Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Perma banned from Official forums

This maybe a long thread so bear with me.

/start qq

It all started with an WSG that I participated a few days back.
    We lost the match to Horde.
    At the end of the match I saw a druid with 0 dmg 0 heal but with max honor gained.
    Puzzled and in order to know how he did I created a lvl 1 toon in his server after that match and asked him how he did that.
    He said that he always stays stealthed and roams around where ppl fight.
    (Most dps wont have the "Friendly Units" name tag enabled in BGs..generally only healers will have that enabled so as to see who is getting attacked.As such you can safely hide behind a rock without provoking any suspicion from fellow player)
    As such he was garnering the most honor from kills by players around him but he was not doing anything at all.

Amazed at that i tried doing the same (in my feral druid) in a WSG and in another TP match.
    True to his words, I got the most honor for doing nothing..absolutely nothing.

I took the screenshots of me getting the max honor in both the matches and put it in the forums.
    They banned for me that !
    I was trying to raise awareness about an exploit using which stealthies can farm honor easily and without any repercussions
    And I was banned for that and that too a perma ban.

Just thought of venting out aloud.
    Not sure whether I will be banned here also.

/end qq

Deleted
    Knowing Blizzard's mods, it probably had something to do with the way you worded it. I've contributed to exposed exploit threads on there a couple of times before but never been banned or even warned for it.

Can you link the original thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt they "perma-banned" you..

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone can do it, just stand next to people fighting, you have to remember majority of bg players are either bots or halfwits.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Maklor is correct. You don't go posting screenshots of other players and their ingame names on public forums. You should have made a ticket ingame after confirming the exploit, and send it to the "bug departement". While reporting the one that used it aswell.

Deleted
    game design flaw, not an exploit. Sure it sucks but if you dont like it - reroll a stealth class!

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    I was trying to raise awareness about an exploit using which stealthies can farm honor easily and without any repercussions
    And I was banned for that and that too a perma ban.
    There are many ways to inform Blizzard of ongoing exploits in the game. Posting "how to cheat" guides in official forum will indeed get you perma banned.

I'll let you figure it out why.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Unless you blocked out the name of the offender you broke the rules, it is not allowed to "name and shame".

What you should have done was to report him in game not go whine on the forums.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/il..._Juice_Vendor/

Yes, naming and shaming is against the rules. But it's just amazing how people line up to tell others they got what they deserved.

Then try to spew some shit about reporting something.

There are many ways to inform Blizzard of ongoing exploits in the game. Posting "how to cheat" guides in official forum will indeed get you perma banned.

I'll let you figure it out why.
    You should really stick to doing something you're good at. You're not very clever.

Deleted
    He is spot on though Gandrake. He got banned for spreading the knowledge of how to get everything by doing nothing, which can be considered a cheat or exploit. It makes me feel sick to know that there are players doing such a thing.. Yay for teamspirit, you guys fight while I stand over here and collect the rewards. No wonder people hate BGs nowadays.

If you're done spewing hate at everything and everybody, then I guess the thread can move on more constructively.

On topic, I consider the official forums the absolutely worst forum there is for WoW. The only people using the forum actively are kids or bored people, both of which have ways of granting you everything except for that which you sought on the forum. From what you've told us, you getting banned doesn't seem justified at all - but it's really hard to tell when we have no idea of what you actually wrote, or what you got banned for.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    You should really stick to doing something you're good at. You're not very clever.
    And you should stick your thumbs back up your arse to prevent you from posting dumb things.

What I said is the absolute truth. Blizzard has guides in the forums on how to inform them of ongoing exploits, and what the OP did is not the proper way.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

It might be "cheating" but it's not exploit. Stop muddling with terms.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Once I got banned for sticking up for someone whose English wasn't perfect. Go figure. Official WoW forum mods are quite ban happy at times.
    RETH

Deleted
    TLDR: I used some leeching, cheating method and got banned for spreading knowledge about it

10+ Year Old Account
    I got perm-banned in the EU-Forums for using the term "Blizz(T)ard".
    Guess I read the US forums one too many times. The tone seems to be a bit harsher over there, more so than the EU-Mods are willing to tolerate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    This isn't "cheating" in the traditional computer game sense... in fact it more a case of 'not playing fair' as it is 'cheating'.

In old school computer games a "cheat" was always something which modifies the mechanics of the game in your favour... like speed boosts, big jumps, unlimited money and such (yes I'm aware that in WoW terms they would be considered hacks).

People refer to this type of activity as an exploit because the person in question is exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair or unjustified advantage or benefit... in this case more honour for doing nothing than people are getting for doing something... which is clearly exploiting game mechanics.

Even if you don't agree with those definitions, you have to agree that exploiting and hacking are just forms of "cheating" anyway regardless of the fine details.

Join the club, been perma-banned for years.

(tsunami jokes after tsunami, kek)

Deleted
    Got permabanned during an error 37 threadnaut for stirring up people and generally acting like a moron.

Good fun all round and can't say I miss the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    This isn't "cheating" in the traditional computer game sense... in fact it more a case of 'not playing fair' as it is 'cheating'.

In old school computer games a "cheat" was always something which modifies the mechanics of the game in your favour... like speed boosts, big jumps, unlimited money and such (yes I'm aware that in WoW terms they would be considered hacks).

People refer to this type of activity as an exploit because the person in question is exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair or unjustified advantage or benefit... in this case more honour for doing nothing than people are getting for doing something... which is clearly exploiting game mechanics.

Even if you don't agree with those definitions, you have to agree that exploiting and hacking are just forms of "cheating" anyway regardless of the fine details.
    Your whole rant is wasted on me. There's a reason why I put the cheating under " ".

As for your exploit bit, this has been a well known feature ever since they changed the honor gains to apply on all nearby people because originally healers never got any honor if they didn't damage the target.

It has been brought up over and over again over the years and Blizzard has done nothing to change it. Thus it's a feature, not exploit.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    well imo actually its vice versa, theres nothing that he cheats while staying out of combat and stealthed 24/7.
    however, due to game mechanics non-intended usage, its considered as exploit. (as in gaining unintended
    advantage over other players due to game/BG mechanics).

well, maybe exploiting is a bit harsh, but wouldnt be surprised of that guy getting a 3days "note" from blizzard

Deleted
    Thus it's a feature, not exploit.
    If you believe that, you will believe anything.

Nice try though.