Deleted
    Sorry i mistaked addon's name: "NeedToKnow" is one i use. Not Tellmewhen. Any ideas? And what the real ID of Thrash debuff?

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    depends, depends, yes, depends, yes, yes, no, depends
    Someone might be able to give you some numbers and specifics here, but hopefully that gives you a quick start ;P I am lazy
    Err, yes, that's not gonna help me very much. :b

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    1. What i mean with having a spellcasters weapon is outdated, before the spell power scaling we had with HotW was so strong that having a spellcasters weapon during the proc gave us so sexy crits with Wrath and Hurricane. Only the % agility is very strong and i'm not sure if the Wrath damage we do is better then our normal kitty damage right now.
    2. You don't only simulate trinkets only you simulate with your gear equiped with only one trinket then you swap it out and compare to other trinkets, The trinket rankings are brought by Aggixx and if i am not misstaken i need to update those pictures.
    3. I'm not entitaly sure what PP value it self stand for but the more the better we see them when we make a stat weight in simulationcraft for example Agility can be 3 and Mastery can be 1 that means that 1 point of agility is as good as 3 points of mastery. Something that will change these are downtime on targets, multiple targets and movement.
    4. The 4set of t13 was change to whenever you use TF you gain OoC
    5. I generally use FB if i will have SR up for 3-4 more seconds that i'll atleast be able to get 2 cps for a new SR also if rip is at or above 8 seconds. Keep in mind this is with usage of SofT that i assume most ppl are using.
    6. Not sure without DoC but with DoC keeping a uptime higher then 87-92% is a dps lost.
    7. Don't hold off a Rip for TF to come off CD if it doesn't matter of a few seconds and Rip won't be gone for to long, Let say that you have 5 cps on target TF is 6 second CD and Rip is up for 3 more seconds i'd keep it down for 3 seconds and apply it with a TF.
    8. DoC is complex but sure is usable, if you have problems with it i'd suggest using Ovale with Leafkillers ovale script.
    9. If Thrash is up with 6 or more seconds and OoC procs use Shred.
    10. Depending on situation.
    11. You should not pop Berserk without Tiger's Fury.
    1. Then we need to find out whether or not it is still a DPS gain.

2. Yeah, that's how I would've done it, but from the looks of it, I got the impression that there was some feature to simulate trinkets only.

3. Sounds more like it's the amount of DPS they're worth.

4. I know perfectly well what the set bonus was changed to. If I wanted to know that I could only check in-game or using Wowhead. What I cannot check, as far as I know at least, is what the set bonus was changed from. That's what I'm wondering about.

5. You do that with 8 seconds left on Rip? How on earth are you able to get up to 5CP again, whilst also refreshing SR, before Rip expires?

6. Yes, I noticed the discussion on the last few pages. I could need an elaboration on the subject, though.

7. Sorry, I only understood the second half of that sentence.

8. I will eventually look into the rotation, but I won't be touching Ovale again. I already tried it, and it didn't work well with me. I prefer not handing my brain out to a script.

9. 6 seconds? So I can refresh Thrash below that number? I thought it was 3.

10. Elaboration would be nice.

11. You misunderstood my question. I wasn't saying anything about using Berserk without using TF. I was saying that in Cataclysm it was worth to delay the usage of TF if Berserk had a given amount of seconds or less left on its cooldown, instead of using TF immediately and having to wait another 30 seconds to use Berserk. For example, I'd rather hold off using TF if Berserk has 5 seconds left on its cooldown, instead of using TF immediately and having to wait another 30 seconds before I can use Berserk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arctagon View Post
    4. I know perfectly well what the set bonus was changed to. If I wanted to know that I could only check in-game or using Wowhead. What I cannot check, as far as I know at least, is what the set bonus was changed from. That's what I'm wondering about.
    The T13 4p for feral used to give you a free Ravage! when you used TF.
    They chose to remove this from the 4p because Ravage! was a spell that came from the talent Stampede and Blizzard chopped that spell from the game when they revamped the talent trees.

Seems like they finally fixed Dancing Steel. Got nearly 60% uptime every boss fight now and about 5x as many procs as before. Me like!

Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    The T13 4p for feral used to give you a free Ravage! when you used TF.
    They chose to remove this from the 4p because Ravage! was a spell that came from the talent Stampede and Blizzard chopped that spell from the game when they revamped the talent trees.
    Ah, yes! The free Ravage! proc! Now I remember. It only makes sense that they changed it since they removed the mechanic from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    Seems like they finally fixed Dancing Steel. Got nearly 60% uptime every boss fight now and about 5x as many procs as before. Me like!
    This is better than I imagined. Can't wait to get Dancing Steel on my own weapon. *waiting for upgrade*

Deleted
    Hmmm. Anyone know if theres any special effect for feral kittys, with the Sha Touched weapon? Like how priests get a Sha looking shadowfiend.. And heard some things about warriors get some special effect on execute? Any clue if theres anything for feral? In the new quest area in Wilds, I keep hearing some "Sha" sounding growl whenever In combat, but doubt its the weapon.. Probably just my sanity.

Deleted
    11. You misunderstood my question. I wasn't saying anything about using Berserk without using TF. I was saying that in Cataclysm it was worth to delay the usage of TF if Berserk had a given amount of seconds or less left on its cooldown, instead of using TF immediately and having to wait another 30 seconds to use Berserk. For example, I'd rather hold off using TF if Berserk has 5 seconds left on its cooldown, instead of using TF immediately and having to wait another 30 seconds before I can use Berserk.
    It's fight length dependent, if you've got enough leeway to merit delaying your berserk by 30 sec to use with TF/stacking CDs/hero then of course doing that is optimum. Take an average fight length of 7mins, you're only going to get 3 berserks in the entire fight. This gives you about a minute to play around with berserk without compromising the usage of TF.

