Thread: Ninja changes

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    PvP Mounts are now account-wide. Got Vicious War Steed on all my chars today, if you don't see it try going inside a dungeon and then out.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I didn't notice the flying one, but I did notice the LFR one. I guess people complained enough about having groups that would take forever to fill because no one wanted an in-progress LFR.
    and this change is complete crap. spending 30 mins in queue only to be put into a 2/6 run then trying to get into another waiting 30 mins again only to be put in another 2/6 then leaving and getting a 30 min debuff and waiting 30 mins again. LAME.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I'm the opposite, I am more than happy to yank that 90 valor for the final boss, reque up while doing dailies and then kill the first 2 bosses and if the party is rolling over the bosses pretty well I will stick around for another 45 valor for an additional 5-7 mins of work. If I get 7 dailies between each que I pull in 205 valor in an hour.
    I'd rather chain pull a LFD with guildies which also takes about 10 min to work, puts gold in gbank, and is just less frustrating than LFD scrubs (tanks on Will of the Emperor, Garalon kiting, ...). Or do a challenge mode, those are fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nonamexs View Post
    PvP Mounts are now account-wide. Got Vicious War Steed on all my chars today, if you don't see it try going inside a dungeon and then out.
    Thats a bug. its sending achievements and mounts to players who didnt earn them.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Thats a bug. its sending achievements and mounts to players who didnt earn them.
    I doubt it's a bug.The achivs that I got on my other chars were the ones that I already had but on my main.Dont see why it would give me the stuff I already earned just for the sake of a bug.IMO it's a intended change, unless you can give me a source of this being a "bug".

Deleted
    [Spirit of Harmony] vendor don't give x3 [Golden Lotus] anymore. Just gives x2. Don't know if this was a ninjachange, but I didn't hear anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephilia View Post
    I did find a new rare in the Badlands today... Doesn't sound like a patch change but I tell you, I've leveled at least 6 characters past those levels by memorizing spawn locations of all the rares in that area, and I've ran past that spot at least 100 times. There was also no information about this warp-stalker in wowhead. So if you're a hunter looking for a red/yellow warp-stalker pet, you're in luck.
    How so? You said it wasn't on wowhead and gave no information on it.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 11:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSociety View Post
    [Spirit of Harmony] vendor don't give x3 [Golden Lotus] anymore. Just gives x2. Don't know if this was a ninjachange, but I didn't hear anything about it.
    You need less golden lotus in their respective crafting recipes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSociety View Post
    A spit in our face.

Along with the old nerf of 100% movement speed when death , is another spit in our customers faces.

Blizzard: "go grind more"

Well, guess what : fk y Blizz .

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    A spit in our face.

Along with the old nerf of 100% movement speed when death , is another spit in our customers faces.

Blizzard: "go grind more"

Well, guess what : fk y Blizz .
    Why should you get the same amount of golden lotuses when every item that requires them needs less? How can that even make sense to you? Everytime Blizzard changes things that don't happen to fall in line with your individual desires(profit) doesn't mean they're spitting in your face. You probably don't even give Blizzard input.

Deleted
    Why should you get the same amount of golden lotuses when every item that requires them needs less?
    Because , you know , every flask still consume 1 ? I got 2 flasks instead of 3 ?
    And I need to grind more ?
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2012-11-29 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    and this change is complete crap. spending 30 mins in queue only to be put into a 2/6 run then trying to get into another waiting 30 mins again only to be put in another 2/6 then leaving and getting a 30 min debuff and waiting 30 mins again. LAME.
    After your first 2/6 if you immediately que up then you get put in a group that is 0/6 unless you go to another lfr or do this on another day. This is how it has been since cataclysm. Ever since lfr dropped I have done lfr every single week with at least 1 character (if not 3) and this how it has always worked -and- it has never taken me 30 mins to que up for a dungeon unless it was a holiday week like thanksgiving or it was 4-6 am in the morning when less people tend to play.

Because , you know , every flask still consume 1 ? I got 2 flasks instead of 3 ?
    Flasks have crashed so much that's barely even a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Yau View Post
    I always wondered why blizzard didn't put all the changes into the patch notes.
    Originally Posted by Daxxari (Blue Tracker)
    Quote Originally Posted by Popegorgeous
    Maybe I'm just ignorant of the reason here but is there any reason that the absolute full list of changes in a patch are not listed? For example, the stealth nerf to Spectral Guise, the change in pvp power as it relates to healing, etc. were not mentioned. Most of the times people have to find these out for themselves then wait for confirmation on their respective forums.

Any ideas?
    I compile the notes, so I should probably explain a bit.

Essentially, the development of every World of Warcraft patch is a highly iterative creative process. Like most creative processes, there's a little bit of chaos involved, with discreet sub-teams working on individual projects, but also coordinating closely at the same time, so there's always a frenzy of activity going on at any given moment. With that in mind, there's not one comprehensive, monolithic source of information on what's being changed. Instead, information needs to be solicited, provided, re-phrased, confirmed, re-confirmed, edited, and revised as the patch is developed and I compile the notes. That also means that if there's an omission, you can be reasonably certain that it wasn't intentional. It's also worth noting that, as the code changes to resolve issues and implement new features, sometimes things go unexpectedly wonky with older parts of the game.

I'm careful to compile the notes as completely as possible, but it's not unlikely that some things will slip through the cracks from time to time. Perhaps an item didn't follow a typical development pipeline, or something was fixed at the last second. And of course, there will be rare occasions when I simply make an error and omit something that should have been included.

In all cases, we try to make the notes as informative and complete as possible, while also keeping them relevant for 99% of players.
    I quoted most of it, but there's more that you can read at the source if interested.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302752#13
    via
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-notes/#post13
    via
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Posts-Fan-Art

The daily quest The Eternal Vigil from Golden Lotus now only requires you to kill 8 Shao-tien Mogu instead of 12.
    EDIT: more Golden Lotus quests seem to have a reduced number of kills required .
    Last edited by Oneru; 2012-11-29 at 08:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

To be fair, it seems they increased the likelyhood of being able to get Golden Lotus from harvesting herbs, as you find them randomly while harvesting other herbs now rather than having to stumble upon a specific node. The two changes combined very much go along with Blizzard's philosophy of getting people out into the world and actually playing the game. Much more so than having the most common way people get a particular herb being from a vendor.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

They fixed the portal in Shrine of the Two Moons: it finally spells Orgrimmar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    So we can make imperial silk only via song of harmony now?
    No other one is still there just makes a cocoon now that you open for the cloth and pets

Got a Tol'vir hieroglyph from a crate of fragments from Brann, yay. Never got one before (and I've bought a lot of crates so pretty sure that's new)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    After your first 2/6 if you immediately que up then you get put in a group that is 0/6 unless you go to another lfr or do this on another day.
    False. You can get group in progress in same raid right after beating last boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Volatile Seaforium Blastpacks now cannot open Ghost Iron Lockboxes anymore...
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA