Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Blingtron Stealth nerf?

Blingtron only seems to give gifts to one character on your account per day now, post 5.1.

If you party with him, though, he does grant you Dressed To Kill, but not more gift packages for all your alts.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I think it's because he has a small chance to drop a mount. They probably don't want you "farming" him on your 10 alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheros View Post
    I think it's because he has a small chance to drop a mount. They probably don't want you "farming" him on your 10 alts.
    Probably, but with how rare the mount was, it is just kinda disappointing that they'd nerf something so silly fun.

I'd rather than have just made the mount rarer to compensate, really.

| twitch | bsky
    |

WHAT? I never knew of this omg. My dear shades.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Somewhat pointless/stupid nerf. The chance to get the mount is what, 0.0000000000000000000000000001%? Has anyone even looted the mount yet?

the mount wasnt part of the loot table before 5.1, not sure if its got added yet. (Can't find source atm but its out there floating around)
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, that saves me a few minutes of logging throu all my chars everyday (and constantly getting asked by freinds/guildies if I'm getting hacked...).
    To be honest, I can live with that change. The only good things I ever got from Bling where the Top Hat some 200g roses and Fire Spirits that always ended up in the wrong characters present <_< I don't think I would have got that omnious mount (which is or are probably also gained by crafting) in any near future weather I open one or nine presents a day.

Engineering really got nerfed this patch.

Blingtron is 1 gift per account a day
    Goblin Glider cannot be used while Bottled Tornado is active.
    Also read something about not being able to open lock boxes anymore.

No need to list these in the patch notes blizzard, its always fun to find out on our own

Out of interest, anyone know what the mount is that has chance of dropping is?
    Last edited by Ryme; 2012-11-28 at 03:29 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    I looted this on 10 characters for a couple weeks, every day. Never got anything worth while, maybe a grey worth 200g.
    So the nerf has somewhat annoyed me, nothing serious but meh. I only made it because no one dropped it in SW.

Deleted
    I know 3 people who got the mount from him BEFORE the patch. EU Kazzak.

Can't open lockboxes???? Seriously? Unreal.

There's also another part to the Blingtron nerf ... if you get a gift from Nomi the cooking apprentice you can't get a gift from Blingtron. This seems ridiculous seeing as how much work you put into getting these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Out of interest, anyone know what the mount is that has chance of dropping is?
    The two engineering rockets from this expansion. Supposedly anywya.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The two engineering rockets from this expansion. Supposedly anywya.
    Can only ENG use them then?
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

are fire spirits still bop then?
    I guess I have to do this quest on one of my alts everyday then, great! /sarcasm

So, you guys no longer need to re-log 10 Characters for a mundane reason, and you're complaining?

I'm still trying to determine how often "per day" is. I've not been able to do the quest again since yesterday after the patch (~11:30am PST). It didn't reset with the dailies at 3am PST, it didn't reset after the server restart. Next attempt will be after 24 hours have elapsed, if that doesn't work there's something else going on.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I'm still trying to determine how often "per day" is. I've not been able to do the quest again since yesterday after the patch (~11:30am PST). It didn't reset with the dailies at 3am PST, it didn't reset after the server restart. Next attempt will be after 24 hours have elapsed, if that doesn't work there's something else going on.
    Same here, I'm not able to get the quest today either.

Quote Originally Posted by Jassinia View Post
    Same here, I'm not able to get the quest today either.
    No one is. Tracking the issue on wowhead and the official forums, I'll update if anything comes of it.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    No one is. Tracking the issue on wowhead and the official forums, I'll update if anything comes of it.
    maybe now blingtron is a 1 time gift.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.