Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Oh? I do have a family and they wouldn't be while I'm still alive. While I don't keep guns around for safety reasons. I do have knives, my hands, and whatever else I can use. They would be dead or I would be dead. No in between.
    Glad to hear you are willing to go that extra mile. Most of us husbands/fathers would die to protect their family. My question to you is, how do you know the intent of the person invading your house and are you willing to risk your family to find out before taking action?

Would you say that had they killed him for a few personal things? Because in most home invasions the home owner dies! People are getting smarter they are sick and tired of criminals.
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Oh? And where do you live? The United States of America is an extremely diverse country. Having lived here nearly all my life I could argue that every state has its own culture. ou Living in Utah is a hell of a lot different than living in Texas. Living in New York is a hell of a lot different than living in California. Different people. Different mindsets. You are grouping together entirely different people and in my opinion are coming very close to nation bashing. Gun rights is a hotly debated topic especially in the United States. Not all of us are egotistical, selfish, gunslinging maniacs. In fact, I know of very few who are.

With that said, back on topic I hope this guy stays in jail for the rest of his life. I don't see any way to justify what he did. Two teenagers do not deserve to die for attempting to steal who knows what. I don't care if it was $10, $50, or even $10,000 worth of stuff. Two lives > $10,000 worth of items. Two lives > $1,000,000 worth of items. Fucking hell, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    heh, you can derail this thread because it's been beaten worse than a dead horse... or dead home invader.

The fact that you are involved in the courts means you are costing tax payers money. You won't expand on what it is, so we can assume you have tied up at least a judge if not a public defender as well... along with any court personnel needed to deal with your case.
    Now you want to talk about healthcare... you obviously then don't support Obamacare because it forces people to purchase health insurance. So if that's such a huge issue, it amazes me that you in the same breath bash Romney who is against Obamacare. Which is it?
    I'm not in court yet, hopefully we settle out of court. If you want to blame someone, blame the reckless driver as we were the victims.

Romney against Obamacare? Didn't he do the same type of health care system in his state?

Stupid people getting what they deserved. This story.

Quote Originally Posted by theKarn View Post
    Stupid people getting what they deserved. This story.
    You're assuming his story is all fact though despite the holes in it... and his suspicious behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    old man who people didn't really like and was suspicious off kills two teens in cold blood after they were incapacitated. He's a mental case that needs to be locked away in a centre.
    Old man who people didn't like killing to teens that broke into his home looking for drugs. He put them out of there misery once he he saw how much pain they were obviously in after being shot a few times.

Not so much in cold blood at that point as it was ending their misery. Remember, both had already been shot a few times and were probably already dying.

Is he a mental case, could be, there will be a decent amount of info to come out later.

You're assuming his story is all fact though despite the holes in it... and his suspicious behaviour.
    And most of your argument is speculation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kjcasey View Post
    They were doing something wrong!!!!!!! They broke into a house!!! They sure didnt ring the door bell! Now should he have kept shooting thats up to a jury. He also should have called the police immediately
    Is there any proof that they did, or just this guy's say so?
    That's my entire point.

I explained the problems I had with this story. I explained how it seems unrealistic and unlikely, and that I think he's lying.

I don't think they broke into his house. I think he murdered them and lied about it, and then said they broke in to cover it up.

THAT'S your problem with what he said? What about the whole "two teens invade property, are then killed for sport" part?

I'm not in court yet, hopefully we settle out of court. If you want to blame someone, blame the reckless driver as we were the victims.

Romney against Obamacare? Didn't he do the same type of health care system in his state?
    Glad to know you read/listen to the liberal press.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    If only the man who's home was being invaded had the luxury of knowing exactly what the intruder's circumstances were, maybe then the idea that he was terrified for his life and psychologically compromised would not be a possibility, but as it stands we do not what he knew at the time.

If someone broke into my house and for some miraculous reason I knew that they were just a prescription drug addict and needed some quick cash to pay someone off in the college dorm in which they resided I would obviously not feel the need to destroy them completely, that is providing the shock of being invaded didn't overcome me. However, If I don't know that that is all they are, then why should I be judged as if I did know? For all I know at that point in time, they could be psycopaths that intend to tie me up and torture me for months. The point is you don't know, and they are the ones who are invading your home. Hindsight is great when used in the future and present, but in the past it does not apply. People have to deal with situations as they arise, and should be judged on how morally they dealt with it at that time, not how it seems like at this time. many things have to be taken into account.
    See my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    That's my entire point.

