Thread: Patch 5.1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepsidedj View Post
    You misunderstood me. I dont bitch because there is no raid after two months of new expansion. But because until Cataclysm all x.1 patches had Raid in them. I dont say i want a raid RIGHT NOW i want it when the time comes but just dont call this 5.1 really.

I just made this. Does anyone feel the same way?

Patch 1.1 : Onyxia raid.
    Patch 2.1 : Black Temple
    Patch 3.1 : Ulduar (!!!!)
    Patch 4.1 : Firelands was planned for 4.1 but it was too early, so instead of waiting 1 month they pushed it 4 more months.
    Patch 5.1 : no raid, no dungeon. Blizz saw that they can get away with no raid in 4.1 so they did the same in 5.1

A patch without raid should be considered a minor patch.
    have you actually read the patch notes and seen the changes, or saw no new raid and ran, naked, screaming into the night until the police had to taser you and you are writing this from a hospital ward? Since when did patch=new raid, especially when 99% of people are nowhere near completing existing ones.

Patch 5.1 - released 2 months and 2 days after MoP launch.

Patch 4.1 - released 4 months and 17 days after cataclysm launch.

Comparing the two is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    have you actually read the patch notes and seen the changes, or saw no new raid and ran, naked, screaming into the night until the police had to taser you and you are writing this from a hospital ward? Since when did patch=new raid, especially when 99% of people are nowhere near completing existing ones.
    You don't get it do you?

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Patch 5.1 - released 2 months and 2 days after MoP launch.

Patch 4.1 - released 4 months and 17 days after cataclysm launch.

Comparing the two is retarded.
    Yea but 4.1 had kinda more content.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

10+ Year Old Account
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]
    Try reading up on version management and then come back.Let met recap it.... "In principle, in subsequent releases, the major number is increased when there are significant jumps in functionality, the minor number is incremented when only minor features or significant fixes have been added, and the revision number is incremented when minor bugs are fixed."

In this case I would disagree with the conclusion the addition of Operation Shield Wall falls into the revision category and therefore definitely is a minor change.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't get it do you?

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 03:43 PM ----------

Hahhahha. Now I know you are messing around good one though. Good one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well when they said that they are gonna try to release patches faster i didn't think they are gonna do it by cutting content. This is wrong man.
    Um...raids aren't the only content in the universe of WoW, brosef. Get over yourself.

I pet battle and just finished everything in it's content pretty recently. I have caught every single pet that could be caught in the game before the patch, leveled the pets that I wanted to level for my pet battle tournaments to level 25, defeated all the trainer battles, and completed 420 achievement points worth of pet battle achievements. 5.1 is a great patch for me, because it is adding content in something that I do.

Furthermore, considering there's a pretty lengthy legendary quest chain to do...somehow that isn't content either, right?

Also, I didn't realize that scenarios aren't content.

I mean...did you even read the patch notes to see what they're adding? "Cutting content"...if anything they're adding way more now than they ever did before by adding +1 raid and that was it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone any ideas when we can expect the trailer to be released ?

Also, just because there is no raid doesn't mean it should be called a "minor patch" not everything in this game is about raiding.

You mean...two instances, of which a good majority of the assets already existed for, and one quest line vs two giant quest chains, an essential terraforming of Krasrang Wilds, five scenarios, and multiple random other quest chains (Wrathion, Warlock one, ect), in addition to Brawler's Guild?

Yeah, you're totally unbiased.

Well when they said that they are gonna try to release patches faster i didn't think they are gonna do it by cutting content. This is wrong man.
    What content did they cut?
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-11-27 at 03:02 PM.

Patch 4.1 - Short questline, 1 reworked old raid turned into a 5-man, 1 old raid copypasta updated to 85 and turned into a 5-man, guild finder, guild challenges, call to arms.

Patch 5.1 - New quest hub focusing on war between alliance and horde, 3 new scenarios, brawlers guild, item upgrade system, pet battle system enhancements, wintergrasp/Tol barad updated to lvl 90, next step in legendary weapon quest chain.

