. A Eragon movie that is close to the book would be amazing.

Hope Hollywood will make a remake of this French movie one day - "The Professional" (1981). The idea and plot is cooler than in the Bourne Trilogy.

I agree with Tad Williams' Otherland. It's so long and involved character-wise though that it would take many movies to tell the story. It might work as a series but to do it right would be very expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Carnivale. As with Firefly, moreso for the closure. Tie up loose ends and whatnot.

Conversely, I'm dying for them to spin Inception into a tv series. It kind of boggles my mind that it's not happening considering how fertile its concepts are (dreamscape, dream invasion, thought/memory tampering). Hopefully someone's mulling over how to make it work.
    Last edited by Bavol; 2012-11-26 at 08:14 PM.

Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen series would make numerous amazing movies.

As noted earlier, a much better Dresden Files series (the only good thing from the TV series was how they did Bob) would be amazing to me personally.

I would also enjoy seeing a Series of Movies based on Iain M Banks' Culture Novels. A Player of Games would make an amazing movie, although I'm not sure how the other books would work with the ship communications.

@ The person who said Steven Burst' Vlad Taltos novels, those seem to me like a TV Series more than a movie, but I agree the psychological communication would be hard to put in.

The Nights Dawn Trilogy by Peter Hamilton would be a great evolution of the zombie/frightening genre.

Gentlemen Bastards by Scott Lynch would make great 'Heist' movies in the vein of Oceans 11.

Edit - Another would be the Takeshi Kovacs novels in the vein of a Bladerunner. Since you change bodies and whatnot, I feel it could be almost like a sci-fi Bond movie series.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    A Dune that doesnt suck.
    Did you see the new(er) Sci-Fi Miniseries? It was actually pretty decent.
    Last edited by obdigore; 2012-11-27 at 04:32 AM.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am legend. As a fan of the book, I despise the film. A proper remake would be fantastic.

The Dark Tower. Sadly a few changes would need to be made before this would become a financially viable series and personally I'd removed a few of the elements I didn't enjoy. King created a fantastic world with great characters, one that would be interesting as a film series.

Fallout. Another world I'd love to see as a film!

10+ Year Old Account
    The wheel of time. Just break it into . . . at least two dozen movies lol. Each book is long enough to be more than one movie.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    The wheel of time. Just break it into . . . at least two dozen movies lol. Each book is long enough to be more than one movie.
    Do you really think anyone wants to sit through all that *sniff* *tugs braid* *smooths skirts* in the middle of the series?