I explained the problems I had with this story. I explained how it seems unrealistic and unlikely, and that I think he's lying.

I don't think they broke into his house. I think he murdered them and lied about it, and then said they broke in to cover it up.
    At the moment, the current reported story is the teens were breaking in.

Thats about all you have to go on.

Anything else is speculation

From the evidence shown so far and from what the police said yes they did. I wish they were not killed its sad, but again home invasion is horrible with most ending in the death of truly innocent people this time the intruders got it.
    That's my entire point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Given the evidence so far, it seems pretty clear that they broke into his house (violated his rights).

He also admitted he used more force than required. That's pretty terrible as well.

As an aside, if his house had been burglarized numerous times before, it's usually a sign that the burglar(s) know who lives there. He's an old man; they were teens. It's not that weird that they broke in in the middle of the day.
    From the evidence shown so far and from what the police said yes they did. I wish they were not killed its sad, but again home invasion is horrible with most ending in the death of truly innocent people this time the intruders got it.
    Just what evidence is that? The testimony of one person?
    It's very suspicious and doesn't add up. Shouldn't you reserve judgement of these two individuals until all the facts are known?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    With that said, back on topic I hope this guy stays in jail for the rest of his life. I don't see any way to justify what he did. Two teenagers do not deserve to die for attempting to steal who knows what. I don't care if it was $10, $50, or even $10,000 worth of stuff. Two lives > $10,000 worth of items. Two lives > $1,000,000 worth of items. Fucking hell, people.
    Screw the money - My lifes on the bet. How would I know these aren't some murderes breaking in my house equipped with weapons? I wouldn't take the chances, oh just some teenager that broke into my house at age 65 myself and think - It's fine, I'll yell at them a bit and lead them to the door. That's not what would've happend. If the old man wouldn't have picked up a weapon to scare them, those two would most likely have hurt him, push'd him or something. Self defense is self defense. Even if it is against teenagers. Not saying that the man did the right choices, but it's hard to make those choices right as the scenario would depend on those happenings.

Do you think the teens would've run out of the house if he didn't show up with a gun shoting them? Would they push him, hit him? Would they maybe even kill him? Where they influenced by alcohol? Drugs? What? Did the teenager have weapons? What are they breaking into his house for? There's so many possiblites - Regardless of them, you're ending up making a mistake. Let's say we come to the possiblity - He goes without a weapon and confronts them, they're influenced with drugs and alkohol and try to somehow attack him. Scenario would be - teenager broke into a seniors house and killed him - Now then you would say - He should've taken proper mesurements. Confront them with weapons etc, call the police w/e.

We're talking about lifes. Always sad to that lifes go away but don't take one part of the case. It's not about the money, it's about the lifes. We don't know what would've happend if he wouldn't have confronted them with a gun. Some things can't be taken by chances. Even having the gun pointed at them. How could a man at age 60-70 think that they didn't have any guns, or knives? He at that age is slow and could've been surprised easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    The report is based on this one person's testimony, and is not based on any forensic evidence.

His testimony is full of holes and does not add up, and anyone who has read/heard it would draw the same conclusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Same as a lot of others feel I'm ok with him shooting them it's the execution of each that took it too far. He almost seems like he is bragging about a clean killing blow which to me means he took pleasure in it and that's too far and he should be sent to prison as far as I am concerned.

I'm an immigrant from Nigeria. I live in New England and most people have guns here but no crime. It's nice

Taking this story at face value: Two murder charges. Somebody who you've already shot once and falls down a flight of stairs isn't going to be a threat. Executing somebody you've already shot several times because they laughed at your gun jamming is also reprehensible.

Analyzing the story: Something seems fishy. Gunshots are fucking loud, why would the girl come down the stairs after hearing the gunshot?
    not saying what he did after he stopped them was right. But lets face it if they were at home watching tv instead of invading a mans home they would still be alive
    If they also had bullet proof gear and military training they'd still be alive. If the man didn't execute they might still be alive.

I am going by the police statement.
    Just what evidence is that? The testimony of one person?
    It's very suspicious and doesn't add up. Shouldn't you reserve judgement of these two individuals until all the facts are known?

Quote Originally Posted by Sealed Shut View Post
    Glad to know you read/listen to the liberal press.
    Oh you're a liberal bashing conservative? Well that's just lovely.