5.1, Witch items to uppgrade first.

So obviously we dont want to waste our VP on items that we won't be using for very long.
    I'm managed to capp VP(3k) late last night.
    What i'm currently thinking is uppgrading Light of cosmos first, then wait for the next BIS item to come my way. Or should i uppgrade the mace aswell, or perhaps Relic of yu'lon. I Should have planned this out in advance, but thought id have a few weeks left before the patch, so any thoughts would be appreciated.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hpriest/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    I say upgrade the items that are stats-wise the best for you, as far as I can see that would be haste and crit? The haste point you wanna reach is 8085 as far as I can tell by the guides I've been reading.. and your ilvl is crazy btw :-D
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2012-11-27 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapM View Post
    I say upgrade the items that are stats-wise the best for you, as far as I can see that would be haste and crit? The haste point you wanna reach is 8085 as far as I can tell by the guides I've been reading..
    I'm a Goblin, we get 1% haste from racials. so i'm spot on my haste capp as it is. I'm simply thinking about the new uppgrades and not to spend VP in vain..

Deleted
    I would upgrade your flying broom first. Though your shoulders could be upgraded too, I guess. Or maybe the good old hat would be the first piece to upgrade. It's gonna be a hard time for witches, when patch 5.1 launches!

I'm going for trinkets. While there may be new trinkets coming out, the plus int, passive spirit proc trinkets are the ones I cherish and will seek to keep.

If the previous expansion is any indication, healer trinkets will grow substantially worse with each new content patch, making the lifetime of the ones we have now pretty long. I kept my Cata darkmoon card throughout the entire previous expansion. Given how expensive it will be to upgrade all item slots, I don't think we'll see anyone maxed out anytime soon, so upgrading the items we will keep around for a while seems like a solid option.

That said... it's a lot better to upgrade a good weapon than it is to upgrade a good ring, gainwise.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Goblin, we get 1% haste from racials. so i'm spot on my haste capp as it is. I'm simply thinking about the new uppgrades and not to spend VP in vain..

I see, well your gear and stats are so much better than mine so I really couldn't give any advice lol :-S If you're on the cap for haste, go for more crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Upgrade BiS only.
    Yeah, think i'll go for that.
    That means Light of cosmos for the time being, considdering thats the only true Bis item i currently got. Perhapps Relic of Yu'lon aswell tho, since it's only marginally worse than the 509 int trinket from Sha of Fear, and I do believe it will still take some time for my guild to get that one down.

trinkets, legs, helm and chest.

Everything else gives too little stats

It takes 25 weeks using Mh/oh combo to fully upgrade to bis. I'm upgrading my heroic light of cosmos than waiting for mace from empress. Hopefully we get one this week

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Deleted
    Are the proc stats upgrade as well or only the static stats..
    i assume the last bit but have to wiat till tomorrow.

I would upgrade trinkets first and weapons more gaines from it.

Weapon got that static spell power which gets an upgrade and i think u prolly hold on to that one long enough to warrant an upgrade.
    Darkmoon trinket would be the second upgrade if i had ur gear.

Its what im going to do and sadly enough i only got a LFR weapon.

My pattern will be upgrading Tier gear first to max as I don't have my sha weapon yet.
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Stats wise, your chest, legs, and perhaps shoulders (I don't think so but seemed right) have the highest stat budget. Meaning that the amount of stats on them also grows more then on any other piece as item level of the piece increases.

This means that stat wise it is most valuable to update your chest, pants, and I would personally go with a trinket, and then maybe your shoulders. The problem with this is that if there are non tier items that are better then your chest and pants it ends up a little bit of a waste.

However, this of it this way. 5.1 is out. It took two months. If we give the next major patch as long to come out, which I think it will be at least that long, that's 8 more weeks of caping valor, with 1 piece every week, and then a fourth on the third week that's ten items that can be upgraded before next patch. If you leave things like gloves, and perhaps necklaces and rings til the end, they are usually the types of things on the first boss or two, and also have the lowest itemization. And chances are in the end it will take longer to release the next tier, and you will get them all done. I didn't look at your gear, but from the sound of it, it's not like you have anything else to do with the valor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerrHans View Post
    Are the proc stats upgrade as well or only the static stats..
    i assume the last bit but have to wiat till tomorrow.

I would upgrade trinkets first and weapons more gaines from it.

Weapon got that static spell power which gets an upgrade and i think u prolly hold on to that one long enough to warrant an upgrade.
    Darkmoon trinket would be the second upgrade if i had ur gear.

Its what im going to do and sadly enough i only got a LFR weapon.
    Everything upgrades
    Sig by Safhira

Tanks for confirming Soul.
    And btw, since it's 750 per uppgrade, and 2 uppgrades per item, it's 2 items per 3 weeks max Damerflimm.. so we better not waste our VP on items that will be replaced in atleast 3-4 weeks

Deleted
    Relic of Yu'lon imo will be one of the most interesting trinket to upgrade