Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm on a PvE server and I love the idea of mixed PvP with this all. I was running along and doing my quests when I saw flagged horde and I joined in on the PvP action. It's different and I welcome it unlike most who don't like any change.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Suprise suprise. Another person that can't read....
    suprise suprise maybe he was typing before the mod made the comment?
    because there 2 min between the 2 posts

and you went completly offtopic to. so looks like you can't read either.

and yes i know i went offtopic aswell.

I think the new dailies are just another piece in the puzzle. Do them, or don't. No daily is actually a requirement. I haven't done one in 4 days. Been playin on my Pally. I'm sure I will catch up with them this weekend

15+ Year Old Account
    There's NPC town guards that are flagged that will also flag you if you attack them. They are not associated with any quest but people often pull them because they don't know any better. The best way to avoid attacking them? They're elite, don't attack elite mobs.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    It's simple. Don't attack enemy players. If you just attack the NPCs you will not be flagged. It's your own fault.
    Except for when horde guards randomly come and try to kill the fuck out of you. Then you get flagged even if you dont attack back, then a warlock you cant even see putts 100 dots on you.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on a pve server... At no point while killing quest NPCs was I flagged for PvP, except for when I voluntarily attacked horde players who were also flagged.

So NO, this isn't "mandatory PvP," this isn't "griefing taken to a whole new level..." PvP is not required. Either it's a bug, the OP attacked a guard instead of a quest NPC (or got too close to one) or he or she cast a buff/heal/Rez on a friendly player flagged for PvP which will, like always, flag you for PvP.

It's amazing how quickly players freak out over some perceived harm they haven't really bothered to look in to.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm on a pve server... At no point while killing quest NPCs was I flagged for PvP, except for when I voluntarily attacked horde players who were also flagged.

So NO, this isn't "mandatory PvP," this isn't "griefing taken to a whole new level..." PvP is not required. Either it's a bug, the OP attacked a guard instead of a quest NPC (or got too close to one) or he or she cast a buff/heal/Rez on a friendly player flagged for PvP which will, like always, flag you for PvP.

It's amazing how quickly players freak out over some perceived harm they haven't really bothered to look in to.
    Correct, i have done all the quests and never got flagged, the op either attacked the horde base npc or attacked a flagged player. If you are randomly aoeing crap its your fault.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mord View Post
    Correct, i have done all the quests and never got flagged, the op either attacked the horde base npc or attacked a flagged player. If you are randomly aoeing crap its your fault.

Because bugs effect everyone equally yes?

Because bugs effect everyone equally yes?
    Typically yes, they do. Unless the OP did something that none of the other likely 2 million players doing these dailies did.

fighting members of a different faction in a game who's main original basis was the conflict between said factions, oh the humanity! You've gone too far this time, Blizzard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Havent done them yet as its not live here yet... but....... I take it you are flagged by the new dailies (having to kill enemy forces etc). If so then yes, of course its normal. The idea is that you are supposed to team up with others and then when you are attached engage in world PVP. It exists even on a PVE server tbh (although its not that much). You do have a choice of being flagged or not on a PVE server. If these dailies flag you - you can choose not to do them. Some would say thats no choice, and I admit it isnt MUCH of one - but it is still a choice. Personally I am a PVE player who enjoys the occasional PVP - but I want to say WHEN I pvp by going into a battleground. I will not much like doing dailies where I am getting ganked either but I have to admit that noone is forcing me to do them.
    Sorry, but even as a "dailies are optional" guy, I don't like being force-flagged on a PVE server unless I do something really obvious like fly into Org/SW. Sure, I can choose not to do them and very will might make that choice... but server type should mean something. When people complain about this kind of thing on a PVP server we all say 'You rolled on a PVP server... what did you expect? Want to not have to fight the other faction in the world? Move to a PVE server!" Well, I'm ON a PVE server. I can't think of any other dailies that flag you for PVP automatically aside from those in Grizzly Hills etc which are explictly PVP subzones and those don't really advance the storyline. Of course, you can do the current quests once and then you get the story, but it still feels odd to me to have it like this.

Oh and as for the "... you are supposed to team up with others and then when you are attached engage in world PVP" I have to emphasize... it's a PVE server. None of that behavior is common on a PVE servers. If I wanted to have to do that, I'd be on a PVP server.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-11-28 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Typically yes, they do. Unless the OP did something that none of the other likely 2 million players doing these dailies did.

You clearly know nothing about bugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Exactly, just as entering any other city of the opposing faction does.
    Except that it's really obvious when you enter a city. Getting a yard too close to some NPC isn't as obvious.

I think this poor guy just isn't used to how PvP servers work and as far as I know for all intent and purpose Krasarang is now a PvP zone whether you're on a PvE realm or not.
    And why should someone on a PVE server even have to CARE about the PVP server ruleset?

I really hope at least half the allies i ganked these past 2 days cancel their accounts.
    haven't had this much fun since jade forest. The sense of danger while you do dailies is beyond awesome, it is war after all you know?

You clearly know nothing about bugs.
    A bug occurs when a certain series of criteria are met. If someone can reproduce the steps you did to have a bug occur the bug should occur for them too. If not it is a fluke and not really a bug. A bug is something that is fixable and if it occurs randomly with no rhyme or reason how would you fix it?

(BUG)If I do B-->A-->C and get flagged for PvP every time that is a bug. If you do B-->A-->C exactly the same you should get flagged too. Blizz can then find out why this order of events causes flagging to occur and fix it.

(Not BUG)If you do B-->A-->C and get flagged once and it never happens again nothing will be done about it. They may look into it but if its not reproducible they can't do much.
    Last edited by NightZero88; 2012-11-28 at 08:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bug occurs when a certain series of criteria are met. If someone can reproduce the steps you did to have a bug occur the bug should occur for them too. If not it is a fluke and not really a bug. A bug is something that is fixable and if it occurs randomly with no rhyme or reason how would you fix it?

So the bug that didn't allow some people to connect on launch wasn't a bug because it didn't effect everyone?

How about error 37 for diablo? I play all the first week and never once seen that error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite happy i enjoy this so much, to annoy the PVE players *evil grin* There are literally whole PVP guilds currently chasing PVE players there been waiting for world PVP in what ever form for quite a while. Even if its just griefing.

On the topic about the legendary where did it ever say PVP players do not deserve a legendary? Or that a legendary shouldnt mean you have to do all aspects of the game?

PS: A smart PVE player should not attack a PVP flagged player, if you are to silly to do so or not careful you get what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get better at PvP and do dailies with friends... if not, quit.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

So the bug that didn't allow some people to connect on launch wasn't a bug because it didn't effect everyone?

How about error 37 for diablo? I play all the first week and never once seen that error.
    Either did I. Could be related to any number of factors. Your PC, your router, your service provider, etc, etc. Unless your system is exactly the same as another user that was having the problem and you did the exact steps as them then this is not the same.

In the game however the above do not apply in this specific example.

There is a reason troubleshooting bugs is such a pain in the ass. Because they really can be caused by darn near anything and are hard to reproduce (sometimes).

10+ Year Old Account
    People go on a PvE server but are forced to PvP? Kinda ridiculous. I'm on a PvP server and I accept the PvP that goes on but if it's PvE? Yeah that's fair enough to bitch, you chose that realm to avoid the ganking and should continue to have a non-ganking experience.