Deleted

[Fire] Item Upgrades priority for fire mages

Hello Mages!

I'm here to quest all of you about your priorities on the new feature Item Upgrade inc tomorrow on EU.

If possible you sugests what items should i upgrade first

Heres my armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...shemp/advanced

It may sound obvious but you're going to want to start with items you are unlikely to replace!
    Trinkets are probably the best place. I'm still not exactly certain which is the best of LotC vs EoT heroic for best in slot (LotC's ICD lines up much more neatly with combustion at 45s than EoT at 105s) but either way I don't think you are likely to be replacing Heroic Light of the Cosmos with Normal Essence of Terror and Sha of Terror is the last boss, so I'd go with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    BiS Items first!

In pure dps increase.. Weapon is the best increase, but allmost nobody has their BiS weps yet so it might be a bit of a hit and miss depending on if you get a better wep soon.. other than that upgrade your BiS items or items you are unlikely to replace in 5.1

Looking at your gear.. I would prolly upgrade Cosmos first and then depending if you think you are going to get a better weapon or not, either your weapon or your neck. But that is what I would do cause I expect to down sha on heroic before 5.2 hits, so It really is down to your personal choice..

Oh an before you go and think upgrading trinkets is the obvious choice, Upgrading relic of yu'lon gives your only around 140-147 int on average, which is around the same as upgrading items like chest, head, legs etc

does anyone know if I could upgrade as many items I want as long as I have enough VP for it?
    or is it capped only to certain number of items per week?

Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    does anyone know if I could upgrade as many items I want as long as I have enough VP for it?
    or is it capped only to certain number of items per week?
    Only limited to your Valor Points and that weekly cap.

As far as I can tell, you can upgrade as long as you have VP for it. I think 750 VP per upgrade is quite a throttle considering you cap at 1000 per week. Even if you are at the 3000 maximum, that's only 4 total upgrades over 2 items. Certainly ahead of the curve, but that still leaves what? 14 items to finish? Assuming you never get another new item in the place of the upgraded one, that is 14 weeks of upgrades if you are capped when the patch hits and cap every week thereafter. I think that's plenty of longevity for the system.

Once you add in upgrade drops for items you may have upgraded it stretches out even further. But we should probably be into next tier by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    It may sound obvious but you're going to want to start with items you are unlikely to replace!
    Trinkets are probably the best place. I'm still not exactly certain which is the best of LotC vs EoT heroic for best in slot (LotC's ICD lines up much more neatly with combustion at 45s than EoT at 105s) but either way I don't think you are likely to be replacing Heroic Light of the Cosmos with Normal Essence of Terror and Sha of Terror is the last boss, so I'd go with that.
    how does trinket upgrade work exactly?? does the proc scales UP as well??
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulstrike View Post
    how does trinket upgrade work exactly?? does the proc scales UP as well??
    yes it scales everything on the trinket, that said though its hardly gamebreaking.. Yu'lon for example is 74 int static and 235 on the proc, making it around 145-150 int gain, which is around the same as upgrading a chest, leg or head would result..

10+ Year Old Account
    BiS Heroic Items first, followed by something that will not be replaced within the next month with your guild's current progress.
    Weapons first because weapons upgraded grant spellpower, as well as int, hit, crit etc.
    2nd would be trinkets, increasing the proc amount of the trinket or on use amount on the trinket, as well as the passive buff, Int/haste/crit etc.
    Next would be tier, as these usually take the least amount of time to get, or the most. Big pieces such as legs, chest, and helm, for they hold the most stats and are the larger upgrade.
    Next in line is belt, a good belt will not be replaced quickly in heroic, for they are needed by all casters and are pretty far into heroic content, usually 2nd to last boss. Followed by Gloves, Shoulders, Boots.
    Necks and Rings and Off Hands should be last, because they're pretty easy to obtain in early, HoF, Terrace, and Vaults Heroic, and offer the smallest increase in dps. Cheers!
    Last edited by KoolKidKaos; 2012-11-28 at 04:54 PM.

My rule of thumb is to upgrade BiS, the exceptions I'll make will be weapons, from there I might just stockpile until I have a BiS item I can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    since i dont want to waste a new thread for it

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

i guess i should upgrade the DMC first too, right? i'm valor capped and dont have any bis items yet. also wont get any in the next weeks anyway..

Yu'Lon is Best in Slot for Fire until you get a trinket off the heroic version of the final boss of the tier, and as only a handful of guilds have killed that in the entire world it's usually a pretty safe option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    since i dont want to waste a new thread for it

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nthos/advanced

i guess i should upgrade the DMC first too, right? i'm valor capped and dont have any bis items yet. also wont get any in the next weeks anyway..
    I'd upgrade Heroic Spark, it's the biggest upgrade you can achieve. Also, you're less than likely to get something better in the next two weeks. Pending your raid size ofc, and composition.

Upgrade trinkets as they are the most important in lining up big combustions

Deleted
    I have personally chosen to go with my weapon first even tho it's lfr, since it gives me SP + Int, it seems more worth it for progress atm, after that i'm going with darkmoon trinket since it dosn't seem likely that i will get heroic sha soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolKidKaos View Post
    I'd upgrade Heroic Spark, it's the biggest upgrade you can achieve. Also, you're less than likely to get something better in the next two weeks. Pending your raid size ofc, and composition.
    i went with the DMC, but only upgraded it once because i was valor capped. maybe, but only MAYBE i'm lucky enough to finally get the sha-sword. dropped in our first id and everyone who wanted it already has it... but since i'm pretty unlucky i dont think it'll drop

I bought the 509 Twisting Wind Bracers off the BMAH a few weeks back. They were the first to get the double Valor upgrade and they are sexy as hell.