View Poll Results: will you partecipate in a class-action against Blizz for the missing improvements?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i have been tricked to pay for content that wont be in game so i have to be refound

33 11.50%
  • no, even if i agree with the reasonig behind.

32 11.15%
  • no, i find we are ok as we are.

222 77.35%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    everyting that is put on the ptr is not set in stone. so next time blame your self for overhyping on stuff that happen on the ptr
    The quote I linked a couple of pages ago was from 18th November, just 9 days before the patch stating it was to be included. I don't know quite how that can be infered as "maybe".

10+ Year Old Account
    All direct insults aside, this is one of the saddest threads I've ever read. If anyone in here, OP or those agreeing with him, are actually serious about this, I sincerely pity you.

Again, no insults, just... damn.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    Yes, but I payed and not played the game for some years now, and honestly i can get tired of it, at some point.
    The legal action was just a way to try to get some justice for the many many times this kind of behaviour has mislead thousands of players to subscribe.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're saying that the reason you want legal action is because something in production "mislead" you into subbing, or has the potential to mislead you into subscribing? This seems to be the basis of the argument.

I'm assuming you showed the EULAs, etc, to your legal department. (Out of interest, I'm assuming you're basing off European law, since you have literally no context for the area the action will take place in). This would presumably fall under "misleading advertising"*. Off the top of my head, that would follow under the Consumer Protection Act 2007, which is far far far too big for me to browse at Uni, but not only has no article pertaining to video games/entertainment but you are also misinterpreting the reasons behind the law. The law is so companies can't, say, sell you an exterior hard drive that is actually little more than a USB memory stick inside a dummy box.

*If even that. You don't pay for future content, you pay for current, the PTR is a "gift" and future patches aren't up for sale. The assumption is that there is something in current content that you are willing to part money to experience. I hate to say it, but caveat emptor always applies for the purchase of something based upon expectations in the future. Until it's in the live game, nothing is written in stone, and even though GC said it in a tweet, he also redacted it in a tweet too, so if one is acceptable confirmation, the other must logically be acceptable cancellation.

Again, creative differences, etc etc, but since I don't expect a reply to this message (betting it will be skimmed over entirely like my previous one), all I can say is good luck, you're going to need it.
    Last edited by mmoc95c4570f6c; 2012-11-29 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    The quote I linked a couple of pages ago was from 18th November, just 9 days before the patch stating it was to be included. I don't know quite how that can be infered as "maybe".
    because some1 from blizzard said it doesn't mean it would be in there.
    afaik it wasn't even on the ptr.

10+ Year Old Account
    because some1 from blizzard said it doesn't mean it would be in there.
    afaik it wasn't even on the ptr.
    Next to none of the questing content was on the PTR; that's always been the way especially with stuff they want to keep under wraps; Theramore's Fall pre-expansion was just such a thing in more recent times. What you're saying is falling into the "It doesn't say I can't" catagory of excuses. They could, and should have been more forthcoming, and I don't see how or why you would want to dispute that. And that's not just true for this questline, but for the other undocumented class changes.

Put simply, it's not good enough and we should all expect better, otherwise their communication wont improve if the likes of you keep apologising for them. They dropped the ball, it's that simple. I'm not advocating lawsuits, but it's certainly not wrong to provide negative feedback over something you're dissatisfied with - and in this case, I feel the OP is right to be unhappy about this given the information already diseminated by Blizzard themselves.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-11-29 at 02:20 PM.

As a warlock of almost 8 years, I would like to politely ask to move the whining elsewhere. Warlocks are in a beautiful position at the moment. Two removed spells that were rather clunky and unnecessary and a delayed green fire aesthetic shows no reflection of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    no, but it is an unfair way to promote a product.

Datamined info, and hints from a Dev that shouldn't have been giving the hints out .... not really promotion is it

vanilla wow manual said dwarves could be mages and that was what, 6 years later?

it's not illegal. it just sucks and isn't good for customer/developer relations

Next to none of the questing content was on the PTR; that's always been the way especially with stuff they want to keep under wraps; Theramore's Fall pre-expansion was just such a thing in more recent times. What you're saying is falling into the "It doesn't say I can't" catagory of excuses. They could, and should have been more forthcoming, and I don't see how or why you would want to dispute that. And that's not just true for this questline, but for the other undocumented class changes.

Put simply, it's not good enough and we should all expect better, otherwise their communication wont improve if the likes of you keep apologising for them. They dropped the ball, it's that simple. I'm not advocating lawsuits, but it's certainly not wrong to provide negative feedback over something you're dissatisfied with - and in this case, I feel the OP is right to be unhappy about this given the information already diseminated by Blizzard themselves.
    99% of the communication of companys is bad. and some whine people that go trow around lawsuits ain't going help it improve.
    and on the front page is a tweet that says it will be in 5.2. so they did communicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    99% of the communication of companys is bad. and some whine people that go trow around lawsuits ain't going help it improve.
    and on the front page is a tweet that says it will be in 5.2. so they did communicate.
    After the fact about the questline, yes. And even now they've backpeddled yet further. What about the changes to Cursed Auras/Mannoroth's Fury; Chaos Bolt/Sacrifice; Dark Soul becoming a Curse and the other game-changing but undocumented mechanics?

