Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Seriously considering leaving my raiding guild...

I would really like some serious advice on if i should continue with my raiding guild, heres the run down on why im considering leaving.

The people for the most part are people i like raiding with but one of our tanks is almost incompetent he takes forever to learn encounters, and he rolls on gear which is minor upgrade for him when it is a huge increase for dps. (healers arent having issues keeping him alive btw.)

Tonight we downed amber shaper for the first time and the weapon that i need as a fury warrior dropped. I have an axe off elegon and a LFR sword from terrace. I also have 1400 valor to upgrade this weapon ive been waiting for sitting there and spent the whole raid waiting for that one item. When it dropped the tank (who sucks and is really holding our raid back in the first place and who is using a 489 elegon axe already) needed it because it had "more stam" and won and since we are using a roll system for some reason it went to him.

Im guessing most of you can see the issue here when i asked why he needed it and said i think its dumb that he would even consider taking it over me he said i guess im dumb and wouldnt respond anymore at all. I just feel like this isn't good for advancement at all my GM said you can get it next time it drops which is a bad response since its not guaranteed obviously since i ran msv 6 full clears before going onto only HOF and the only time i got the weapon was from a token. i just feel like this isnt worth my time anymore.

thanks for the opinions either good or bad lay it on me straight just dont troll please i want serious opinions only please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No reason to get mad about it, in the end it's all just pixels.

maybe its just me but i feel like 9 hours a week its not exactly just pixels like i said its not all loot i care about hes won gloves and a belt that i needed to replace pvp gear and i was fine with it even though it had no tanking stats but when its a weapon that i was ready to upgrade and go from 2900 to 3500 weapon dps i feel like its beginning to be a waste of time .

Well I think your best option would be to have a talk with your GM about this tank. From your post, it sounds like this tank is holding back your raid and is being unfair by taking gear that is more beneficial to a DPS. The loot system you use sounds kind of wacky. Why is a tank allowed to get DPS gear over a DPS that needs it?

But anyway... if talking to your GM about tank fails, then you should consider moving on.
    Best of luck to you.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

Who the hell uses anything else but loot council? This isn't Wrath.

Your guild sounds really cruddy, bro. I'd leave it on the sole basis that your GM doesn't seem to know how to run a guild and you're basically pugging raids with a consistent roster.

I think you should definitely leave as they have no logic behind their actions whatsoever and seem to not care for you at all.

Guilds that don't give gear to players based on who needs the upgrade the most in terms of dps/hps/survivability upgrades to help further progression aren't real raiding guilds anyway.

Ya i sat there trying to talk to my gm about it for around 20 minutes after raid and him and another officer said they thought i should get the weapon but its a roll based system. I told him not to expect me on next raid night and im feeling more and more like im just not gonna show up i would rather have my time free at this point then go through a raid with this tank again i feel like im gonna be pissed the whole time when i see him using the weapon upgrade he didnt need

If you're in a guild that ISN'T assigning it's loot in a MS > OS priority already then something is wrong.

Although I should probably check, I can't right now, but is that a 2H weapon and did a DK take it?

That is the only situation I could understand for a tank taking a strength weapon with no tanking stats.

Either you talk to the GM about roll priority (MS > OS) or find a new guild honestly. If tanks are winning OS gear before the DPS have it, I don't know how far a guild can progress or take themselves seriously with such poor loot distribution.

I've never been in a guild that didn't at least assign MS > OS even if it is totally casual.

and he tried to compare me not getting the weapon to him (shadow priest) having to give up some boots to a pug since for some reason (that im starting to understand) we cant keep our 10 raiders and need to pug people constantly

Quote Originally Posted by Cahayla View Post
    Ya i sat there trying to talk to my gm about it for around 20 minutes after raid and him and another officer said they thought i should get the weapon but its a roll based system. I told him not to expect me on next raid night and im feeling more and more like im just not gonna show up i would rather have my time free at this point then go through a raid with this tank again i feel like im gonna be pissed the whole time when i see him using the weapon upgrade he didnt need
    In this case, it is probably best that you move on then. It sounds like you have no desire to be in this guild anymore.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

no it is the one hand sword off amber shaper and the tank is a paladin (he had elegons 1 hand axe which is 7 ilvls lower)

Deleted
    It sounds like you want a loot council guild, and there isn't many left. The whole "i deserve the loot more than the other guy because I'm a better player" is a bad attitude. Upgrade is upgrade, personally i maybe would have passed the weapon, but making drama on the raid team about loot have gotten people kicked from our team before. You knew the loot rules, accept them. Just because you really really REALLY wanted an item doesn't mean they should change the loot rules just for you, he won an upgrade maybe minor but none the less an upgrade, you didn't.

it sucks because i really like most of the guild members but that tank has been getting on my nerves since i joined the guild and its just been getting worse and worse i think tonight is where it just hit the fan

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 06:26 AM ----------

sisk im not saying i deserve it more since im a better player (although i do think im better) im saying i deserve it more because im a warrior dps who is strongly dependent on weapon damage and hes a tank who has a weapon that is slightly worse.

If you dread raiding because of this person then you should consider leaving. I was in a spot with another healer who just annoyed the crap out of me and refused to carry his own weight, and refused to play his class properly. He whined constantly how he was so under powered not his fault blah blah blizzard ruined everything for him blah blah. This guy held us back greatly. I won a healing trinket over him and he about threw a fit.

Everyone should carry their weight in a raiding guild and be respectful of others. Handing out loot should have a better system than randomness. And no one should be able to get a piece over a MS person who needs it. If the GM is letting this happen then his standards sound really low.

ya im considering going back to my resto shaman i know i can get a guild with him quickly i just really enjoy my warrior and want to raid him but i dont know if this is the right environment anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    This weapon, I take it.

Scimitar of Seven Stars

Logic should(note, *SHOULD*) dictate that a DPS should get it over a tank imo regarding output for DPS. Then again, it's also really good on tanks so Idunno.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2012-12-08 at 03:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Deleted
    tell them your reasons and then leave
    they sound like a bunch of incompetent tards

Two things stood out when I read this ..."rolls on gear" ...and well, you have mining as a profession. Loot council is for serious guilds and a much better way to go but it's not like you didn't know the rules beforehand with loot distribution in your guild and leaving it up to rolls, well, we all know how that can go so no reason to qq afterwards. I don't really see why you are so concerned about a weapon that will increase your dps when you aren't as concerned about a profession that's fail for raiding purposes and which could be substituted for one that also increases your dps. It sucks when people roll on loot they should not be rolling on but meh, such is the world of casual raiding, people see purple and ilvl and think upgrade with little care for anything else.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    No reason to get mad about it, in the end it's all just pixels.
    such a lackluster and bad argument

@OP yes i do think you should leave it, because a tank that (abet even a blood dk) that takes a weapon over a dps, especially if its a bigger upgrade is asshole tank, therefore i think you should leave OP