Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i dont think its right, but its well known that looks are a factor in elections. its possible he may he able to overcome it. but it seems his main problem is convincing the republicans hes good enough for them.
    I think, from just watching fox, that the same thing that is holding him back is what makes him popular. The proof that the GOP is doomed, is them not embracing a popular and recognizable republican, because that thing that make him popular is his willingness to embrace democrats to acomplish a common goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Istaril View Post
    He certainly seems to be one of the more moderate GOP members. It's almost a certainty that he'll run in 2016, so I'll be interested to see who the Democrats will field. On the flip side however, there is a chance that he might get shoved aside by one of the crazies, especially since a lot of the GOP have been accusing him of being a backstabber for showing support for Obama's handling of Hurricane Sandy.

yes how dare he be a good man and accept the president's visit during a natural disaster.... how fucking dare he

10+ Year Old Account
    I think at this point, Rubio is the top dog for republicans. Simply because a lot of the vitriol comming from the right is focused on race and not issues. The issues get downplayed as people wanting hand outs, where Rubio will not change the rhetoric, but be the dark face that RNC seems to think lead to election results.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Do you think Christie making a 47% are lazy, moochers comment, would sound the same as it come from Romney? His size, will make all attempts at painting opponent as lazy, like republicans did this election, much more difficult to acomplish due to the associated stereo types.
    I don't see him making those comments.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:17 PM ----------

i dont think its right, but its well known that looks are a factor in elections. its possible he may he able to overcome it. but it seems his main problem is convincing the republicans hes good enough for them.
    You do realize he's pretty much the golden child of the Republican party and they courted him to run in 2012? A nomination he declined because he made a promise to the people of NJ which he intended to keep.

He certainly seems to be one of the more moderate GOP members. It's almost a certainty that he'll run in 2016, so I'll be interested to see who the Democrats will field. On the flip side however, there is a chance that he might get shoved aside by one of the crazies, especially since a lot of the GOP have been accusing him of being a backstabber for showing support for Obama's handling of Hurricane Sandy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reason why he may not do well in the primaries

He's just like good ole Rudy a northern republican meaning he is much more liberal compared to what the GOP wants.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

He's just like good ole Rudy a northern republican meaning he is much more liberal compared to what the GOP wants.
    He's almost certainly going to run in 2016. If he does, he'll almost certainly receive the GOP nomination because the GOP wants him.

Once that's over with he's a shoe-in for the election. Unless the Dems find a way to resurrect Kennedy I don't see a candidate as popular as Christie on their side.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    He's almost certainly going to run in 2016. If he does, he'll almost certainly receive the GOP nomination because the GOP wants him.

Once that's over with he's a shoe-in for the election. Unless the Dems find a way to resurrect Kennedy I don't see a candidate as popular as Christie on their side.
    Popular or not, Christie is still a Republican, promoting Republican values and ideas. Unless he radically changes the platform, I dont see Christie beating Hillary, should she decide to run. She's extremely qualified and will once again take the female vote by wide margins. Unless Christie supports a type of amnesty program, Hillary will take the Hispanic and Asian vote also, again by wide margins. That being said, I would feel comfortable with Christie in office. He has proven to be a competent governor.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    Popular or not, Christie is still a Republican, promoting Republican values and ideas. Unless he radically changes the platform, I dont see Christie beating Hillary, should she decide to run. She's extremely qualified and will once again take the female vote by wide margins. Unless Christie supports a type of amnesty program, Hillary will take the Hispanic and Asian vote also, again by wide margins. That being said, I would feel comfortable with Christie in office. He has proven to be a competent governor.
    i dont know about that. i can actually see christie literally saying "stfu already, you fucking idiot" to the todd akins types that will inevitably spout off. he can be pretty blunt, which makes him publicly endearing as a "maverick" sense, and could pull undecideds/middle ground people over

Doubting we will survive the current administration to worry about the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Okahandja View Post
    Doubting we will survive the current administration to worry about the next one.
    nice. so are you part of the 2012 crowd or the 10k years of darkness crowd? or do you just want attention?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    nice. so are you part of the 2012 crowd or the 10k years of darkness crowd? or do you just want attention?
    If Chuck Noris tells you the world is headed for 10k years of darkness, shouldn't he be the first person checked for responsobility? Other than Chuck him self, who has that much power?

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 06:05 PM ----------

If so, how does he fit with current republican party that's dead set on blaming hand outs for the election? A guy who does not share the view of his party, isn't a sign or proof of republican party not being doomed. Unless he becomes the norm, not the exception.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i dont know about that. i can actually see christie literally saying "stfu already, you fucking idiot" to the todd akins types that will inevitably spout off. he can be pretty blunt, which makes him publicly endearing as a "maverick" sense, and could pull undecideds/middle ground people over
    The whole undecided/middle/independents vote really isn't as big as people make it out to be. Romney won Independents by 5 percentage points, but still lost the election by a pretty large margin.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

The thing Christie has over Hillary is that he has experience in an executive position.

Hillary's have been either legislative or foreign relations.

The whole undecided/middle/independents vote really isn't as big as people make it out to be. Romney won Independents by 5 percentage points, but still lost the election by a pretty large margin.
    "independents" is a misnomer these days. and i doubt that the dedicated democrat voting bloc is that much more substantial than the GOP voting bloc. the election always comes down to those that could go either way based on current conditions and message

I just watched on CNN. Chris is seeking re-election for his second term. Likely a good thing since his poll has sky rocketed ever since he worked with Obama. Proof that working with other side doesn't make you weak when morally it's the right thing to do even if others don't want him to. His own party turned on him like a pack of animals when he thanked Obama at the disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

Very much this. One of the big issues Republican's have is they have to steer so far to the right to win the Primaries that it creates issues for them in the general election. McCain had to do it to finally get the nomination, and Mitt had to as well, where he got his flip flopper reputation from. Heck, Rick Parry was lambasted as being too Liberal for not supporting a boarder fence, Rick Perry, they guy who did this http://youtu.be/0PAJNntoRgA commercial was called too liberal!

There are lots of sane people left in the GOP, and they are finally starting to push back, and that's good, but a lot of the more conservative elements want to double down on their policies, and as long as they can say their candidate wasn't conservative enough they will always carry some weight, the party might be better off long term is a Santorum or a Perry type were to get the nomination.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:17 PM ----------

You do realize he's pretty much the golden child of the Republican party and they courted him to run in 2012? A nomination he declined because he made a promise to the people of NJ which he intended to keep.
    not anymore.

not anymore.
    Thanking the president for doing a good job.

Im pretty sure the GOP understands by now that youre not mortal enemies with dems.

Thanking the president for doing a good job.

Im pretty sure the GOP understands by now that youre not mortal enemies with dems.
    stop cramping my style man.

and if faux news is any indication of which way the gop wind blows, they dont.