Deleted

Blood DK all over again?

Hey guys

My English is bad and I'm very sorry for that :/

I'm doing arenas for the fun. I may not be very good but I managed to play 2k+ 2vs2 and 3vs3 as healer, ranged and melee so I am not that bad

I leveled my disc priest to 90 right after finishing all the factions with my main (raiding as a mage) so my disc is not 90 for long

I'm currently at
    3788 resi
    2848 power
    462 ilvl (half pvp and pve)

my mate is a feral druid with almost the same resi/power.

we both do not have the arena-weapon yet (not enough conquest points this season)

We are at ~1600 rating atm and were doing our weekly arena games this evening and came across a weird team.
    Blood DK + BM Hunter

We finished the Hunter quite fast and without any trouble within the first minutes.
    after a total of 22 minutes i was oom (not the first time) and my kitten died. we managed to get him under 30% hp twice but there was NO way we could have defeated him.
    Is something wrong with blood dks since 5.1 ? Is it just the missing gear ? How can a blood dk do that much dmg (and as a result heal himself A LOT).

http://i.imgur.com/BwWvX.png

pls enlighten me

kite with bleeds up
    help cc
    gg

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the real issue stems from you questioning the almighty dk...

Yes blood dks are so dangerous now, with zero vengeance AP, our tanking mechanic healing 20% of damage received doesn't work in pvp anymore.

Clearly we're a giant threat and should be removed.

H-how the fuck did the DK do close to 3 times as much damage as your feral? Was he just standing there in caster form spamming wraths or what?

Playing blood myself, but not in arena since it just makes for endless fights.
    Had the same experience with a prot warrior/holy paladin. The prot sucked badly and i got to kill the paladin(i was playing frost). After that i couldn't really get the prot down. Got him down to 3-5% sometimes. We timed out after a while.
    He could damage my healer enough to be a bit dangerous, if i didn't peel him off.

Bit suprised that a blood should be able to out-dps your healing. There's a rather big diffrence between a blood in a raid having 90k AP extra from vengeance, and then arena.
    He doesn't heal more from his damage though. He have blood shield, that heals him fro 7% of his maxhealth, and gives him a shield for an % of his selfheal, depending on his mastery. Dancing rune weapon can double his damage for a short time, every minute.
    If your kitty has gone bear he probably couldn't have done anything, except waisting both of yours time.

Guess he had very good pvp gear with full focus on pvp power. tried to look him up to compare to your own?

Stupid question, but did you dispell his diseases, if possible? They help a lot on overall damage.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by Sinzaram View Post
    Yes blood dks are so dangerous now, with zero vengeance AP, our tanking mechanic healing 20% of damage received doesn't work in pvp anymore.

Clearly we're a giant threat and should be removed.
    Not to mention ya know, if they can't hit anything, they can't heal for anything major.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cat snare him, if needed - drop kitty form and spam wrath/smite etc - just keep out of melee with him and keep him snared, it's death strike that's keeping him alive - you can melee when the cat has a stun available, but get out before he can deathstrike again.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Cat snare him, if needed - drop kitty form and spam wrath/smite etc - just keep out of melee with him and keep him snared, it's death strike that's keeping him alive - you can melee when the cat has a stun available, but get out before he can deathstrike again.
    Double death grip makes it hard to avoid completely,
    1-2 magic shields,
    ranged stun(if specced into that),
    one stunbreaker/damagereducer, every 1½-3 minute depending on glyph(most don't have it down to 1½ min)
    vamp blood+blood pact,
    pet sacrifise.

Not saying it's not the right way, but still something that will take a long time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    He doesn't heal more from his damage though. He have blood shield, that heals him fro 7% of his maxhealth, and gives him a shield for an % of his selfheal, depending on his mastery.
    ok thanks for that information I did not know it was changed

so yeah i checked his armory now (he has a ton of crazy symbols in his name took me 10 minutes to find all in the ascii table)

11500 str
    7821 resi
    13978 power

that may explains why my holy fire dot did 81 damage (with his cds up) and his Death Strike more than my ferals Ravage

1-2 magic shields,
    one stunbreaker/damagereducer, every 1½-3 minute depending on glyph(most don't have it down to 1½ min)
    vamp blood+blood pact,
    pet sacrifise.

Not saying it's not the right way, but still something that will take a long time.

exactly the problem

You really shouldn't be having that many issues with Blood now.

They get 0 vengeance AP since a long time ago. Now they're stuck never getting more than 7% health back from Death Strike, and his Blood Shield is only based as a percentage of that capped 7% heal.

13978 pvp power o0

Guess you found your answer to why he hurt ^^

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 02:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    You really shouldn't be having that many issues with Blood now.

They get 0 vengeance AP since a long time ago. Now they're stuck never getting more than 7% health back from Death Strike, and his Blood Shield is only based as a percentage of that capped 7% heal.
    Was so before too. It's only a change to the tool tip. The change was implemented long ago

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    kite with bleeds up
    help cc
    gg
    Also you could assist your feral with dps. Just make sure to not let him in your melee range so he can DS. Also your gear is bit of a issue, not to mention dpriests are terribad. Or are they? Haven't logged on since 5.1, cba with the forced daily&farmCraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    kite with bleeds up
    help cc
    gg
    Your not gonna score a kill with bleeds up in bad gear. Sure, maybe with full epic gear + mastery stack you can do decent damage. But there is just no way a ferals bleed can do enough damage. As soon as the bleeds run out, the DK will get 1-3 death strikes off and heal up to 100% :/

The only strat I find usefull vs blood DK is just go line up a burst right after he pops hes defence, make sure he have used hes pet sec before you do. Zerg+Shadowdance thingy + trinket and naturs vigil + roar. Get a full set of "buffed" bleeds. Stun and spam the shit out of ravage while the priest / partner spam w/e he got. If you fail to kill him then, /afk

15+ Year Old Account
    1-2 magic shields,
    vamp blood+blood pact,
    pet sacrifise.

Right, but given their comp and the gear discrepancy - I think that's the only way they are going to kill what sounds like an RBG flag carrier.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

There is no reason to allow him to strike you much. Ranged damage is something he doesn't have a way around. You have either a pushback+snare, vortex, or an instant cast ranged magic snare. Use any of those to peel him and keep him slowed. Just assume if he gets close to you, that he will heal essentially to full. The cat should spend time either casting, or running around pillars to prowl and open with a stun chain, then get OUT. The only death strikes he should get should involve death grip.