Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wink [MW] Great new near-BiS +20% overall haste Pickled Egg on par with 509 Heroic

I noticed something really great with that 470 Healer haste trinket from Brewfest (previously nowhere near BiS).

5.1 changes recap
    Renewing Mists: transfers targets when it heals (higher haste, faster jump rate)
    Heroism: +30% Spell haste, instead of +30% cast speed.
    35% Chi gain rate on Soothing mist (higher haste, higher Chi proc rate)

Thousand-year Pickled Egg: +904 Intel. Chance to increase your haste by 5425.
    but now that we gain 50% haste from items in 5.1, it jumps up to 8168 haste. not in the tooltip, but in the end effect. +~20% spell haste

for the sake of seeing how dramatic our haste buff is, Essence of Terror (509 Heroic ToES) grants 7796 haste baseline on magic dmg. we gain more haste from this 470, then we would have in 5.0 with Essence of Terror.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...v%C3%A8/simple[/url]
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 09:17 AM.

i just tested this and it is really cool but really unreliable because of the proc chance and duration.

Deleted
    Not really a fan of proc haste trinkets. I can see the benefits of it though, but procs allways tend to come at the wrong times

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Invion View Post
    Not really a fan of proc haste trinkets. I can see the benefits of it though, but procs allways tend to come at the wrong times
    Totaly agree.

well, the way i look at it is that we spend a lot of time channeling soothing mist among other things. the additional 20% proc haste on top of the 35% tick rate for Chi now even more chi spending, and mana tea.

these are the numbers i got witching from crit build, to haste build without temp buffs/procs for the sake of idea:

Crit build
    6% Haste @ 2550
    18.27% Crit @5787

Haste build
    18.58% Haste @ 7898
    13% Crit @ 2789

tradeoff is exchanging 2998 Crit, for 5348 Haste. (~5% crit in exchange for ~12.5% haste)
    the scaling of haste is very nice now. it seems promising.

and also because renewing mist has lost 1 charge and it jumps per tick, not a flat timer anymore.
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neave View Post
    Essence of Terror (509 Heroic ToES) grants 7796 haste baseline on magic dmg. we gain more haste from this 470, then we would have in 5.0 with Essence of Terror.
    I don't understand the point of this comparison. Haste was increased by 50%, all you're proving here is that Essence of Terror gives 50% more haste than Pickled Egg. That doesn't change the fact that haste is the worst stat for all healers and especially bad for Monks as it doesn't even reduce our GCD. Seriously, how is this supposed to affect my view of haste trinkets?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still a proc trinket. It's bound to proc at the worst possible time.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I don't understand the point of this comparison. Haste was increased by 50%, all you're proving here is that Essence of Terror gives 50% more haste than Pickled Egg. That doesn't change the fact that haste is the worst stat for all healers and especially bad for Monks as it doesn't even reduce our GCD. Seriously, how is this supposed to affect my view of haste trinkets?

It was a comparison to show how dramatic of a new tool we have. that was the purpose of linking that.

the rate we get Chi is directly affected by haste. thats our staple resource. haste is not the worst stat for all healers.
    Haste was not increased by 50%. haste was increased per point by 50%

"Seriously", please dont derail this thread.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 08:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    It's still a proc trinket. It's bound to proc at the worst possible time.
    please dont derail this. this thread is not about proc trinkets, its about the new Haste scaling
    Last edited by Neave; 2012-11-28 at 08:58 AM.

Haste is the worst stat for healers because its mana spend/sec, and our chi comes from our cooldowns if u are healing like u should(expel harm, ReM, jab)
    And before linking haste values or any values at all, link the buff uptimes with it since 8k haste for x seconds every x seconds might be a lot worse then 2k haste for x secs every x sec..

well, the way i look at it is that we spend a lot of time channeling soothing mist among other things.
    No. No, we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Correctsan View Post
    Haste is the worst stat for healers because its mana spend/sec, and our chi comes from our cooldowns if u are healing like u should(expel harm, ReM, jab)
    And before linking haste values or any values at all, link the buff uptimes with it since 8k haste for x seconds every x seconds might be a lot worse then 2k haste for x secs every x sec..

*sigh* Soothing Mist mana cost dos not increase with haste... its a flat 2178 mana/sec
    Soothing Mist is one of the biggest chi generators and is not a "cooldown"

please dont derail this. this thread is not about proc trinkets, its about the new Haste scaling
    Can you blame him for assuming this was about that proc trinket when that was the primary thing you talked about in both your OP AND the title of your thread?

You basically said due to the new haste scaling, the egg is one of the better trinkets out there now. It's a pretty easy jump in logic to assume your topic's the egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithfin View Post
    No. No, we don't.
    if you dont spend a considerable amount of time using Soothing Mist, then thats not too good

*sigh* Soothing Mist mana cost dos not increase with haste... its a flat 2178 mana/sec
    Soothing Mist is one of the biggest chi generators and is not a "cooldown"
    It spends mana per tick and with more haste u get ticks faster so its mana spend\sec increase, if u rely on soothing mist chi generation then u should prolly reread every log and guide again

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    Can you blame him for assuming this was about that proc trinket when that was the primary thing you talked about in both your OP AND the title of your thread?

You basically said due to the new haste scaling, the egg is one of the better trinkets out there now. It's a pretty easy jump in logic to assume your topic's the egg.
    the topic is about how much more effective haste is, and showed a comparison from 5.0 to put out a better ideal just how big of a haste buff we got. almost everyone has the Pickled egg, thats why i put it in the title

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 09:07 AM ----------

if u rely on soothing mist chi generation then u should prolly reread every log and guide again
    ...speechless

A buff to most unreliable and useless secondary stat! Oh my god! Lets all go crazy

A buff to most unreliable and useless secondary stat! Oh my god! Lets all go crazy
    if u rely on soothing mist chi generation then u should prolly reread every log and guide again
    i dont even know where to start.. those comments have to be trolling. please drop the thread or stay on topic

...speechless
    You should be, soothing mist is used in tsulong and arenas only till now..thats just competitive players tho

the topic is about how much more effective haste is, and showed a comparison from 5.0 to put out a better ideal just how big of a haste buff we got. almost everyone has the Pickled egg, thats why i put it in the title
    Then perhaps you should edit your OP to suggest that it is merely an example, rather than saying that it's better than a 509 in 5.0 and barely mentioning the main topic of the thread. I mean like I said, can't blame people for misunderstanding your topic when you barely speak of it.

And effectiveness and amount are two separate things, by the way. There's more haste, but that doesn't mean haste is better, relatively speaking, or even better to a degree where it competes with other stats. If haste was pretty crappy in 5.0 and it got buffed in 5.1, it still might not be as good as other stats, something that appears to be a common consensus, at least from the replies in this thread.

i dont even know where to start.. those comments have to be trolling. please drop the thread or stay on topic
    Please do note that calling people trolls is infractable, so I would advise against doing such in the future. As well, as long as they're not being rude, they're welcome in the thread. Instead of telling them to get out because they disagree with you, why not bring forth evidence as to why they might be wrong?

It was a comparison to show how dramatic of a new tool we have. that was the purpose of linking that.
    What tool? All you talked about was that 50% more haste is 50% more haste on items that have haste. It's been talked to death all over this forum that haste still only affects SCK, auto-attacks, Soothing Mists, and EM/RM at certain haste points. Unless you're going for a specific haste point, the AA, SCK, and SM benefits are so little compared to an equal amount of crit that it is irrelevant. Yes, 50% is a big number, but pointing out how that affects items really has nothing to do with healing until you make the connection to how it impacts actual healing.