Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I know this is unrelated to this thread but can anyone from the US explain: "Fixed an issue that could cause Illuminated Healing to apply absorption shields when no healing was generated."

Quote Originally Posted by Gilthresa View Post
    Can confirm it's been nerfed.
    Awesome, great news. Thank you.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Yep, fun is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Awesome, great news. Thank you.
    Yeah I usually love hearing news about how my class has been nerfed

/sarcasm

In other news, what's the value of the 4p without divine purpose? I definitely feel weaker, but not so weak as to completely change my playstyle. Is divine purpose still generally the best in the tier? Does the pvp 4p still beat lower ilvl pve gear? (non tier, since t14 will be the clear winner now)

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah I usually love hearing news about how my class has been nerfed

/sarcasm

In other news, what's the value of the 4p without divine purpose? I definitely feel weaker, but not so weak as to completely change my playstyle. Is divine purpose still generally the best in the tier? Does the pvp 4p still beat lower ilvl pve gear? (non tier, since t14 will be the clear winner now)
    Divine PUrpose procs a lot less compare to before. I think HA is a better choice now.

Bit silly of you to have based your playstyle over a clearly broken and unintended consequence of a set bonus. Very happy it's been fixed. I deliberately haven't been using it, seemed like cheating.

Looking forward to my improved tier 14 set bonus tomorrow.

Will the pvp 4 set still be good if you don't have 4 piece t14, compared to offset pieces?

They nerfed the proc rate of Divine Purpose aswell?, if so HA should almost always be a better option?

Guess i'll find out when it goes live in EU.. little confused that there's no written info about this from blizzard. -_-
    Last edited by twin2; 2012-11-27 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jincuteguy View Post
    Divine PUrpose procs a lot less compare to before. I think HA is a better choice now.
    How come it's not in the patch notes? -_-

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 12:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ylera View Post
    Bit silly of you to have based your playstyle over a clearly broken and unintended consequence of a set bonus. Very happy it's been fixed. I deliberately haven't been using it, seemed like cheating.
    Cheating brings you above other healers' HPS, not close to them. Last time I checked, monks and priests were doing even better.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

divine purpose doesnt proc less (per finisher) than before

It feels like it because you're not getting the HP from DP and therefore using EF less and proccing DF less.

Deleted
    So, 4p pvp is realy useless now for PVE ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiines View Post
    No. It still returns 1 Holy Power when you use word of glory with 3 Holy Power. Now, when you proc divine purpose and use it on word of glory, it no longer returns 1 Holy Power, presumably because you didn't actually spend any. The bonus is still sort of good, but not nearly as strong (for eternal flame use) as it was before.

Its probably still better than using 463 gear, but I'm not sure how it'll stack up against 476 and better pve gear. I'm still able to put out a respectable 60k HPS on unbuffed boss fights (~ilvl 475), but matching a monk's 80-100k is unlikely.

Personally I'm not sure how I feel about the holy paladin playstyle currently.. at the end of the day when I look at the meters I'm doing fine, but it doesn't feel very powerful.. maybe its just me.

I already told you guys that they nerfed it so it didnt proc from DP lol and you guys didnt believe me.
    The word of a single person is not enough. It needs to be verified by at least two people to be accepted as probable or factual. Plus things being done on the PTR don't always translate to live, so they need to be verified on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiines View Post
    I wouldn't call it useless for PVE since the bonuses do have PVE value, but it probably won't perform as well as equal level PVE sets especially since the 4p change has gone in to lower the CD by 2 seconds. For the moment we'll need a bit more testing to see whether it's still comparable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

After a full night of raiding, I'm looking at pretty much the same numbers as unnerfed. Hard to say though, poor raid night. Didn't notice a drop in DP proc rate, only that I didn't gain HoPo from the proc cast. If you were using the 4pc well before, you'll do just fine now. Eventually I'll move into the PvE 4Pc, but not until full 496 minimum.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deipotent View Post
    After a full night of raiding, I'm looking at pretty much the same numbers as unnerfed. Hard to say though, poor raid night. Didn't notice a drop in DP proc rate, only that I didn't gain HoPo from the proc cast. If you were using the 4pc well before, you'll do just fine now. Eventually I'll move into the PvE 4Pc, but not until full 496 minimum.
    in 7 min were maybe 15 DP procs and so 15 HP thats not even worth saying it ... come on ... The 4pc PVP is just as good as it is because u need less mana to generate more HP.

Ok now u get a bit less but if somebody wants to read my earlier post you will see that i didn't took DP into account when calculating the mana needed per HP and Healing/HP and that value didn't change.

PVE might be little bit stronger now but until u didn't get more than 2hc set items i don't think its better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimarran View Post
    in 7 min were maybe 15 DP procs and so 15 HP thats not even worth saying it ... come on ... The 4pc PVP is just as good as it is because u need less mana to generate more HP.

Ok now u get a bit less but if somebody wants to read my earlier post you will see that i didn't took DP into account when calculating the mana needed per HP and Healing/HP and that value didn't change.

PVE might be little bit stronger now but until u didn't get more than 2hc set items i don't think its better.
    You're making claims with no support.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1269&e=1705

Those are logs for a 7:15 fight. 23 DP procs [which are free casts] and 47 HoPo from 4pc.

Please don't make arbitrary claims without bringing some sort of evidence to support your "opinion."

You're making claims with no support.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1269&e=1705

Those are logs for a 7:15 fight. 23 DP procs [which are free casts] and 47 HoPo from 4pc.

Please don't make arbitrary claims without bringing some sort of evidence to support your "opinion."
    Yeah, and assuming you were using all 23 of those procs on EF (as you generally should be) that constitutes a MASSIVE nerf.

I think if I tighten up my overhealing and start to favor LoD I'll be able to do about as much healing as before, but LoD really sucks.. even with the 5% buff it just got it'll still suck :'(

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Yeah, and assuming you were using all 23 of those procs on EF (as you generally should be) that constitutes a MASSIVE nerf.

I think if I tighten up my overhealing and start to favor LoD I'll be able to do about as much healing as before, but LoD really sucks.. even with the 5% buff it just got it'll still suck :'(
    As previously stated, you have not explained why you believe it was overhealing or how it constitutes a nerf.

I'm unclear why people are posting here saying "I don't like 4pc, but I like the way it makes me feel. But, I'm not going to use it so I can complain about the people who are."

If you don't understand why EF isn't better than LoD, don't post in these forums unless it's to ask WHY it's better.

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 06:44 AM ----------

It's so weird, it's almost like HPallies also took advantage of set bonuses in DS, (2Pc t12/13).

As previously stated, you have not explained why you believe it was overhealing or how it constitutes a nerf.

I'm unclear why people are posting here saying "I don't like 4pc, but I like the way it makes me feel. But, I'm not going to use it so I can complain about the people who are."

If you don't understand why EF isn't better than LoD, don't post in these forums unless it's to ask WHY it's better.
    It was implicit in my comment how it constitutes a nerf. If you got 23 DP procs and used all 23 on EF (which you probably would on most fights), post nerf that is 23 less holy power you've generated during the fight, which is an obvious nerf.

I dont even understand what your other two comments are in response to.

Deleted
    Ah well, I think we can consider ourselves lucky tbh. I honestly expected a more severe nerf. I'll still use the 4 piece on most fights until I can get my hands on T14.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariathe View Post
    Ah well, I think we can consider ourselves lucky tbh. I honestly expected a more severe nerf. I'll still use the 4 piece on most fights until I can get my hands on T14.
    It's still pretty cool on Garalon, yes
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-