Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Patch 5.1 out. When can we expect the new Models?

So now 5.1 is life or is going life on wed for eu.
    When do you think we can expect something new about new race models? They said dwarf and human will be the first new models wich will be ready for MoP release.
    I think they will be pushing them all together. But i hope so bad they will push them ever in this xpac...

Deleted
    patch 7.3.0

along with the dance studio
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2012-11-27 at 02:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a NE Monk, and Human Warrior standing by for model updates. Until then, they're absolutely unbearable to look at.
    In response to your question: Probably in the next expansion.

I'd be surprised if they come while MoP is still running.

My guess, Pre Patch next Expansion.

Deleted
    it will be a selling point for next expansion I fear. Best case scenario we will get 1 race updated in 5.3 as a teaser.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider how long it took them to make 2 races.

Now, apply that to 8.

If you wanna adjust for Male/Female..

That's 16 from 4.

Calculations should be in the year range or more.

They have to rebuild the models from the ground up. It's not just a matter of re skinning. This does not take into account the design complications since they have to be careful about the changes they make. You could only imagine people demanding free race changes and crap when new models do come out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    it will be a selling point for next expansion.
    I believe this is the most likely outcome, it's too big of a job/change to not capitalize on it.

Deleted
    Whenever we get that Dance Studio...

I wouldn't expect them, ever. Are they likely coming? Sure, they've talked about it plenty. Will I like them, probably. Will affect in great detail how I play or what I play? Unlikely.

I'm just not really sure what all the concern is over new models. I spend so little time actually focused on the look of my character or others. Only on rare occasions does a character catch my eye and thats likely due to some transmog'd set of gear that likely took longer then I would want to spend to gather. I just don't see the huge itch to have new models, but meh, to each his own I suppose.

No matter what they end up delivering with a revamped model, some portion of the community will be all excited and love it, some portion will be all excited and hate it, some portion will not be excited at all, some portion will think they didn't go far enough while others will think they went to far and some portion will of course complain that time spent on new models could have spent on <insert whatever is the most important idea to them>.

Quote Originally Posted by slummish
    I don't get it. I've gone AFK a million times to blow my bf so he'd get off my back and let me raid. What's the problem here? People have sex...

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure it will come with dance studio and pvp balance, Soon [tm]

Deleted
    We have a lot of new textured NPC-s ingame. Tauren-like mobs in grizzly hills, Varian, Aggra, Thrall, Malfuroin, Illidan, Queen Azshara and some others i dont remember right now. We need some recoloring and minor modifications.
    Armor adjustement could be a bigger issue thou :S..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd also opt for the 6.0 pre patch.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm betting they're saving them for the next expansion, as their 'big feature' to entice players to buy it. Rather than adding a new race/class, they'll give us player model updates and maybe another profession.

I fear it'll be the selling point of the next expansion. But my question is... how is that possible. I doubt blizzard will in the end let people play their old model. It will be new model, or no model. Like how cataclysm changed the world, it's happening no matter what you do. So won't model updates be introduced through a patch... not an expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushgarroth View Post
    They said dwarf and human will be the first new models wich will be ready for MoP release.
    This again?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KJDi...ature=view_all
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are slowly in progress with revamping the races, but the reality is that at best we would get the Dwarves for Mists of Pandaria, and even that's on the bubble.
    This is them saying that dwarves MIGHT be done by the time MoP launches. This is not them saying they are done or that they will even be available at MoP launch. Just that they MIGHT be completed.

Deleted
    about when we can expect player housing, dance studio, emerald dream etc, all things that have been talked about in the past but got shoved by the wayside, Id much rather they worked on game changing content then prettier pixels anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I'm feeling a bit cynical today, but I'm opting on the side of next expansion. If that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

The new models are going to have to incorporate more than just the new sculpt and paint jobs we see on NPC models. Vol'jin's awesome, but i don't think he's got the framework to wear equipment of varying degrees. Pandas are wired for more gear types than the other races (rope belts for example). So a simple NPC>Player race conversion can't really work. Also Yaungol and Mogu are just resculpts of Draenei and Tauren, so making them playable wouldn't solve that problem either.

I'm betting new humans/orcs by the orgrimmar raid, they're going to be the focus of that patch so we'll spend more time staring at them than usual, i'd feel. I can understand the pressure behind taking their time though. If they mess this up it could be the first serious wound wow's seen, bigger than cataclysm content luls. I like how thrall/garrosh/vol'jin/anduin and to a lesser degree Varian look compared to current races, but we've got 2 very different orcs and two very different humans models in that sample. It's a pretty complicated problem, but I'm sure they'll give us a taste sooner than later.

edit: I also forgot to mention all the facial features and stuff they need to incorporate into each race. This... this sounds like a lot of work, lol.
    Last edited by Leare315; 2012-11-27 at 03:59 PM.

People who are thinking this is like the dance studio are dead wrong. The new models are more like Transmog.

Blizzard has said for years "it would be nice, but it's not something we're currently looking at doing." That position has now changed to talking about them, responding to questions about them, talking about them in interviews, and every time confirming yes, they are in the works. They are actively working on them, but they aren't putting the entire game on hold to do it.

It's definitely a larger project than the usual. Seriously, 20 new models since they've confirmed the BEs and draenei will be done after classic races. Bear in mind, they've also indicated we're getting new animations with them as well.

I'd like to see them released in waves, 2 at a time as they're ready, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them all released for next expansion instead.

Releasing in waves potentially generates revenue through people race changing to get "the new model" immediately. Saving them for the expansion makes it a huge selling point for that expansion.

Honestly, I'd be pretty happy to wait for next expansion if we got previews through MoP of the models at 90% completion.

Ghostcrawler mentioned the possibility and I think it's quite wise to go the EverQuest: Shadows of Luclin route. Include check boxes in the interface options to select which new and which old races you use. Some players won't like the new ones and it lets older computers play without additional strain. It only affects your screen so you could see old model night elves with new model humans, for example.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2012-11-27 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    People who are thinking this is like the dance studio are dead wrong. The new models are more like Transmog.
    Wasn't the dance studio mentioned in the Cata unveiling trailer, a handful of times at the corresponding Blizzcon, and then pretty much never mentioned again?

I'm just amazed that people champion it so much.