Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tips for the "new" Razorgore.

Well I've been trying to solo this "now easier to solo boss" for about an hour. I cannot get all the eggs down before the adds kill him I am always left with like 5 eggs in my best trys. Any one have success and care to share your strat?

Working on it as a Demon Lock.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2012-11-28 at 02:28 AM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Your class would be helpful. Different classes have different ways of dealing with it.

as a demo warlock with dark apotheosis it took me 4 tries to kill him. on my last try I started killing the eggs that were on the place where razorgore spawns, than when I ran out of MC I AoEd the mobs that were on my and started killing the eggs that were near the orb. the last eggs I killed were the ones in the middle. I kept aura of the elements on in hopes that it would agroo some of the adds on razorgore, but I'm not sure if that worked or not lol

anyway, keep trying until you get it right. it's definitely possible, though it may be kinda RNG dependent
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

i did it before 5.1 i don't know what is your class but if u pala or have some skills like the ones that i use here it will be easy i am from EU servers so i didn't see the new changes yet

It helps a ton to have something to heal him with, an instant heal or something that's macroed to a focustarget macro which is used to break the chain in the right time (and still have time to pick it up again)

I am a demo lock, will try to run the aura like Checking facts suggested.

Use Dark Apotheosis with Grimoire of Sacrifice on. The healing threat will make all mobs focus on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorta related: I thought they were making bosses soloable/easier, yet viscidus still requires frost damage to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Sorta related: I thought they were making bosses soloable/easier, yet viscidus still requires frost damage to beat.
    Even as a frost dk i still had to pop ghoul and army and still barely shattered him. So while it's possible to solo now, basically only for frost dks or people who are willing to smack it for 40 minutes waiting on frost oil procs.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    He takes less frost hits to freeze and fewer hits to then shatter. I still can't solo him on my Ret Paladin. I bought a 1.7 speed one hander and made some frost oils and while I can freeze him(takes 20 hits to freeze him), I can't get enough strikes in during the frozen phase to shatter him, even with a 1.7 speed weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Use Dark Apotheosis with Grimoire of Sacrifice on. The healing threat will make all mobs focus on you.
    Oo good one ty.

This tip here is the best one for Demon locks, Ended fight with full HP on myself and Razor never took 1 hit. Thanks a ton.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2012-11-28 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    idk why people have so much trouble on this i killed it my first try and he had full hp when i killed last egg...
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    idk why people have so much trouble on this i killed it my first try and he had full hp when i killed last egg...
    Very helpful post filled with many insights.

As a DK I did this today, first try pretty easily. Here's what I did:
    Started out at the very back of the room with eggs. I've always found it easier to work from the back to the front, as the mind control is about to wear down, you'll want to pop army, or if you're a pet class at all, try to find some way to toss your pets out and clear all the adds you can WITHOUT hitting razorgore. If you're a healing class, heal razorgore. Healing threat is key to this if you're a healer. Should take 2 heals at 90 to heal him to full. Repeat for next duration should it ran out. Only took me 2 durations.
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-11-28 at 03:27 AM.

After 3 trys, i ended up starting up with all the way on other end, started destroying the eggs FROM that side first. One thing i did do was i slept EVERY dragonkin that started smacking me, and when i would go to re dominate him, I would dragon's roar all the adds on me, which ended up killing most of them, and they just kept attacking me. When i finished Razor had something like 40% health, and i had 40% from the adds crapping on me. I'm a Fury Warrior.

Did this as a Brewmaster Monk before 5.1. MC clear those near his spawn point, MC until debuff to recontrol expires, release him Keg Smash mobs on you then Dizzying Haze the mobs around Raz, Re-MC repeat. While controlling Raz it is prudent to also sleep any dragonkin that attacks you.

For the Slime boss in AQ 40, just use the Frost weapon off Brunn'hildar at Stormpeaks.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    For the Slime boss in AQ 40, just use the Frost weapon off Brunn'hildar at Stormpeaks.
    Freezing him isn't the issue. He's easy to freeze now. He still takes way too many hits to shatter for most classes to solo.

Here is easy mode as any lock. Take GoSac. Sac any pet. Before pulling the boss Life Tap 2 or 3 times. The heal from Sac is enough to pull a majority of the mobs off the boss and on to you. When the MC runs out kill some adds to lighten the damage on you. Re MC and continue on your merry way.

I tried as a mage and failed. Tried as shadow and had a hard time. Switched to disc and it became a walk in the park. - healing threat or and aoe taunt seems to be neccessary to keep razgore alive by aggroing mobs that target him. - also sleeping dragonkin (5) that attack him can lighten the damage a bit

1) focus on razgore
    2) focus macro with shield
    3) start the fight with mc - without killing the mobs to buy extra time
    when mc is near the end walk razgore in range and end the mc by casting the macro (and gain threat)
    heal self to full and hit halo
    repeat until all eggs are done. - you loose control over razgore and most mobs will leave the room

General strategy for any class is using healing threat to pull the entire room full of mobs' attention to you, in between Mind Controls. Bandages probably even work.

What I did as a hunter (spec Exhilaration):

1. First MC: Clear eggs starting from MC platform side until MC expires.
    2. AoE once or twice just to clear some on you, hit Exhilaration to aggro all mobs to you, then immediately re-MC and continue clearing eggs.
    3. About ~30 seconds into the MC, cancel it, AoE once or twice, readiness, Exhilaration again, then immediately re-MC.
    4. At this point you should have plenty enough time to finish off all the eggs. I ended with ~30% HP on razorgore.