Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    You're likely to use it pretty early after the pull ANYWAY so it's not like you wouldn't reset to low stacks to being with!

Deleted
    Not really a tip but something I've just remembered.

The buff you get during Gara'jal (Spiritual Intervention? Please correct if I'm wrong!) You cannot prolong with Alter Time. Made this mistake quite a few times, don't be like me!

You can't prolong the Sha of Fear buff either
    Do refresh your invocation BEFORE leaving the platform, so you don't have to during the buff duration.

Some TES tips:
    - you can steal cleansing waters buff from Elder Asani in the first encounter
    - if you have glyphed combustion, try to use early at Tsulong, as it fades from boss when phase change from night to day -which comes at 2 mins (or you may unglyph it)
    - same applies to Lei shi's bubble ("protect" at every 20%), it gots immune to damage, including combustion dots
    - when alter time restores your stored state, it completely clears the "dread shadows" debuff (i already reported it as a bug)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NPI View Post
    - when alter time restores your stored state, it completely clears the "dread shadows" debuff (i already reported it as a bug)
    i am/was loving this .

Btw does any one know if the combustion keeps ticking while Lei shi is invis? i do not get any visual ticks, but i do not know if its still counting. The bobble you can handle because it always come every 20% but the invis is quite random besides that she cant cast the same spell twice(i think)

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you checked if your damage is increasing on Recount while she's invisible? Otherwise, don't know how to answer the question, sorry.

On the second boss in Heart of Fear, if you invisi as he pulls you in for tornadoes you can avoid the mechanic and run from half way

Deleted
    the same things can be done with AT

Deleted
    You can remove the Wind Step DoT on Bladelord with Greater Invis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delabus View Post
    On the second boss in Heart of Fear, if you invisi as he pulls you in for tornadoes you can avoid the mechanic and run from half way
    I tried this in LFR and it didn't work for me. I was using greater invisibility.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

This won't help you DPS more in raids but if you're Alliance in the Ruins of Ogudai area doing the 5.1 dailies you can spellsteal Seal of Righteousness off the Blood Elf Paladins.
    This might seem fairly obvious, but what isn't obvious is that the game lets you have multiple instances of the same Seal of Righteousness buff as long as you steal them from different mobs and that it will proc extra bonus damage on every single direct spell cast.

Stack three or four of them and mobs will die in a single Arcane Missiles channel. It also works with Arcane Explosion so it's handy for quickly killing the Pandaren miners.

Deleted
    The same can be done Horde-side, on Alliance paladins.

Got a trick regarding forst spec.

To be more specific, regarding the spell Freeze, from your water elemental.

It's possible to get 2 freezes in a row if done correctly. Here goes:

After e.g. finishing a frostbolt cast, u cast summon water elemental. during the cast, u cast the freeze from your current elemental. This grant you the 1 charge og fof. Once you have summoned the new water elemental, the cooldown resets, thus giving you yet another Freeze to use. Remember however, that summon elemental has a channeltime, therefore ill describe the down and upside of this trick.

Pros:
    On a fight like Stone guards or another fight, where adds, or adds/boss are kept together, using this trick, will grant you 4 fingers of frost to spend very close to eachother.
    Finish your current channel -> cast freeze while channeling your summon water elemental spell -> cast 2x icelance, and use freeze again, use the 2 new icelances, and continue rotation.

Cons:
    On a single target fights, the cast time to summon a new elemental, will probably not even be worth it, since u could have thrown a frostbolt instead, thus not really gaining anything from this trick - however it's different on multitarget fights (read above).
    If your elemental dies, it's a great dps loss due to the cd, and the dmg that would have happened during the time untill u can summon a new elemental + the possibility of a loss of a freeze. (however, I have personaly experiences that my frost elemental has died 2 times so far, so at least on multitargets fights, it's worth the risk to gain 2 ekstra charges of fof for only around 1.20sec channel).

Use it as u see fit - might be very usefull in pvp too, I only focus on pve tho

So far I can only see the use for this trick, in the multitarget fights as mentioned.
    If u discover other ways to use this and make benefit for it, in pve envoirement, plz report back.
    We might experience a fix of this trick as well, however, as I know some ppl are already aware of it, and might have forwarded the "bug" to Blizzard.

I think that would be classified as exploiting and could potentially get you banned. So I'm not gonna use the trick but I guess it up to each individual if he or she wants to risk it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrion View Post
    I think that would be classified as exploiting and could potentially get you banned. So I'm not gonna use the trick but I guess it up to each individual if he or she wants to risk it.
    Hardly sounds like exploiting. He's just cleverly using certain spells; very unlikely to get banned from it. Maybe a hotfix will come soon to keep the cd on freeze when you summon the new water elemental, but other from that, nothing too serious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azzastar View Post
    Hardly sounds like exploiting. He's just cleverly using certain spells; very unlikely to get banned from it. Maybe a hotfix will come soon to keep the cd on freeze when you summon the new water elemental, but other from that, nothing too serious.
    it clearly is exploiting because your freeze is on cooldown when you summon your pet after (and not while) using freeze. i think the cd is snapshotted when you hit the summon button. wls should try that so we could be certain.

My Two Tricks To Add:

Heroic Elegon: Use Improved Invis as a soaker and you will not take enough damage to get stunned you can just walk back in right after the explosion

Sha of Fear: (Arcane Spec) Glyph Arcane Explosion: If you refresh your 6 stacks right before you leave for a platform when you land you can take 2 steps in and hit the Add with Arcane Explosion in time to save your 6 stacks. This is a huge DPS boost where it is needed. Gaining 6 stacks while trying to grab orbs takes a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Draagun View Post
    My Two Tricks To Add:

Heroic Elegon: Use Improved Invis as a soaker and you will not take enough damage to get stunned you can just walk back in right after the explosion

Sha of Fear: (Arcane Spec) Glyph Arcane Explosion: If you refresh your 6 stacks right before you leave for a platform when you land you can take 2 steps in and hit the Add with Arcane Explosion in time to save your 6 stacks. This is a huge DPS boost where it is needed. Gaining 6 stacks while trying to grab orbs takes a while.
    hmm i get my AC reset without glyph.

also sometimes it takes me like 10 good seconds for me to transport to the actual platform lol
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Quote Originally Posted by rhastadude View Post
    Also you could soak the sparks of titan in Will HC by timing blink correctly.
    Very nice trick indeed... but kinda risky, the time window is extremely short... I saw he cauterized once or twice but anyway job well done!

Well, I know a little trick for the Imperial Vizier fight... cast Alter time a few seconds before Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Moco View Post
    it clearly is exploiting because your freeze is on cooldown when you summon your pet after (and not while) using freeze. i think the cd is snapshotted when you hit the summon button. wls should try that so we could be certain.
    Summon Elemental has a cooldown, so there's no real exploit here. Your pet's CD resetting makes sense - it is, afterall, a new elemental.

There are, however, precious few situations where this is a DPS increase instead of a decrease. Concentrating on maximizing your personal uptime will grant higher DPS over the course of an encounter than successfully pulling this off every couple of minutes.

/2 cents
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!