View Poll Results: will you partecipate in a class-action against Blizz for the missing improvements?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes, i have been tricked to pay for content that wont be in game so i have to be refound

33 11.50%
  • no, even if i agree with the reasonig behind.

32 11.15%
  • no, i find we are ok as we are.

222 77.35%
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I don't get the part with blizzard not having explained anything. read the blue posts.
    They apologized for the delay of the start of the questline(not the end of it, which should be the same time as before), and they told why they removed our glyph in blue posts.

I have to admit that i laughed and looked gleefull when i saw the glyph, but i think it's fair enough not to give that to any class.

About him being fired. Not because of his work, but his attitude, from the rumors that are. That they fired him might be a cause for the delay anyway, but that's pure guesswork from my side, but considered locks current position all over i can't handle say they've been neglected.
    Go tank a heroic instance to see what i mean ;D
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Hence why it is a PTR. Views like this is why Blizzard is so hesitant to announce things before they are 100% final. If it isn't in the live game it isn't something you are being cheated out of. Things have been delayed through out the history of WoW and the history of gaming. Just because it is Green fire doesn't mean you can go cry about it now.

Seriously it is just a color change of a few spells. Why the crusade against blizzard lying and mistreating you? Did you do the same when they delayed Abysal Maw? Firelands from launch of Cataclysm?
    Way to use the full quote... namely this part.
    and then pulling it at the last minute without any kind of communication of that happening.
    I'm not actually so bothered about green fire, I've never been an advocate of it. I am however very interested in the new lore, and was really looking forward to doing the quest from that perspective; so yeah to log in, look for something and find out later it's been pulled really sucks. My bigger concern though is not the lack of communication about this, but the substantial number of significant changes that did happen but went under the radar - and these are all part and parcel of the same issue - a breakdown or failure of communication.

Probably the class with the least to complain about!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Way to use the full quote... namely this part.
    I didn't need to use the full quote to address what you said. That there is no excuse for announcing something and then removing it. There is an excuse, its called a PTR. None of the things Blizzard has announced that were going to be added to WoW has ever had a 100% chance of happening no matter what. They don't need to communicate that they are removing it in order for it to be okay.

Would it be nice? Sure, but it isn't a big deal at all. Why? Because it was something being worked on for a PTR patch. The PTR is subject to change any time without notice. And there are hardly substantial significant changes that went unannounced. But go ahead and focus on what I am or am not quoting instead of how it goes against what you actually said.

Besides changes not in the patch notes isn't a new thing. Undocumented changes were once very common. It is only recently that Blizzard has done a very good job at documenting everything that is changed in a patch. There used to be a time when every patch would have a fan site patch list that had all the undocumented changes.

It is nothing to get even the slightest bit upset about. And certainly nothing to merit "no excuse".
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-11-30 at 01:34 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Regardless the legitimacy of being upset about your class, a class action lawsuit for it is ridiculously hilarious. Like, beyond hilarious. You can be upset or not upset and I don't know or care about whether you're justified, but a lawsuit? Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I'm not actually so bothered about green fire, I've never been an advocate of it. I am however very interested in the new lore, and was really looking forward to doing the quest from that perspective; so yeah to log in, look for something and find out later it's been pulled really sucks. My bigger concern though is not the lack of communication about this, but the substantial number of significant changes that did happen but went under the radar - and these are all part and parcel of the same issue - a breakdown or failure of communication.
    It didn't go under the radar, but was told in posts and twitter. I saw it here before the patch came live, becuase i'm too lazy to follow blizzard, all posts etc.
    If you want to know things beforehand, look here.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    If you read any of his last few post here on MMO-C you would see that he didn't get fired specifically for posting here. Sure it added fuel to the fire, but there were many other things the contributed to his eventual termination.

Incoming Cliche argument, Blizzard is a business. Good businesses will adapt to their customers if they find that things are working. If Blizzard took nothing out of this then that sucks. Personally even when Xel posted here with vague hints and fun musings I felt like what we said mattered. And that's all I really want.
    Why do you want to feel like you matter? What are you missing? It's a game. I could give a fuck less if I matter or not. As long as I'm having fun playing a game, that's all I'm looking for. Not a single thing more. People need to realize that.

---------- Post added 2012-11-30 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    All direct insults aside, this is one of the saddest threads I've ever read. If anyone in here, OP or those agreeing with him, are actually serious about this, I sincerely pity you.

Again, no insults, just... damn.
    I agree with this.

While I was excited about the green fire quest and am disappointed it didn't make it into 5.1, I'm excited that it should all happen in 5.2 instead of being dragged out across multiple patches.

OP, you need to get a grip.

Deleted
    This thread has made me laugh, rather alot. While your at it, can you stop by Valve and sue them for no Episode 3. Then pop round to Lionhead Studios about all the missing features in the Fable games and the fact they are buggy as hell and have never been fixed.

I hope for you sake, the judge is a lock player who debated suicide after the quest not being contained in 5.1.

