Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Greatest Addition to Reputation Farming EVAH.

I like this. I like this a lot.

Even though the toons below need updating, I have too many alts to grind these reps on without going insane. Why do I need Cloud Serpents on every toon? Why not? O:

But on a serious note, anyone who threw reps of alts aside for whatever reason, this may be another time filler. Yay time filler.

Now if I can only get an experience commendation...
    Last edited by KelaniScar; 2012-11-30 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KelaniScar View Post
    this may be another time filler. Yay time filler.
    You just pissed off half the people reading this thread.

Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.

Deleted
    I agree that tabards should be considered for reputation gains. As it stands having to do dailys as the only source of rep gain is getting very boring.

This thread will not lead to anything positive. I predict "THEY'RE OPTIONAL!" and "THEY'RE REQUIRED" to be shouted back and forth alot. Good luck in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryzzen View Post
    Um, no, totally disagree. This is a bandaid to try and cover up the gaping wound that is dailies. Best addition to rep grinding, tabards. They let me gain rep doing what I actually ENJOY doing in the game instead of having to do tedious, repetitive, boring dailies.
    Back in BC, instead of Tabards, you got faction specific rep from certain dungeons, akin to tabards without the specifics. Ogri'la is really the only rep in BC that required dailies to hit exalted- you could do not a single daily for any others, and still hit exalted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

"Hey guys, what's up? Yeah, I just wore your tabard and killed everything in a hundred mile radius. So cough up my goat mount."

"We...farm vegetables. Really? A hundred miles?"

"Yeah, I'm totally hot shit."

Deleted
    Hmm you can also add being able to buy valor gear without rep.

I hate the tabard rep grinding. Dungeons are even worse than dailies to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certainly helps gaining rep on my alts, it might be a quick and easy fix. But at least it is something, and I'll take something over nothing any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Back in BC, instead of Tabards, you got faction specific rep from certain dungeons, akin to tabards without the specifics. Ogri'la is really the only rep in BC that required dailies to hit exalted- you could do not a single daily for any others, and still hit exalted.
    Running a heroic dungeon every day(which is what you had to do to get past honored) is still a daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Running a heroic dungeon every day(which is what you had to do to get past honored) is still a daily.
    Weren't heroics gated behind Revered reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Weren't heroics gated behind Revered reputation?
    Honored. (which you could get while questing, generally)

Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    Which you should have gotten while questing.....
    I cried when I realized my alt which had skipped some questing would have to go back and do it anyhow =/
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I hate the tabard rep grinding. Dungeons are even worse than dailies to me.
    Agreed. I'm very happy they went back to having rep attached to quests and dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally it was revered.
    Undefined animosity is a device of the spineless, the means of a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterilize View Post
    Originally it was revered.
    When? I remember honored....
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    NO! It was revered for a long time, then it got nerfed to honored. Can't remember which patch tho.
    And don't forget that HC's back then actually were hard, and could take over an hour...(Shattered Halls, Botanica, Arca etc...)

Blizzard has said many, many times that they weren't happy with people get rep as a side-effect of doing things they were going to do anyway, so I don't think we'll see a return to tabards as the primary means of gaining rep.

However, dailies do feel very alt-hostile. I'd still lobby for BoA rep-tabards purchasable at exalted so we can fast-forward alts without being set back to (almost) square one on the dailies grind.

They changed it from revered to honored in one of the later patches. And if you were honored through questing you were doing it wrong. Standard operating procedure back then, at least on my server, was to avoid as many quests as humanly possible and just run normals until revered, and only then do the faction quests. This way you got to minimize the amount of heroics you had to do. Because heroics sucked.