Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    WAT This isn't mentioned in the patch notes!. Moar nerf yeah, let's turn monk into shit again like beta.
    It also has more ticks. Went from 6 ticks to 9 ticks.

Quote Originally Posted by masteryuri View Post
    WAT This isn't mentioned in the patch notes!. Moar nerf yeah, let's turn monk into shit again like beta.
    Most of the changes they have made take out the mindless fire and forget hps cheesing ability monks have in large groups. Sure ppl are going to cry that the sky is falling but ptr numbers were close to what they were for the live client ppl will just have to adapt and think a bit instead of just letting smart heals do the work for them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Most of the changes they have made take out the mindless fire and forget hps cheesing ability monks have in large groups. Sure ppl are going to cry that the sky is falling but ptr numbers were close to what they were for the live client ppl will just have to adapt and think a bit instead of just letting smart heals do the work for them.
    Smart heals? do you play a monk?

NONE of the monk heals are smart, despite of some of them being designed as such

the only thing the patch did was nerfing those hps cheesing abilities, while keeping all the mechanics the same. the ReM change and the haste buff are just a bone thrown to monks,'cause it will not change the playstyle a bit. ppl will continue on the mindless fire, simply healing for a lot less.
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2012-11-27 at 06:36 PM.

Deleted
    Nerfs are simple, good monks will continue to play mediocre with a slightly less full toolbox than other healers for the exchange of still having lol green bars AoE burst and bad ones will reroll.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    NONE of the monk heals are smart, despite of some of them being designed as such
    You mean, aside from Eminence and Glyphed Surging Mist, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    You mean, aside from Eminence and Glyphed Surging Mist, right?
    I still have to see a progression fight where a monk is meleeing with the purpose of healing, and not fast chi building or contributing to the DPS. Even if it happens, I bet my ass off that eminence healing will not contribute for more than 10% of the total healing, being generous. Would be happy to see a log/video of it, but from a FK from any guild, not a farm kill which means nothing. And for the glyphed SM, again, would like to see a fight were you will use it for more than a couple of times, or it to contribute for a significant amount of healing

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Smart heals? do you play a monk?

the only thing the patch did was nerfing those hps cheesing abilities, while keeping all the mechanics the same. the ReM change and the haste buff are just a bone thrown to monks,'cause it will not change the playstyle a bit. ppl will continue on the mindless fire, simply healing for a lot less.
    I do and either you don't or you don't understand what a smart heal is. Either way things are not nearly as bad as ppl are trying to make them seem. The keyboard smashing top the charts healing will go away some and ppl will have to actually learn how to use the class mechanics. So we will see less flavor of the week players on monks now, not a big deal at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    You dont get the point. I don't care about the nerfs, they are well deserved. the thing is that theres not an alternative way of healing. Keyboard smashing will remain, thats the problem. Raid is stacked? SCK+Chi burst. Raid is spread? -insert the best Chi generator for every situation here- + uplift. These are the 2 possible scenarios that occur in the current tier, at least in 25 man raid other than some marginal uses for the 3 lvl 90 talents every now and then. Now the monk will be at the same stage that all other healers in pure output, or still a little higher in some cases, But with ZERO utility compared to a shaman or a disc priest. Healing is not about the numbers, is about being able to do certain things to keep your raid alive. Healing output is just one thing, in which monks excel. But they have nothing more to offer to the raid. No reliable tank CD (Coocon is ridiculous). No reliable raid CD, besides pure hps output, which in most cases, heals for 60-70% of a divine hymn/healing tide/tranquil in a 25 man raid (Zen meditation is again useless in a raid environment other than as a personal CD). Monks have no mana regen contribution to others as pallys, while everyone else does.

This is not either an "I want to have everything others have". I was already bored of the spammy healing style the second day I healed in raid. I was getting bored as hell in garalon doing 130-140k hps while the nearest one was doing 90k. But then I had to quit for some time and my guild didn't see any difference when a disc priest took my spot, besides doing 50K less hps. I wish I was always middle of the pack, better in some bosses worst in others, with a reliable toolkit and not feeling like the special one. I wish I could have fun healing with my monk, but I can't. Beacause lacking any ability other than massive AoE spam is really frustrating but at least you can contribute, in some way, with pure HPS to your raid, and you stick with it. But it they just get away that from you the only thing you do good, well, its obvious.

Well, to answer quickly to your post, we might not have the toolbox of other healing classes, but I don't know ANY class who can keep healing a fight with zero mana like monks.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Healing from Enveloping mists being lowered by 32% Is this really true?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Healing from Enveloping mists being lowered by 32% Is this really true?
    Yeah, I just caught that note and I was like "what the fuck man, are you serious? face

I used to help with tank healing on some encounters, those days are gone lol

Can anyone tell me what the new Renewing Mist breakpoints are in percentages? I'm confused as to where I should reforge to without having someone with the +5% spell haste buff grouped with me while I do so.