The communication is self evidently poor and bordering on chaotic. Stop excusing it.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    *shakes walking stick* Well back in my day, when you didn't like a video game, you just stopped playing it. No silly law suits, no pretending that they game company is out to get you. You just stopped playing it.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    If you don't like the food you get when going to a given restaurant, just don't go back anymore and find another one you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    They Communicated after the patched dropped.

If Xelnath, was still around we would have heard of this before the patched hit and got a nice little comment saying that its not ready. We would be sad about it and then we would get over it. Just like we will now.

I have no problem with it being delayed. I have an issue with not being told about something that we have been excited about since the first time that codex was data mined. Honestly I could care less that butt load of information on pet battles. But Blizz knows that there are alot of people that are very into them, so they let them know about the changes.

To me it feels like without a Dev like Xelnath with a finger on the warlock community's pulse, they don't know how to behave with us.

Long term, we will all forget about this in a week, so don't stress about something so small.

After the fact about the questline, yes. And even now they've backpeddled yet further. What about the changes to Cursed Auras/Mannoroth's Fury; Chaos Bolt/Sacrifice; Dark Soul becoming a Curse and the other game-changing but undocumented mechanics?

The communication is self evidently poor and bordering on chaotic. Stop excusing it.
    i don't know all the change they made to warlock since i play him once on a bluemoon.
    but there are more changes that didn't make it to the patch notes. just like every other patch.

and no i'm not defending blizzard or making excuses for them. i just find it strange people go apeshit on a non official forum and going in lawsuits for change that didn't make it to the patch notes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 04:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    They Communicated after the patched dropped.

If Xelnath, was still around we would have heard of this before the patched hit and got a nice little comment saying that its not ready. We would be sad about it and then we would get over it. Just like we will now.

I have no problem with it being delayed. I have an issue with not being told about something that we have been excited about since the first time that codex was data mined. Honestly I could care less that butt load of information on pet battles. But Blizz knows that there are alot of people that are very into them, so they let them know about the changes.

To me it feels like without a Dev like Xelnath with a finger on the warlock community's pulse, they don't know how to behave with us.

Long term, we will all forget about this in a week, so don't stress about something so small.
    xelnath was a nice guy. but i'm 100% sure blizzard didn't pay him to post stuff on mmo-c.

because no other class got him. and xelnath also leaked some info. that why most devs won't burn there fingers on posting stuff on fan sites.
    because it could back fire nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Loki- I agree, But I am still hopeful that the what he did here would help pave new ground to the way the Devs communicate with us. Maybe not necessarily to the extent that Xel did but at least for those issues that the community is passionate about.

Hell Twitter could be considered a fan-site at this point as its not the 'Official WoW Website' and the devs use it pretty regularly to communicate things .

@Loki- I agree, But I am still hopeful that the what he did here would help pave new ground to the way the Devs communicate with us. Maybe not necessarily to the extent that Xel did but at least for those issues that the community is passionate about.

Hell Twitter could be considered a fan-site at this point as its not the 'Official WoW Website' and the devs use it pretty regularly to communicate things .
    twitter is indeed kinda like a fan site. and there is more info to be found on twitter then on the official forums.

Deleted

You mean, get fired for it? Yeah, can see loads of 'em rushing to MMO-C in the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    You mean, get fired for it? Yeah, can see loads of 'em rushing to MMO-C in the future
    If you read any of his last few post here on MMO-C you would see that he didn't get fired specifically for posting here. Sure it added fuel to the fire, but there were many other things the contributed to his eventual termination.

Incoming Cliche argument, Blizzard is a business. Good businesses will adapt to their customers if they find that things are working. If Blizzard took nothing out of this then that sucks. Personally even when Xel posted here with vague hints and fun musings I felt like what we said mattered. And that's all I really want.

Deleted
    If you read any of his last few post here on MMO-C you would see that he didn't get fired specifically for posting here. Sure it added fuel to the fire, but there were many other things the contributed to his eventual termination.

Of course it was just 1 of a number of things...but if your colleague had been fired from the same job as you do, and 1 of the reasons why was effectively "leaking stuff on the internet" .... would you be on here now? Really?

As for you cliche bit....do you think kit's just Blizzard that doesn't let it's employees leak internal development ideas? Do you even have a job?

Customer service, ie making you fell like you mattered, is massively different from what he posted before and after employee termination

Xelnath was wonderful but he did have the unfortunate effect of making this subforum feel a bit spoiled, it's not like any other class got to chat knowingly with one of the several people on their design team!