Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    There is something I don't understand about the ending.

The First Civilization failed to protect Earth from the solar flare or w/e it was. Why did releasing Juno save the Earth. Assuming she caused that green Aurora Borialis thing (I assume it was a shield of some kind?), why couldn't the Precursors do something similar?
    Maybe they needed Juno for this but decided not to release her due to the danger of enslaving humanity. Also Minerva said "THEY will enslave your kind". They, not she. Makes a big difference. Maybe Juno will try to contact the others of their race. She might be powerful but I doubt that she would be able to conquer the entire human race alone.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-11-08 at 08:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It sounded like a sanctity of life thing to me. Since it killed the person activating it.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

KUKUKUKUKU. Check out what I got today.

Got the Assassin's Creed I never got to pick up because of hurricane, reserved God of War, Tomb Raider, and GTA5, and also they gave me one of those scopes for preordering at Target. (I went to Gamestop before Target to try and get the toy but it was closed, thank god, I prefer Target.)

Oh and I know this isn't the right place for this kind of thing but meh it's okay, I don't think anyone minds.

Uhhhh if anyone wants to make a Megathread for Tomb Raider or God of War, that'd be cool. I'll make one some time later as soon as I compile some information, otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished The game, there were a few nice twist, even the ending but wasn't really a fan of it killing off the only one who can use the animus (for our pov) or the fact it seemed they choose to go with the mass effect ending by "killing" him..but still really hoping for more of this game I would hate if it just leaves us with Juno apparently winning this whole thing. On the bright side maybe we finally play in the present (or future) if they make more games.

Just beat the game....anyone depressed on Conner's ending? Loses his mother, betrayed by the people he thought were the stainless heroes, kills his father, losses his father figure, finally completes his mission just to find out there is no silver lining, the gods don't give a crap about him and oh yeah his whole village up and left and the people he help put into power are already starting to look like the last guys in power. And to think....that is it.....unless we strap Desmond's father in to get back to Conner that's his story.... Other then that great game and can't wait to see what they do next.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Just beat the game....anyone depressed on Conner's ending? Loses his mother, betrayed by the people he thought were the stainless heroes, kills his father, losses his father figure, finally completes his mission just to find out there is no silver lining, the gods don't give a crap about him and oh yeah his whole village up and left and the people he help put into power are already starting to look like the last guys in power. And to think....that is it.....unless we strap Desmond's father in to get back to Conner that's his story.... Other then that great game and can't wait to see what they do next.
    Well from the added epilogue stuff seems like someone retakes control of Connor so someone or something is strapped into it. As for Connor himself...no offense but he was a Indian..kinda knew it wasn't gonna end well for him.

I'm gonna get this game as soon as I get back to home and I wouldn't mind an Asian setting for next game. Actually, I would love it.

Sup, i'm gonna start playing it tomorrow, how many hours of gameplay (only doing the "main quest") should i expect?

:O Beat the game for Thanksgiving weekend. Ending was fucking unexpected. I never played other AC games but skimmed through the story plots on wikipedia.

'Bout Desmond: Holy fuck Desmond died. I mean, no one liked him, but I didn't want him to die lol. That girl showed up and was like "oh yeah btw if you touch that you die." ?!?!?!?!? For a whiny bitch who didn't even want to go in the Animus and complained all the way he sure took death well. I REALLY HOPE the AC story doesn't end here, even though apparently this was Desmond's last stop. Maybe they'll let us play Templar POV later?

Connor: Meh was typically expected ending. He ended up killing his father before Charles Lee though, that was a shock. I thought his Dad would be the final boss. That final ship battle was SICK AS FUCK. It was so hard too lol. I was kind of hoping Desmond was gonna bury the necklace in the spot where his Mom died though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    :O Beat the game for Thanksgiving weekend. Ending was fucking unexpected. I never played other AC games but skimmed through the story plots on wikipedia.

'Bout Desmond: Holy fuck Desmond died. I mean, no one liked him, but I didn't want him to die lol. That girl showed up and was like "oh yeah btw if you touch that you die." ?!?!?!?!? For a whiny bitch who didn't even want to go in the Animus and complained all the way he sure took death well. I REALLY HOPE the AC story doesn't end here, even though apparently this was Desmond's last stop. Maybe they'll let us play Templar POV later?

