Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb RIFT Guru - Now recruiting people with website design knowledge and basement nerds

(press play and then read on)

Greetings fellow members of MMO Champion, recently I have been playing with the idea of setting up a RIFT fan site with the following aims~

• To promote and expand the community within RIFT, for the growing development of the game.
    • To collaberate and share all knowledge from all top-end aspects of gameplay, to provide a large source of knowledge that players who have less time to devote to playing the game can learn from.
    • To interview developers and ask the key questions on everyone's mind regarding future updates.
    • To provide not only informing but also entertaining news articles

I already have had a lot of interest for people who are willing to Write Guides for various classes/specs/dungeons/raids/puzzles/dimensions/misc stuff etc etc, but as always I'll be willing to take anyone who shares equal enthusiasm for RIFT as myself, Im looking for people who want to see the game grow,

Unfortunately due to my real life background of being a volunteer legal adviser, I unfortunately lack any sort of skill and knowledge in website design and also extensive amounts of money to employ one, I'm looking for one or two people who would be interested and show a bit of dedication to creating what I hope to be the best RIFT fan site out there, I really do lack knowledge is the setup of Websites, so if anyone has any experience setting up a website or knowledge, please shoot me a Private Message on these forums

If this sounds like something you would be interested in either working on or supporting, you don't need to be a website design jesus... but it would help :P, but yes don't hesistate to get in contact with me either by PM me on the forums or shoot me an email at seatinmanoflegends@gmail.com

~Seatin

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the most informed on web design/programming, but I am a diehard of Rift, I make videos (have a ton to render when I hit 60), love talking about Rift, writing about Rift, and would love to help in whatever way you'd like. Moderate the site, you name it. Could probably write a guide or two, as well. :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    sadly, i went to college for Internet Graphic Design, but that was over 10 years ago and as the saying goes, if you dont use it you lose it. that is the case for me. =/

Deleted
    Fantastic idea, sent you an email, unluckily i have very little knowledge on creating a website, last time i tried was in my I.C.T G.C.S.E, and i failed miserably

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    Fantastic idea, sent you an email, unluckily i have very little knowledge on creating a website, last time i tried was in my I.C.T G.C.S.E, and i failed miserably
    Your WHAT?!!
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Your WHAT?!!
    In England, we have exams at the end of year 11 called G.C.S.E's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...dary_Education
    I.C.T, is Information And computing technology, its a subject taught from year 7 to year 11, from ages 11-16/17

Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    In England, we have exams at the end of year 11 called G.C.S.E's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General...dary_Education
    I.C.T, is Information And computing technology, its a subject taught from year 7 to year 11, from ages 11-16/17
    america has a typing class.

thats it

O.o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

thats it

O.o
    I.C.T is now considered more valuable then science is now, i only had 2 lessons a week for an hour, but i learned a multitude of things in it, like how to make a website and creating animations. science is still a core subject though.

Just checked and i actually got 2 C grades, still cant remember anything from it though XD
    Last edited by mmoc135db6b2b5; 2012-11-28 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

thats it

O.o
    We wonder why we're behind the rest of the world. -.-

This is it.
    "A flower.

Deleted

This is it.
    Made me lol, but seriously our educational system is pretty wack compared to Asia or some other parts of Europe :/

This is it.
    Yea we have to pay 30 grand at the age of 18 in order to learn anything significant about computers.

Oh but now I'm in debt....

yea....... great country right?

Deleted
    Yea we have to pay 30 grand at the age of 18 in order to learn anything significant about computers.

Oh but now I'm in debt....

yea....... great country right?
    Compulsory education Finnish here at 16, but then you have the option to study at college for 2-3 years to get A-levels and college is free for the most part, then you have the option of going to university which costs quite a bit but you can get student loans.

I really hope this takes off. We really need a website like that More people need to learn how much fun this game really is!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account

thats it

O.o
    Not true. I took Java Programming in Highschool along with a few entry level courses on networking. The problem is we dont have a national education standard, its all state to state.

Seatin,

Congrats on deciding to take up this endeavor. At least one other person on this forum had considered doing the same thing. I'll let them contact you should they wish to.

While I'm all in favor of more Rift websites, and I'll certainly be stopping by and assisting in what little ways I can, I can't say I'll be leaving MMO-C behind. While this is only a subforum for another game, I think it provides a lot of opportunity for non-Rift players to see what all the fuss is about without having to leave 'home'.

I've been impressed by quality of player (or at least, the quality in attitude of players) who have made the switch from one game to the other, largely due to our efforts to enlighten and assist. Being here helps continue that young tradition.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think he intends for us to leave mmo-champ, dear Acquiesce. I certainly wouldn't! Look at my post count... it's important to me, obviously.
    "A flower.

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply a mass exodus was incoming. I just wanted to share my opinion that what we provide here, outside of the general Rift community, is a good thing.

Deleted
    I have no intention of leaving the Sub forum here ever, I'll pretty much always be knocking about, so nothing to worry about there ^^

What exactly are you looking for on the design portion of the site? Are you looking for a completely custom portal/forum system or plan on using existing systems with templates and then just editing based on the goals of the site?

I'd rather not get too specific about my business, but it is in the field, been running my business for over 10 years. PM me if you want to discuss it privately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    What exactly are you looking for on the design portion of the site? Are you looking for a completely custom portal/forum system or plan on using existing systems with templates and then just editing based on the goals of the site?

I'd rather not get too specific about my business, but it is in the field, been running my business for over 10 years. PM me if you want to discuss it privately.
    Bait your hook, and you will catch a fish. now reel it in!

---------- Post added 2012-11-28 at 07:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Oh no, I didn't mean to imply a mass exodus was incoming. I just wanted to share my opinion that what we provide here, outside of the general Rift community, is a good thing.
    Here, on the sub-forums in mmo-champ, it feels like we have our own little community, its nice