Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've found the quest person right outside the crafting area in a group of about 4 NPCs. I can't recall exactly what level I started getting the quests, but 340 seems to ring a bell - give or take a few.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    Has thetr been any talk of this game losing its subscription? I actually thought it was free till I started doing some reading today

Question... How easy is it to really decide between Souls these days? I played beta an somehow ended up as a sword and board warrior who ran around throwing fireballs... Stacking burn debuffs and then detonating them... Not quite the warrior I was expecting.

I also want a class thst can tank and heal. I believe this restricts me to the Cleric correct?
    Why would they go F2P if they're making profit on the P2P model?

You can mix and match any souls you want really, there are templates in place to give you a rough idea but I don't think they're ideal by any means.

You were also probably playing a Tempest if it was SL beta, if it was the original beta, then I've no idea.

Rogue can support heal and tank but Cleric is probably your best bet if you want a proper healer aswell.

Does defiler have any ghastly animastion besides fowl growth, beacon, and the 61 point ability?

Would be disappointing if links and junk did not. Especially when the whole page on defiler on the main site describes how gruesome defilers are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    Yes there are, but you need a certain crafting level to see the quests. I am not sure what that level is though.
    Daily crafting quests are available at 325, 350, and 375.

I've been looking to try Rift out, what would be the closest thing to a Shadow Priest in Rift?
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I've been looking to try Rift out, what would be the closest thing to a Shadow Priest in Rift?
    Clerics have inquisitor which is a holy/shadow damage spec with a couple of dots. Warlock from mage is also close to shadow priests but focus more on dots.

But if you are looking for some offhealing inquisitor + healing soul will do it.

Deleted
    Quick question about instant adventures, often i'll queue for it, it'll pop and i'll be placed in the raid but i wont be given the option to teleport to the action. I can't find anywhere in the UI to do it, is there something i'm doing wrong that causes this to sometimes not pop up?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkie View Post
    Quick question about instant adventures, often i'll queue for it, it'll pop and i'll be placed in the raid but i wont be given the option to teleport to the action. I can't find anywhere in the UI to do it, is there something i'm doing wrong that causes this to sometimes not pop up?
    This shouldn't happen at all, ever, unless the action is right next to you, i.e, you queue in Sanctum and something is going on in Silverwood two feet away. otherwise, it should always teleport you. if it isn't then it may be a bug and I'd report it in game

EDIT: there is a solution in game, use the IA key (default is the (.) key), and it should give you the option to teleport instead of "join" if you are in the raid group. if you are too close to the action, the option will be "leave".
    Last edited by Antipathy; 2012-11-26 at 07:32 AM.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Like Antipathy said, you should never not be ported unless it's based on proximity. Occasionally, at least in Mathosia, new objectives will take place (what feels like) halfway across the map, and no one was offered a port to the next questing area, be they new or already adventuring.

If you queue for Cape Jule and you're in Pelladane, you should immediately be offered a port.

10+ Year Old Account

This happens to me as well. What I've done is just left the group and rejoined. It ususally takes several times, but eventually the teleport will pop.Alternatively, there is an option to teleport in the instant adventure screen which can be pulled up on the activity tab or by hitting "K" (I think that uis the right key).

Deleted
    One more question, i'm at a lower level still but i'm noticing that my bard and cleric seem to be healing for substantially less than they did when i last played. What's changed with healing? I'm struggling to keep anyone up in warfronts

One more question, i'm at a lower level still but i'm noticing that my bard and cleric seem to be healing for substantially less than they did when i last played. What's changed with healing? I'm struggling to keep anyone up in warfronts
    Yeah, PvP healing has been changed, (the coefficient for healing is now based on the spell cast time, so instant casts almost heal for nothing in Wf's). I'm going to be trying this out to see whether I like it or not, but I think damage in PvP should be reduced by 20-30% (or healing increased by that much), and this would improve the situations based on what others are saying. I've only done one BG and my self heals were all insta cast and nearly healed for nothing.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Yeah, PvP healing has been changed, (the coefficient for healing is now based on the spell cast time, so instant casts almost heal for nothing in Wf's). I'm going to be trying this out to see whether I like it or not, but I think damage in PvP should be reduced by 20-30% (or healing increased by that much), and this would improve the situations based on what others are saying. I've only done one BG and my self heals were all insta cast and nearly healed for nothing.
    Having played mostly inq cleric and chloro mage (both only in the 50-54 bracket though) in warfronts after SL release, I feel that healing is in a pretty good place. I can keep people alive unless they are focused. I can't burst down a person that's being healed without blowing cooldowns. And now with healing debuffs being -10% instead of -50%, my performance when healing is a lot steadier than before. Self heals, though, have clearly suffered: it's no longer all that useful to make your tertiary soul a healing one for some nice survivability. But then again, I do think that 8 points in chloro used to be a tad too effective for say, pyromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mobile App has been updated. The scratch & win loot I've verified are Empyrean Planar Dust and Infinity Stones

I've not checked the artifacts or the crafting scratch & win. Get scratching!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Mobile App has been updated. The scratch & win loot I've verified are Empyrean Planar Dust and Infinity Stones

I've not checked the artifacts or the crafting scratch & win. Get scratching!
    I can confirm that SL artifacts are on the mobile app scratchcards, i have a fair few lvl 60 blue artifacts allready

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you have to have a smartphone to take advantage of the mobile app?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Do you have to have a smartphone to take advantage of the mobile app?
    Yes, its available on the play
    store and the android market, not sure about iphones :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Yes, its available on the play
    store and the android market, not sure about iphones :/
    Available for both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I should have specified, is it available through a web browser? I am one of those wacky people who don't have cell phones (actually I do have a work cell, but its an old-school basic cell).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    I guess I should have specified, is it available through a web browser? I am one of those wacky people who don't have cell phones (actually I do have a work cell, but its an old-school basic cell).
    Mobile app only. It offers guild/friends chat scratch and win cards and zone event alerts of the top of my head.

I guess there is no web based version due to the fact if you're using a browser you're most likely at your computer and could play in game?