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    Yeah, I just caught that note and I was like "what the fuck man, are you serious? face
    Unless my tooltip is somehow bugged, it stills shows the same overall healing it did yesterday.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the new Renewing Mist breakpoints are in percentages? I'm confused as to where I should reforge to without having someone with the +5% spell haste buff grouped with me while I do so.
    Taken from Valen's MW Calculations:

5.57%, 16.65%, 27.76%
    154, 3148, 6141

Are the haste points for ReM with raid buffs.

I'm still curious if the 3148 haste point is worth reforging to.

I'm more curious to know if 3148 include the bonus from the stance or not lol.. I was puzzled to see why my addon was not working.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm more curious to know if 3148 include the bonus from the stance or not lol.. I was puzzled to see why my addon was not working.
    Yes it should.

I'm still curious if the 3148 haste point is worth reforging to.
    Reading through the EJ post it seems straight forward. Aim for the haste point without losing too much crit. Depends on gear really.

Going from 150 to 3148 haste is a difference of 2998 rating. You are effectively giving up 4.997% crit for 11.758% haste and a 10% healing boost to ReM (10 to 11 ticks.) Relatively speaking, you're sacrificing ~5% healing on your non-haste-scaling spells (T30, UL) for 6.7% healing on your haste-scaling abilities (soothing, SCK, white hits) and 5% healing to ReM.This effectively means that dropping crit to go from 150->3158 haste is a net hps gain if ReM+soothing+AA+SCK's contribution to your total healing is >= CW/CB/UL/Surging/TP/BoK healing and a net loss if it's less than that. Given that the hardest nerfs are happening to your non-haste spells this is very frequently going to be the case.

In practice, of course, you're not going to be able to have a gear set with exactly 150 haste and everything else crit- even if you reforge everything to crit you're probably going to have about 1-2k haste, which means the value of the breakpoint goes up. As an example, at the midpoint between the two BPs (1649) you're giving up 2.5% healing on your non-haste spells for 3.35% healing on your haste spells and 7.5% healing on ReM, so your non-haste-scaling non-ReM healing has to be quite a bit higher for crit to be better.

So basically, in the average case you're going to want to go for 3148 haste and then stack crit, though there are probably edge cases where ignoring it in favor of more crit or continuing to drop crit for it is the better call.
    (taken from Spleener on EJ).
    Last edited by mmoc182bc215f9; 2012-11-27 at 11:00 PM.

So it would be 3148 in wise serpent stance? because if I use 3148 out of stance then it goes up to 4732.

In other words, if I use wowreforge it doesn't consider the stance bonus, if I use reforge lite it does.. and I can't really find the information if the breakpoint includes the 50% bonus or not, so if it should be 3148 while in wise serpent stance.

Kind of lame I didn't wonder that before, I know.

Deleted
    So it would be 3148 in wise serpent stance? because if I use 3148 out of stance then it goes up to 4732.

In other words, if I use wowreforge it doesn't consider the stance bonus, if I use reforge lite it does.. and I can't really find the information if the breakpoint includes the 50% bonus or not, so if it should be 3148 while in wise serpent stance.

Kind of lame I didn't wonder that before, I know.
    I'm guessing the haste to consider is the haste in serpent stance. In other words get 3148 haste in stance.

Yes, so 2099 not in stance. I figured why reforgelite was screwed up because it doesn't consider the stance bonus on items, it cost me about 700g of reforging to finally understand why it was all screwed up lol. 2099 + 50% = 3148.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Yes, so 2099 not in stance. I figured why reforgelite was screwed up because it doesn't consider the stance bonus on items, it cost me about 700g of reforging to finally understand why it was all screwed up lol. 2099 + 50% = 3148.
    2099 not in stance?

Ignore your stance for a second, just pretend you're in stance of the fierce tiger. You need to reforge your gear to have 3148 haste rating. Activate stance of the wise serpent. You now have 4722 haste rating. If you get someone with a 5% haste raid buff it'll increase your haste to 16.66% which is the haste breakpoint for the 11th tick on ReM.

Hope that cleared some confusion as to the bonus of the stance

Quote Originally Posted by zonde View Post
    2099 not in stance?

Ignore your stance for a second, just pretend you're in stance of the fierce tiger. You need to reforge your gear to have 3148 haste rating. Activate stance of the wise serpent. You now have 4722 haste rating. If you get someone with a 5% haste raid buff it'll increase your haste to 16.66% which is the haste breakpoint for the 11th tick on ReM.

Hope that cleared some confusion as to the bonus of the stance
    Are you guys finding it worth while to get the extra tick on ReM with it only spreading to 2 people? It seems like its more valuable at 10 man than 25 man....