Content on the PTR should never be considered finished or definite until it has been released. You're at fault for doing both.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are crazy.

On top of that, the EUALA that you agreed to multiple times basicly says whatever Blizzard says goes and thats end of it. Get over it.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by justlols View Post
    What really bothers me, is that the OP believes that everything posted on the MMO front page is coming directly from blizzard's mouth.

1. the Cataclysm spell was datamined, in no way was it ever announced by blizzard officially.
    2. The Questline for Green Fire was datamined as well. In fact, it was datamined as a scenario. Blizzard Developers didn't even announce it would give green fire until yesterday.
    3. Blizzard said during patch 4.3 that their intention was to cosmetically give warlocks green fire through a glyph. The fact that they disregarded that idea and instead went all epic with giving it an actual quest line should show you just how much shits blizzard gives about the warlock class.
    4. Who gives a damn about what spec is best. Play the spec you want to play. I've been elemental since Vanilla in pve and pvp, been a good guilds and decent arena teams. In the end, its not about what's the best spec, but rather about the skill of the player.

Completely agree with this, very well written. The OP might be a troll or try his/her hand at satire. Thats all I have to say
    Going to McDonalds for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug.

No, because if you keep reading the rest of the eula, you'll eventually get to the bit that says 'we can do anything we want with our game, at any time, including promising you things that we cannot technologically do at this point, or don't have the staffing to do.'

An EULA is not a contract.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Your Class actions are belong to us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Probably the class with the least to complain about!

Just going quote this, so maybe a few more people see it and take it in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Stop complaining. You're class has gotten more attention then every other class combined this Xpac so far.
    No, just no and no again, and without a so called " Alex.B story " here on mmochamp, the ptr part and forum feedback would have been unthinkable ..

The revamp is not a " present " and many have quit, like the good old 3.1 GC crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    It didn't go under the radar, but was told in posts and twitter. I saw it here before the patch came live, becuase i'm too lazy to follow blizzard, all posts etc.
    If you want to know things beforehand, look here.
    The under the radar stuff I'm talking about is game changing mechanics.

Things like:
    - The change of Dark Soul to a Curse.
    - The significant buff to Felguard health.
    - The DoT effect on Chaos Bolt when used with Sacrifice.
    - Cursed Auras no longer working with Mannoroth's Fury.

Not all of the changes in 5.1 were on the PTR, some were but were shrouded in 'undecided yet whether it'll go live' talk, others were there but never mentioned or responded to over questioning over whether they were just bugs. All of which though are still unmentioned in the 5.1 patch notes but still carry levels of game changing importance.

If we don't know these changes have taken place, how are we to know if those changes are intended? How are we supposed to keep up with the design churn if we can only find out about things from third party sites after the fact?

Deleted
    lol, get real, you just got a total revamp in this expansion, there are classes that would have loved getting half the attention you got this exp.
    in 5.2 you even have a class only event cool as hell and you come out ranting like that? people are really spoiled.

I dislike how it seems as if people who have an issue with how Warlocks play now are either mocked as being "bad" or "not re-learning the class," or they are told to suck it up because Warlock's numbers are high.

Disliking a class mechanics-wise and how much damage they do is irrelevant. So is the fact that they remade our class in MoP.

Yes, yes they remake it, and now it plays like shit. Its indicative of a larger problem on WoW: Blizzard making entire specs around one spell. Destruction is Chaos Bolt (And now they're changing it, which is a nerf due to the obnoxious clipping).

Our class is ridiculously easy to play and overpowered. So we're getting a quest chain unique to Warlocks. So? That means we can't complain about how stupid the mechanics of the class have become?

Take Destro, it went from a tad too complex to absurdly easy and busted.

lol, get real, you just got a total revamp in this expansion, there are classes that would have loved getting half the attention you got this exp.
    in 5.2 you even have a class only event cool as hell and you come out ranting like that? people are really spoiled.
    This is a good example of what I mean. Great contribution.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I dislike how it seems as if people who have an issue with how Warlocks play now are either mocked as being "bad" or "not re-learning the class," or they are told to suck it up because Warlock's numbers are high.

Disliking a class mechanics-wise and how much damage they do is irrelevant. So is the fact that they remade our class in MoP.

Yes, yes they remake it, and now it plays like shit. Its indicative of a larger problem on WoW: Blizzard making entire specs around one spell. Destruction is Chaos Bolt (And now they're changing it, which is a nerf due to the obnoxious clipping).

Our class is ridiculously easy to play and overpowered. So we're getting a quest chain unique to Warlocks. So? That means we can't complain about how stupid the mechanics of the class have become?

Take Destro, it went from a tad too complex to absurdly easy and busted.

This is a good example of what I mean. Great contribution.
    you may dislike the changes, but threatening a class action against blizzard for a class only chain quest (which is in itself a cool and special thing, you should be happy about it even existing) postponed a couple months or something is flat out ridiculous.
    and again, you can think that the class is now oversimplified etc. but the fact that blizzard spent a lot of development time on your class is undeniable.