Connor: Meh was typically expected ending. He ended up killing his father before Charles Lee though, that was a shock. I thought his Dad would be the final boss. That final ship battle was SICK AS FUCK. It was so hard too lol. I was kind of hoping Desmond was gonna bury the necklace in the spot where his Mom died though.
    All the games have huge WTF endings like that. It may not seem like it out of context when reading the wiki articles, but it's kind of jaw dropping if you experience it in order. Probably the biggest WTF moment in the whole series is the ending of AC2. When Minerva talks to Desmond I flipped a bitch! Of all of them, AC3 probably had the most predictable, least shocking ending. The main thing that mindfucked me in AC3 was discovering that Haytham is a Templar.

I never cared for desmonds story, always played AC for the assassin's story. Connor as a character was great but the story was lacking, also it didn't really feel like a "war" other than the naval battles, ordering men to shoot 6 redcoats over and over again was not fun. It didn't feel as epic as they could have made the revolutionary war. The ending was abrupt and unexpected (not in a good way). Ezio's character, imo, is better than connors as he has actual love interests and multiple motives that change over time. Connor felt a bit 2d. The only aspect of this game that I actually prefer over the others is that the free running and combat was a major improvement. The cities were boring and don't even hold a candle to the previous ones. The frontier gets boring really fast and it all seems the same, I found myself fast traveling the majority of the time, which is something I rarely did in the previous games.

Deleted
    I seriously like the setting way more than I did in Revelations.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodynamic View Post
    I never cared for desmonds story, always played AC for the assassin's story. Connor as a character was great but the story was lacking, also it didn't really feel like a "war" other than the naval battles, ordering men to shoot 6 redcoats over and over again was not fun. It didn't feel as epic as they could have made the revolutionary war. The ending was abrupt and unexpected (not in a good way). Ezio's character, imo, is better than connors as he has actual love interests and multiple motives that change over time. Connor felt a bit 2d. The only aspect of this game that I actually prefer over the others is that the free running and combat was a major improvement. The cities were boring and don't even hold a candle to the previous ones. The frontier gets boring really fast and it all seems the same, I found myself fast traveling the majority of the time, which is something I rarely did in the previous games.
    I had the exact same problems in this game. My biggest grip was how 2D Connor was, and how bland the City's were. I had my fun with the game, but it wasn't even close to how impressed I was with AC2 or AC Brotherhood

I am quite disappointed with the game that i stopped playing halfway through it. Connor is a terribly made character in comparison to ezio - he looks like an angry teenager with a ridiculous morality and i'm just disgusted playing him. I didn't like the way cities look. The might be historically accurate - but they're not even remotely as immersive and fun to explore as AC1 damascus was or AC2 rome was. And the story itself wasn't really going anywhere. The other thing that disgusted me is what they did to the assassin brotherhood. I just don't feel like an assassin anymore - i feel like a lunatic running around in assassin robes. AC2:Brotherhood really gave me that brotherhood grandmaster feel, where i recruited,trained and promoted assassins, sent them to missions and gave them orders. Here - my "recruit" is some french weirdo running around with a butcher knife, and he's a so called "assassin".
    I did like what they added to the game - the new rope weapon, naval battles and the "new" combat system.

It's just a reskinned AC2, not immersive and really not worth playing. The optional objectives aren't really optional.. in order to get full sync you have to get all optional objectives, the way it should be is you get bonus rewards that are just aesthetic for completing objectives, like a different skinned weapon or armor, not a piece to the story.

Deleted
    Okay so I finish AC 3 yesterday, and it raised ALOT of quesitons.
    I've been a grea fan from the series, and always understood the story, but with Revelations, and now AC3, I am confused.
    So, we killed lucy, but she said "someone else will travel with you, she is not yet in our sight".

- So where is this "eve" never seen her in AC3, so what happened there?

- Who is the "Sixth" they talked about?

- So we saw Jupiter, Minerva, Juno, they always guided Desmond, and now suddenly Juno is evil and she wants to control the world, and now that Desmond was at that glowing globe Minerva warns Desmond, while she could have way before.
    I am confused.
    Eventually you choose to release Juno and put mankind basicly to slavery again, aka everything the assassins fought against.
    SO haven't we just been Juno's bitch? playing into her hand, getting her to get free.
    How is that slavery better then what Minerva showed us, the whole, flare, desmond surviving and restarting the world and what not.
    Or did I not understand that vision properly?
    ALso, Desmond dying, it sucks in my opinion as he just came back to his dad, was hoping to see his mom, aaaaand they just kill him.