I'd put them at about the same. If anything, I would say 5.1 has slightly more really important content. Yes, 4.1 added 2 "new" heroic dungeons, but since those dungeons dropped better gear than the one already in the game and awarded more valor per clear in LFD, nobody ran the old ones any more. So the net effect was -7 dungeons and we chained troll heroics till our eyes bled.
    Last edited by Gurbz; 2012-11-27 at 03:06 PM.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

oh yeah? well i say its wrong that i only get like 3 patches worth of ANY content for 2 years.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    saw no new raid and ran, naked, screaming into the night until the police had to taser you and you are writing this from a hospital ward?
    This made me giggle. BZZZZT *falls* BZZZZT BZZZZT BZZZZT *the Hangover* IN THE FACE!!!! lol *falls outta chair*

15+ Year Old Account
    There was never a raid intended for 5.1. They said well before MoP was launched that 5.2 would be the raid patch. This is closer to how Vanilla WoW was. Not every major patch is going to have a raid. This one is adding the daily hub, the legendary chain, scenarios, pet battle upgrades and pets, valor and conquest item upgrading, currency reworking to free up bag space, brawler's guild, and a bunch of other class balancing adjustments. I'd say that a fairly sizeable amount of content to release just 2 months after the new expansion. Hell, Terrace heroic just released last week. There are literally only 4 guilds in all of WoW that can say they are done with MoP raiding as of the time of me posting this. Given that one is 10 man and 3 are 25 man, that's a max of 85 players out of 10,000,000 subs that could say they were done, which in reality is far less when you factor in substitutions.

.1 Patches don't "need" to be raid/dungeon patches. Blizzard has been steadily changing what a patch is over the last couple years. If you're saying a .1 should have new instanced pve content out of tradition, then ok, but noone's obligated to agree with you. 3.1 had -just- ulduar, and maybe a couple things i missed, LFG was't until 3.2(I'm probably wrong). But .x patches are all MAJOR patches. .x.x patches are minor patches, they're usually to add a new pet or store item, or do hard fixes on things that change bad things that happened in the game that can't be hotfixed. If it's new content, it's major. Just because it's not your preferred content does not make it any less of a patch. Also, new tier = new Arena season, so they really can't be making all these newer patches new raid patches if they want the "more content, faster" approach to work out for everyone. For now i'm just excited for the new story content, warlock fire and the new windrider. Awww yeh.

Quote Originally Posted by Leare315 View Post
    warlock fire
    Has this been confirmed, or still just hoping?
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

sorry but the world first race has just been concluded and you want ANOTHER raid already?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Why does it need a raid to be a major patch?

There's actually a ton of new content in this patch. Whether or not it's interesting to you is whatever, but this isn't just a new batch of dailies.

Wow people are really dumb. They complained that patches were to slow in coming in Cata. They complain about daily quests in Panda even though there was just as much of a grind in cata and before that (but hey I got to wear a tabard which made me look better while grinding!). Now people are seriously complaining because this patch is called 5.1 and not something like 5.1/2 or some other nonsense? People really need to get over themselves. If you are somebody who really takes the number of a patch that seriously you really need to think about seeking some professional help.

Patch 1.1 : Onyxia raid.
    Patch 2.1 : Black Temple
    Patch 3.1 : Ulduar (!!!!)
    Patch 4.1 : Firelands was planned for 4.1 but it was too early, so instead of waiting 1 month they pushed it 4 more months.
    Patch 5.1 : no raid, no dungeon. Blizz saw that they can get away with no raid in 4.1 so they did the same in 5.1

patch 1.2 - maraudon
    patch 1.3 - dire maul and 2 world bosses
    patch 1.4 - a few quests and the honor system
    patch 1.5 - alterac valley and warsong gulch
    patch 1.8 - 4 world bosses and a silithus revamp
    patch 1.10 - weather effects
    patch 1.12 - crossrealm battlegrounds
    patch 2.2 - voice chat (nobody uses that shit!)
    patch 4.1 - zul'aman and zul'gurub
    patch 5.1 - operation shieldwall and dominance offensive

as you can see, Wrath of the Lich King was the one and only expansion that had one raid per major content patch!

vanilla WoW, the so acclaimed golden time of WoW, when everything was perfect and enjoyable (lol) had many raidless patches.

so stop QQing lol
    Last edited by checking facts; 2012-11-27 at 04:03 PM.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    sorry but the world first race has just been concluded and you want ANOTHER raid already?
    Nope. I just want to have 3 patched raids after expansion. ex 3.0 = expansion and then 3.1 Ulduar 3.2 ToC 3.3 ICC.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC