Deleted

Raid setup & giving out loot

How do you guys organise this in your guild? I'm more interested in those who use loot council, although I guess it also occurs with other systems too. The thing is, we have 15 raiders - 3 healers / 3 tanks / 9 DPS. We waste a lot of time in raids deciding who to swap in & out, because first we have to think "what loot do people need" then we have to think "who are we going to give it to?". It get's rather complicated with the amount of raiders we have, making sure everyone is in who needs to be.

Do you have any suggestions of ways to make this process easier? We were thinking of just making a thread with all loot from each boss & who will get it, then we can cross it off if they get something better etc.

Our raiders just decide among themselves most of the time with the raid leader having final say if it takes too long. It's all on the fly when loot drops or as we're approaching a boss if someone needs to swap in.

This is the general priority:

BiS > set bonus > upgrade > sidegrade. If someone has an especially low ilvl, that's also considered.

Deleted
    When the loot actually drops it is easy to make decisions, the problem is getting the correct people in for the bosses. For instance especially in HoF we often only have one possible setup we can choose that gets the loot to the correct people, but to figure that out you essentially need to know loot for all classes. I can see it being a lot easier if you just had 12 or so raiders but having so many just makes it so difficult >.<

We roll MS, then OS. Shards go to the guild bank since the guild pays for things like food, flasks, gems, enchants and repairs for the raid team. There is no limit on how many items one can win per night. BoE's are handled the same, yet sold if no one needs. Again this helps fund the guild.

Deleted
    If theres a piece of loot from a boss that only 1 person needs for mainspec, then that person should probably be in. Otherwise, just come up with a fair rotation and give out loot to the people who are there and dont worry about the benched people. Everyone will get BiS eventually, it doesn't matter what order it happens. Your raiders will probably want alot of rotations and splitting of the gear to keep everyone happy and as you got 15 raiders it makes gearing and rotating a lot harder, whoever recruited 3-4 extra players shot your raid team in the foot a bit there:P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    You or someone else in the guild could make a spreadsheet for the loot people need off which boss and just keep it updated.

I second the table idea. Get someone to make one up and distribute it around to raiders. Columns with (BIS), (Major Upgrade), (Minor Upgrade), (Major OS Upgrade), (Minor OS Upgrade). All boss names in the rows, then people just put X's in the corresponding boxes. Takes ~ 15-30 mins for each raider to do but saves your RL a lot of time as they can quickly look at it and see who needs which boss.

15 is a lot of people. We raid with 12 - 3 tanks (1 Tank only, 2 DPS OS) / 3 healers (2 Healer only, 1 DPS OS) / 6 DPS (4 DPS only, 1 Tank OS, 1 Healing OS).

We also have 15 raiders. I'm the GM, but I don't get too much involved with loot. We use a system of just normal /rolls, with the expectation people pass for one another if it's more beneficial for the other person (like replacing a blue is more important that a 489). It has been working perfectly for over 3 years now. It just requires a friendly environment where ppl put progress above their own gear.

We have a rotating bench list in case everyone needs gear equally (= progression nights), but we make some exceptions if essential raid buffs are missing, etc. For farm nights, we talk among ourselves who needs what, and people with little to no upgrades for a particular boss usually volunteer to swap out. Our loot rule is kind of a hybrid of council and roll - basically we roll with MS>OS, but we our leaders can intervene if the loot can be a clear advantage to someone over others. All of us are considerate of others so that we usually give loot to whoever gets largest upgrade out of them.

Guess we value fairness but at the same time we sacrifice a bit of raid efficiency.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the way we do it in our guild.

We have 10 people in a Team.
    We bring those 10 people each time on their best char.
    We don't care if that encounter would be easier if bringing along some other guy. We try until we beat it with our comp.
    When loot drops we need if it is MS greed OS pass else wise.
    The DE from the guild Allways waits on rolling in case no one needs or greed's so it can be disenchanted.
    sha crystal goes to GB which our raiders can take from free of charge.
    blood spirit gets raid rolled.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Halaberiel View Post
    How do you guys organise this in your guild? I'm more interested in those who use loot council, although I guess it also occurs with other systems too. The thing is, we have 15 raiders - 3 healers / 3 tanks / 9 DPS. We waste a lot of time in raids deciding who to swap in & out, because first we have to think "what loot do people need" then we have to think "who are we going to give it to?". It get's rather complicated with the amount of raiders we have, making sure everyone is in who needs to be.

Do you have any suggestions of ways to make this process easier? We were thinking of just making a thread with all loot from each boss & who will get it, then we can cross it off if they get something better etc.
    We use SKG

We're technically council, but realistically we let the group decide. We try and funnel virtually everything into DPS though.

Deleted
    We run with the same 10 people every week on the same character, it isn't the most effective thing to do as some setups would be so much easier if we swapped people but oh well.

As for loot, I the raidleader has the final say in where loot goes but our group value progress over gear and sort it out themselves really. As above poster said, we give almost all loot to DPSers.

With having a roster with more than ten people, the most efficient way will be to keep a spreadsheet updated with BiS lists (and second and third BiS as well, if applicable). I made my raiders do this during t13. It worked really well, but was a horrible pain in the ass to get everyone to take the time to do it, and was almost as bad to remember to keep updated.

Either that, or you can utilize a more objective loot distribution method like suicide kings or DKP or something.