Anyone else thought this ending was a bit odd?
    I liked it for as far as I understood, but I'd like a bit more insight, maybe that will make me like it more, as an ending, or sequals after this one even?
    Because I think they said this was the last one right?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:38 AM ----------

also with desmonds death, what about the quote 'Your son, the sun....." from Subject 16, I mean maybe thats where the next AC continues? Because I rethought and cant seem but think that there has to be a followup.
    I mean all of humankind will be enslaved because of Juno release right? So it cannot just stop there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I ask that anyone who has spoilers use the spoilers tags? (mostly directed at Paintank)

Anyone get this for pc and actually able to play it? I keep getting freezes at loading screens and it's impossible to progress. First it was happening at the beginning when you go into the cave with Desmond(really Ubi? How the hell did that get through testing?) and then once more right when the little tutorial/refresher thing happens. It froze again after you do the opera house bit and I had to start over with the whole tutorial thing and lately my current problem is when doing the whole bit on the ship, after reaching Boston, it freezes as soon as it reaches the loading screen after climbing the crow's nest.

Seriously, am I just that unlucky or is did Ubisoft not give the slightest shit about this game? My pc is more than good enough to play this btw so I doubt it's anything that has to do with having an underpowered pc. I've updated drivers and done what I could but it's still freezing :\ I'm tempted to try and send it back and get the 360 version.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:18 AM ----------

The freezing wouldn't be so bad if there was a quicksave function like every pc game has, but Ubi feels like AC is beyond that or something and that their autosave feature is good enough, but then they go and have AC3 run like shit so their autosaving, which only kicks in when you finish something, is completely pointless. I'd rather have Skyrim's lackluster autosaving(only when you enter a new area really) with a quicksave so I can at least try again at the point of freezing till it works, but there's no such thing so I have to do the whole boat sequence over and over and reach a roadblock every time.

Again, is there anyone out there who got this for pc and figured out how to get past these freezes?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Can I ask that anyone who has spoilers use the spoilers tags? (mostly directed at Paintank)

Anyone get this for pc and actually able to play it? I keep getting freezes at loading screens and it's impossible to progress. First it was happening at the beginning when you go into the cave with Desmond(really Ubi? How the hell did that get through testing?) and then once more right when the little tutorial/refresher thing happens. It froze again after you do the opera house bit and I had to start over with the whole tutorial thing and lately my current problem is when doing the whole bit on the ship, after reaching Boston, it freezes as soon as it reaches the loading screen after climbing the crow's nest.

Seriously, am I just that unlucky or is did Ubisoft not give the slightest shit about this game? My pc is more than good enough to play this btw so I doubt it's anything that has to do with having an underpowered pc. I've updated drivers and done what I could but it's still freezing :\ I'm tempted to try and send it back and get the 360 version.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:18 AM ----------

The freezing wouldn't be so bad if there was a quicksave function like every pc game has, but Ubi feels like AC is beyond that or something and that their autosave feature is good enough, but then they go and have AC3 run like shit so their autosaving, which only kicks in when you finish something, is completely pointless. I'd rather have Skyrim's lackluster autosaving(only when you enter a new area really) with a quicksave so I can at least try again at the point of freezing till it works, but there's no such thing so I have to do the whole boat sequence over and over and reach a roadblock every time.

Again, is there anyone out there who got this for pc and figured out how to get past these freezes?
    Ah yeah sorry for that.
    Anyway I have 2x GTX590 and run with freezes and all, its horrible, either I need drivers or ubi has to fix something, because when I run normally without freezes it runs 120 fps =,=.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 12:36 PM ----------

Btw, my freezes just end after a bit and I can go on, had like 4-5 up untill the end.

Does the PC version still have uPlay as DRM? And is there a decent online community? I'm debating getting it for Wii U or PC, but I'm really leaning towards Wii U after playing the other games on PC.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    Does the PC version still have uPlay as DRM? And is there a decent online community? I'm debating getting it for Wii U or PC, but I'm really leaning towards Wii U after playing the other games on PC.
    You need to sign on Uplay once just to register your game. The PC mp is kinda bugged since some people are able to get on while others cannot and the AC mp for PC tends to die quickly.