Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jetriot View Post
    The change really makes me wonder if they ran out of time to test the fire changes after they took out the nerfs or if it just got lost in the jumble. Ice was nerfed for pvp reasons, which makes it less pve viable and arcane which is the worst of the three specs wasn't even glanced at(I suppose it got a spellsteal buff in a way). I guess its fire or nothing for raiding mages now.
    They reduced mana costs on Arcane Charge stacks for Arcane. So they indeed did glance at Arcane. It will be a modest dps boost for the spec.

Edit: looks like the mana change didn't go live. They were just testing it out. I would not be surprised however, if there was something around the corner for Arcane.
    Last edited by Methusula; 2012-11-27 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jetriot View Post
    Ice was nerfed for pvp reasons, which makes it less pve viable and
    A tad offtopic, but what changes are you thinking of? I don't see anything in the patch notes that should reduce frost pve dps.

just got a 87k combustion on Gara'jal in LFR with only lust and no pots/flask

Quote Originally Posted by audacitymage View Post
    just got a 87k combustion on Gara'jal in LFR with only lust and no pots/flask
    50k ignites all the time with 2 pyro crits, not even trying status, 100k on lfr sha of fear with the 60% buff, no alter time, no lust.

Deleted
    I'm afraid this will result in a fast hotfix nerf from Blizzard. I just hope they don't add the pyro CD.

We all know why this happened. They wanted people to combust by fireballing and doing 1 pyro in the end and that's what the pyro CD was supposed to achieve. They buffed the ignite to compensate, but after they reverted the pyro CD change people are still combusting with 4-6x pyro spam with alter time sequences for absolutely gigantic ignites, which actually leads to a huge dps increase to the already best dps spec in the game by far.

I just hope the nerf won't be a revenge pendulum swing too far to the opposite direction.
    Last edited by mmoc92c203c636; 2012-11-27 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    I really hope they foresaw this and Combustion retains its current damage after the patch. There is one thing I hate the most in WoW and it's the fast buff/nerf roller coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I really hope they foresaw this and Combustion retains its current damage after the patch. There is one thing I hate the most in WoW and it's the fast buff/nerf roller coaster.
    Yeah it's definitely a buff. Lol hoping that we don't get the nerfbat as well.

Yeah so using combustion is brainless now.

Single Target DPS

Definitely a increase in dps, But....kinda took the skill factor out.

Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    Yeah so using combustion is brainless now.

Single Target DPS

Definitely a increase in dps, But....kinda took the skill factor out.
    Care to explain why it took the skill factor out? Because you no longer have to have pyroblast dot on your target which you had 100% uptime on anyway?

Yeah I did 141k on Spiritbinder 25h and 143k on Protectors Elite Normal. Pretty crazy lol. Didn't even have insane combusts for Garajal either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephrie View Post
    Care to explain why it took the skill factor out? Because you no longer have to have pyroblast dot on your target which you had 100% uptime on anyway?
    Because building a big ignite has never been difficult; especially if you're running PoM. As I've stated previously, I've had no difficulty in building up 80K Ignites in 470 gear; imagine what people with BiS who have far more spellpower and crit than I do can achieve?

Combustion is being based off of the TICK value of Ignite. Regardless of the fact that Ignite ticks every 2 seconds, Combustion ticks every one second with the tick value being determined at 100% of Ignite's tick. 80K Ignites @ 470 gear translates to 80K Combustions; which tick for 20 seconds with the glyph.

You can now obtain similar Combustions of pre-5.1 levels with a Fireball crit and a Pyroblast! crit. Think about how stupid your combustions could now be using PoM and Alter Time abuse?

Nerfbat incoming!

@AllThose: Building an ignite is so super easy. Do you get this RELIABLE or did you just have it once? I also got an ignite for about 120k, but that was only once with 5 or 6 pyro crits in a row. Sometimes if you're pretty unlucky you won't even reach 40k (I would say 50k to 60k is normal) even with PoM and Alter Time. Or do I miss something?
    Last edited by reflection; 2012-11-28 at 10:46 AM.

Deleted
    Did a quick test and Combustion definitely ticks for EXACTLY the tick value of Ignite at the time of Combustion. The skill factor hasn't changed since you still want to chain Pyroblast crits together, but surely Combustion damage has gone up? Will see in the raid tonight.

I think they overbuffed us for a purpose so they have a reason to nerfbat us hard to mediocre level in next hotfix. /tinfoilhat

Yeah, Combustion is silly now. If they don't nerf it I'll be shocked. I went from 92k DPS on Garalon last week to 120k this week. (I'm a kiter)

combustions fine now.. gone is the days of RNG where you had to time things just perfectly and hope you had 5-7 crits in a row.. well i shouldnt say that if ur lucky u can stack ignite to 180k lol.. anyway i digress. this change is another improvement.. i did elegon earlier in lfr and got a 192k combustion spiking up to 400k dps.. ended the fight around 180k dps lmao.. granted its lfr.. but hey i much prefer this new combustion to the old one.. plus it still involves skill.. if you accidently have ignite roll over from say 60k to 20 then ur screwed again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    combustions fine now.. gone is the days of RNG where you had to time things just perfectly and hope you had 5-7 crits in a row.. well i shouldnt say that if ur lucky u can stack ignite to 180k lol.. anyway i digress. this change is another improvement.. i did elegon earlier in lfr and got a 192k combustion spiking up to 400k dps.. ended the fight around 180k dps lmao.. granted its lfr.. but hey i much prefer this new combustion to the old one.. plus it still involves skill.. if you accidently have ignite roll over from say 60k to 20 then ur screwed again.
    Sorry but mages are a bit over the top atm.. way out of line compared to other classes again.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    In our heroic elegon tonight I did a 214k combust! I'm def loving the changes, whether it's a bug or not! I feel so shit stomped when bad rng rolls my way!

Deleted
    I like the new combustion. A little bit crittluck and here u go, 125k on spirit kings (10hc). Strong fire mage buff. :>

Its absolutely nuts. I love it because I'm a fire mage but honestly I have NO IDEA how this went live unless they were just messing with everyone who always complains about mages lol.

Not to be a dick but this proves blizzard has absolutely no idea what they are doing unless they're just making an excuse to swing the nerf bat hard or there is some type of scaling we aren't aware of yet which I highly doubt
    Last edited by Erolian; 2012-11-29 at 07:14 AM.