Page 10 of 169 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Day to Remember View Post
    Im sorry was there a time limit on the constitution? Last i checked it hasent been amended, and it wont be.
    Yeah! There are still unarmed teens to execute!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    People here in their cushy chairs. Very few have any real education, on what adrenaline does to someone. In that moment, especially certain cases, you might not be thinking clearly. This is a case. Sometimes, that Ape comes out in us. The primal need to finish what has been started. It might be sickening to some, with cushy lives and never been in real danger. Yet, people that have seen some shit. React differently.

Face it people. If this man goes to prison, for a crime of passion. Then Fuck the US of A.
    Well, the execution style shot doesn't do much for a crime of passion argument, nor his behavior afterwards.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaNoob2 View Post
    Actually violent crime is pretty bad in Europe in modern days. I think you are thinking of 30 years ago. Here is a writeup of it, but to summarize: as much as I hate the industrial prison system in the US it does seem to be segregating violent criminals from society.

http://www2.dse.unibo.it/zanella/papers/crime-EP.pdf
    i've never said anything about US having more violent crimes than EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sorry but "Right to bare arms" is for civil war period and is far far out of date. It's not something that is needed in the 21st century.
    An American's right to bear arms was guaranteed by our second amendment because the founding fathers of the United States felt that the people of our country should have the freedom and the power to make the country however they saw fit. The civil war in the US wasn't about gun rights it was about taxes and money (oh and some would argue slavery). I disagree with your assessment that firearm ownership is not needed in this century.

I'm not sure if English is your first language but to "bear"is to carry, to "bare" is to show nude.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    Yeah! There are still unarmed teens to execute!
    Absolutely!

He should have been spending more time at the shooting range then he wouldnt be in the situation.

Face it people. If this man goes to prison, for a crime of passion. Then Fuck the US of A.
    If by passion you mean murder in cold blood, sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I condone this man's actions, though, brutal and unnecessary.

If you come into my house with the intent to break in, possibly harm my family, I will kill you. I don't care about the ramifications
    He dragged a girl he had shot multiple times across the floor, put her down, shoved his gun under her chin, and shit her. If it was a crime of passion, he would have killed her on the spot.

rule number 1 for any outlaw ... IF YOUR GOING TO DO IT ... DONT GET CAUGHT !

they where obviously too noob at robbing but thats the price u pay for doing illegal stuff in someone else house WHEN U KNOW the law allows them to shoot you on there property ...

personally i say good riddance ... if your stupid enough to wanna rob people in a country that legalizes the use of firearms at home for self defense then the world is better off without these 2 morons ...

now what he did to there bodies i disagree with but thats his own issue
    Last edited by Divineknight13; 2012-11-27 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiziana View Post
    i've never said anything about US having more violent crimes than EU.
    All right my mistake. I saw you were from EU and made a comment about that stuff all happening on the other side of the world and I assumed to ascribed to that common misconception.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    He should have been spending more time at the shooting range then he wouldnt be in the situation.
    He's in thie situation because he decided he wanted to kill two teenagers who posed no threats. Shooting range doesn't help, he should have spent some times with a psychiatrist.

10+ Year Old Account

If you come into my house with the intent to break in, possibly harm my family, I will kill you. I don't care about the ramifications.

People here in their cushy chairs. Very few have any real education, on what adrenaline does to someone. In that moment, especially certain cases, you might not be thinking clearly. This is a case. Sometimes, that Ape comes out in us. The primal need to finish what has been started. It might be sickening to some, with cushy lives and never been in real danger. Yet, people that have seen some shit. React differently.

Not reporting the incident afterwards and the bodies being found in a police search makes this less a rush of adrenaline and more borderlining "using self defence as an excuse."

If you've disabled someone and they're down on the floor, the exhale of adrenaline knowing you're safe floods out of you. This coming from someone who's had to use a cricket bat before now, I didn't feel the need to beat their head to a pulp afterwards. Reasonable force is taking the shot/swing, once they're disabled anything else stops being defence.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see a problem with this law in general, people should have the right to use deadly force to defend their property and them selves in my opinion.
    I definitely see a problem with what he did though, it wasn't defence of anything it was just murder. He should defintley not have the right to deliver a "finishing shot" as he put it. He shot both of them before he had killed them, that should have been enough to then call the police and an ambulance. I'm not sure of the exact law but I think it should also be illegal to not call an ambulance after legally shooting someone.