The only occasion to delay TF would be if your fight length is something like 6mins 15sec, and your TF would come off CD after the boss is dead. Here it's obviously a dps gain to hold off on TF in order to squeeze in a 3rd TF'd berserk.
    Last edited by mmocc8f1ab597d; 2012-11-29 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    Hmmm. Anyone know if theres any special effect for feral kittys, with the Sha Touched weapon? Like how priests get a Sha looking shadowfiend.. And heard some things about warriors get some special effect on execute? Any clue if theres anything for feral? In the new quest area in Wilds, I keep hearing some "Sha" sounding growl whenever In combat, but doubt its the weapon.. Probably just my sanity.
    Nope, Shadow Priests only.

@Arctagon: It has been for a while and still is that you want to use them both at the same time 99% of the time. The only time that is not the case is when the waiting for TF to come off cooldown would clip your Berserk from the boss dying.

1. Then we need to find out whether or not it is still a DPS gain.
    If you have an equal item level weapon it is a small gain if you can do it at a time that will minimally impact your cooldown usage and bleed uptimes.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-11-29 at 12:49 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Nope, Shadow Priests only.
    God damn it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feline Grace View Post
    God damn it.
    Indeed.

Arcatagon i'll post you answer for those questions that where left unaswered when i get home.

Ah, yes! The free Ravage! proc! Now I remember. It only makes sense that they changed it since they removed the mechanic from the game.
    Ravage! still happily exists. For example 4pcs of PvP set grants Stampede every 30 seconds.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deng View Post
    Ravage! still happily exists. For example 4pcs of PvP set grants Stampede every 30 seconds.
    Indeed Ravage! still exists (also from Incarnation I believe), however the mechanic of it proc'ing from the stampede talent and also the T13 4p are now removed.

Will I get the most bang for my buck by using VP to upgrade my 2H weapon twice?

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Will I get the most bang for my buck by using VP to upgrade my 2H weapon twice?
    I would only upgrade pieces that are BiS with valor. Kripp made a video about the new valor upgrade system and stated that it would take us roughly 6 months to upgrade all 15 pieces of our gear fully. So yea, I'd only spend it on BiS pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Makaveli9090 View Post
    I would only upgrade pieces that are BiS with valor. Kripp made a video about the new valor upgrade system and stated that it would take us roughly 6 months to upgrade all 15 pieces of our gear fully. So yea, I'd only spend it on BiS pieces.
    Thanks for the advice, but I have an issue with that approach, namely that there's 3000 cap on Valor. Assume for a second that you don't have access to any BiS pieces currently; the VP has to be spent somewhere, so I was wondering whether anyone had done the math already to determine if upgrading a weapon was generally still superior to upgrading other pieces.

Also, call me optimistic but I believe that we'll see the next tier of raiding long before anyone has time to get BiS in all slots and upgrade everything... so I think it's a matter of choosing which pieces might yield the most in either (a) the very short term or (b) the very long term. I'd say the latter is harder to examine because you can't tell what VP gear will be added in the future, what armor slots you'll upgrade quickly once 5.2 raids commence, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but I have an issue with that approach, namely that there's 3000 cap on Valor. Assume for a second that you don't have access to any BiS pieces currently; the VP has to be spent somewhere, so I was wondering whether anyone had done the math already to determine if upgrading a weapon was generally still superior to upgrading other pieces.

Also, call me optimistic but I believe that we'll see the next tier of raiding long before anyone has time to get BiS in all slots and upgrade everything... so I think it's a matter of choosing which pieces might yield the most in either (a) the very short term or (b) the very long term. I'd say the latter is harder to examine because you can't tell what VP gear will be added in the future, what armor slots you'll upgrade quickly once 5.2 raids commence, etc.
    Easy to figure out, long story short if wep dps is worth ~ agility then the weapon is the best to upgrade by a long, long shot

Valor spent on your weapon will be almost 3 times as effective as valor spent on any other item.

When I did calculations for my gear it was more than 3.5 times, and my weapon is worse than the armor pieces I was comparing it against.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Generally look throught your armory and ask yourself,

-What iteam will most likely not be upgraded and time soon.
    and
    -What iteam is best in my armory currently.

Yes upgrading a weapon would give a benefit but looking at Polearm from Spirit Kings wouldn't ideally be a good idea since you got the staff from (Don't remember what boss but in ToeS) Especially now when the LFR wep beat normal MsV pole if you have access to the 500 stat gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Generally look throught your armory and ask yourself,

-What iteam will most likely not be upgraded and time soon.
    and
    -What iteam is best in my armory currently.

Yes upgrading a weapon would give a benefit but looking at Polearm from Spirit Kings wouldn't ideally be a good idea since you got the staff from (Don't remember what boss but in ToeS) Especially now when the LFR wep beat normal MsV pole if you have access to the 500 stat gem.
    That is my thought process as well. I believe its tsulong that drops the staff - I'm planning to hold off upgrading my MSV polearm because the staff is significantly better, plus allows the use of the legendary gem. Unfortunately that means taking a hit to potential dps until I get that staff, but the mid/long term gain is worth it.