Details about warlock 5.1 quest chain?

Has anyone found any details on the quest chain yet? I've read the book on the table in stormwind, and it mentions outland, but I don't know what to do next.

also in for answers

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The data is obviously there these ally casters ARE CASTING FEL INCINERATE'S FEL IMMOLATE FEL BOLT TO MY face obviously It's there in SOME form in terms of green fire

Fine by me. We weren't getting the green fire in this patch anyway if they had stuck to the "over several patches". This way they can polish it even more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Fine by me. We weren't getting the green fire in this patch anyway if they had stuck to the "over several patches". This way they can polish it even more.
    Polish what? The data is all there the things as I've stated are casting it lol

''Fel incinerate''
    ''Fel immolate''
    ''Fel Rain''
    FEL SOMETHING w/e

Like what else do you need to polish it?

Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Polish what? The data is all there the things as I've stated are casting it lol

''Fel incinerate''
    ''Fel immolate''
    ''Fel Rain''
    FEL SOMETHING w/e

Like what else do you need to polish it?
    The actual questline.
    It's a shame that we have to wait, don't get me wrong, but I'm not surprised they are spending less dev time making a quest line only playable by one class that already got a major redesign and portioning of dev time than they are making content like the brawler's guild and dominance offensive daily hub that every class can access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    The actual questline.
    It's a shame that we have to wait, don't get me wrong, but I'm not surprised they are spending less dev time making a quest line only playable by one class that already got a major redesign and portioning of dev time than they are making content like the brawler's guild and dominance offensive daily hub that every class can access.
    Bleh lame what I've been waiting for other then expecting a bunch of nerfs haha

I guess a lot of people would probably be happy enough if they just added a book that you could use to change your spells green and back to be honest, but personally I am excited for what quest content they are producing and so don't really mind waiting.
    The Dragonwrath legendary quest line and the skill challenges it involved are really good memories for me and while I doubt it's going to be that in-depth, they can do a lot with their new scenario technology.

Green Fire is cool too, green is my favourite colour, but it's more of a bonus for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame we have to wait. Was wondering about it cause it wasn't showcased in any way on the PTR after the initial push. Still, it only vaguely had to do with what else is in the patch, so maybe it'll be a better fit in 5.2.

Yay, I don't have to resub yet!

God i wonder what 5.2 might be? It better fit it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sillikoni View Post
    God i wonder what 5.2 might be? It better fit it
    From what we know a Vol'jin featured Mogu/Troll raid, more akin to the larger, multi winged raids like Ulduar and ICC. So no, doesn't fit in really well there either, BUT there might be more to the Wrathion legendary story revealed by then tying it together.

Thought we were supposed to do the first half in 5.1 and the second half in 5.2...

We aren't even sure if it was meant to continue further after 5.2. It could have been 3 parts turning out to be 2, what an improvement, sigh. Furthermore, I wouldn't be any certain that the green fire reward is even worth it. The reason I am implying this is because I have read the quest and noticed that it revolves around some powers that were meant to be immense and free of fel corruption. How am I supposed to be happy if I find a purified greater source of energy that turns out to be a new thing, yet I get to stick with fel corruption just because of the tradition?

In other words, the theory goes like this. Illidan used blue flames, GC hinted blue flames for mages and Elegon exhibits Titan technology utilizing this blue essence. Also, the quest describes the Illidan source as a fel-free one. In addition to that, many have hoped to have sha ties with the warlock class, yet detailed research points at Shadowpriest magic along with the sha touched mace effect and the Old God connection.

I know it obviously looks like pointless ranting but I am trying to serve a specific question. Have you ever thought that warlocks get the green fire carrot on a stick while countless other cool things slip by and possibly get to other classes? I personally could live without green flames compared to shadowpriests using sha magic or mages using Illidan's blue flames. That could be only be my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    We aren't even sure if it was meant to continue further after 5.2.
    https://twitter.com/DaveKosak/status/273534863087382528

Yeah, in all likelihood its going to be all included in 1 patch, not spread over 2 or 3.