As a side note, what kind of person laughs at a gun jamming after they have already been shot and their cousin is lying dead near them. This seems like either made up bull shit or this man isn't all there and mistook some form of pain grimace for laughter.

An American's right to bear arms was guaranteed by our second amendment because the founding fathers of the United States felt that the people of our country should have the freedom and the power to make the country however they saw fit. The civil war in the US wasn't about gun rights it was about taxes and money (oh and some would argue slavery). I disagree with your assessment that firearm ownership is not needed in this century.

I'm not sure if English is your first language but to "bear"is to carry, to "bare" is to show nude.
    Actually, the second amendment was about organized militias in a time when the founding fathers didn't want a standing army as they believed it would give too much power to the government. Even Captain Right Wing Supreme Court Justice Himself has admitted that if the founding fathers wanted everyone to be able to have whatever kind of weapon they wanted they could have been clearer.

First, Daily Mail is just awful. While it doesn't change the story sure, whats up with the LOOK AT THESE NICE PICTURES OF THE PERFECT STUDENTS, HOW COULD THEY GET SHOT LIKE THAT? While showing a blurred photo of the old man like he's some serial rapist/killer.

Second, it's the right charge, but I doubt he will get charged with 2nd degree. Most likely manslaughter.

Third, "star student"? Who the fuck laughs at a man with a gun. I mean shit, talk about stupidity. You had that one commin' to ya bud.

''If you're trying to shoot somebody and they laugh at you, you go again,'' Absolutely hilarious. While sad, that quote is gold.

Oh, and the old guy seems like a nice guy. He was reasonable on what happened, and told the complete truth that he probably shouldnt have shot the girl dead. Guess he was just fed up...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    All right my mistake. I saw you were from EU and made a comment about that stuff all happening on the other side of the world and I assumed to ascribed to that common misconception.
    no problems

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    A conviction according to the presented evidence is exactly what a jury does. Do you think a court magically knows everything about the case? That it magically appears before them? No, it is given to them in as full a manner as possible, which even to its highest extent is not the entirety of the truth. If anything, what we are doing is exactly like what happens in a court, because overall it is very rare that the entire truth comes out. Also, vigilante justice is justice outside of the law. If I say I would want to see him convicted by the legal system for his crimes, that is very specifically not vigilante justice. Learn your definitions.

The only difference between what we're doing here and what the jury will be doing will be the presented evidence. If the evidence from the case is different from that of the article, than the verdict will be different from ours. If that is the case, than while I do hope they made a call based on truth and facts, it will have been the decision made by the legal system and therefore the lasting decision on the matter.
    precisely, presented evidence. which would include a copy of the police report which may or may not have the same statements written in the article. this is my entire point, youve already passed judgement on this man without seeing anything other than one simple article.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Execution shots and 'hiding' were unnecessary. Should've shot them, made sure they were down, then immediately called the police. Don't most people have cellphones now a days?

As for shooting intruders who may or may not be unarmed, I agree completely with that. If someone broke into my home, they could be there to kill me. I have no idea to know whether or not they're armed, so I'm going to assume they are rather than shout, "I HAVE A GUN! DROP YOUR WEAPONS!" and let them spin around and shoot me first.

If you come into my house with the intent to break in, possibly harm my family, I will kill you. I don't care about the ramifications.

Enough of the "hardened by circumstances/I've seen it all" bs. Plenty of people are put into situations where their adrenaline is pumping. It doesn't change them all into murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Oh, and the old guy seems like a nice guy. He was reasonable on what happened, and told the complete truth that he probably shouldnt have shot the girl dead. Guess he was just fed up...
    I kind of wondered if he weren't mentally ill. He really didn't seem to grasp that badness of what he had done.