Deleted

Hunter difficulty

I've revived my old level 63 hunter that has been abandoned for last 4-5 years, looked at all abilities and got completely lost. There seems to be cooldowns + more cooldowns + procs + more procs, they have to be synchronized while watching for focus and controlling pet. I remember it being way simpler than that several years ago.

After an hour I managed to do some resemblance of dps on target dummy (BM spec, 1.6k dps on level 60 dummy), but twisted my fingers spam clicking 6 buttons without even moving. That's only at level 63, where its supposed to be simple. Is it a complete nightmare to play hunter these days or am I overreacting?

you should go through this thread and you'll get your answer http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ate-of-Hunters

Wasn't there a video of 2 hunters doing high arena with like 1 bind or smth lol.

Quote Originally Posted by meheez View Post
    Wasn't there a video of 2 hunters doing high arena with like 1 bind or smth lol.
    cause everything in an internet PvP video is a good representation of what really happens...

In comparison to how hunters used to be, yes, it is a complete nightmare.

I've been playing hunter and only hunter for about 5 yrs and I think hunters are currently the easiest they have ever been. PvP PoV
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Deleted
    Thanks. A lot of different opinions

After a day of playing doing mostly instances from 63 to 69, I kinda got used to too many buttons. On trash packs I'm kinda in the middle, on boss fights when blowing all cooldowns I destroy pretty much everyone. But that's just leveling content. Also almost soloed mana tombs at 66 when tank and healer left instantly upon joining instance and 2 other dps followed them.

Looks like its difficult, but just enough to make it fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post

Looks like its difficult, and just enough to make it stupidly bloat.
    here, fixed it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I've been playing hunter and only hunter for about 5 yrs and I think hunters are currently the easiest they have ever been. PvP PoV
    If you found squeezing steady shots between auto shots difficult, then your opinion is invalid. I fell asleep playing hunter WotLK, that's how boring the class was.

Deleted
    Just start a new hunter, imo. I did this several times for various classes.

Deleted
    It isn't too hard, as long as you use the good rotation and key bindings.

Hunters are easy to play.

They're hard to play well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I wouldn't say they are hard to play we have a lot of abilities and PVP wise I think we are a little weak for example I have extreme difficulties killing most healers on my own the debuff to healing shot is useless.

difficulty comes when you want to micro manage your pet properly to maximize your dmg in certain fights..I'm not good at it so using assist stance almost all the time because I'm lazy to add more binds

Deleted
    Sorry about the necro here but WTF!?

ITS STUPIDLY EASY >_<

Beastmaster, thrill of the hunt, tab serpent sting, spam arcane shot BOOM, you're going to top dmg meters any day. This is all Im currently doing, using lvl 70 pvp gear Im doing roughly 40-50% of the group dps :S, also 1.6k at lvl 63 is quite abit.... ffs hitting 2k at 80 was considered good early days of WOTLK :P

NOTE: This is for low levels obviously, close you get to cap, the less true this is :P

Since they doubled serpent stings damage a quadriplegic can top meters with just serpent sting in pre 90 content.

You need something to display your focus bar in a good position on your screen for starters. I use http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/js-hunter-focus-bar

There are quite a lot of abilities but getting used to them just comes with practice... Same with all classes.