Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Young Lady I Like (and she likes me) - What she wanted last night.

So we've been talking for a couple of months and we usually kiss on the cheek to show affection. However, lately she seemed a bit miffed at me. Ive tried seeing what was going on (for the past few days) and she finally opened up to me. She said that she wanted me to kiss her forehead before going to bed. How was I supposed to know if she never communicated that to me?

To the guys out there who are married or are further along than I, do you kiss your significant other on the forehead before bed?
    To the girls out there.. how do you receive kisses on the forehead, compared to the cheek or the lips?

I'm kind of new at this, so any and all advice is welcomed - I see her tonight so I want to make sure I do it right!

I'm confused...you've been talking for a few months but are giving each other bedtime kisses?

Perhaps elaborate on the situation a bit more.

It's a game. Just play along.

You take your lips, then move them to her forehead.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobywongg View Post
    You take your lips, then move them to her forehead.
    Pretty simple, lol. And you can't know, just play along.

Quote Originally Posted by munchkin View Post
    So we've been talking for a couple of months and we usually kiss on the cheek to show affection. However, lately she seemed a bit miffed at me. Ive tried seeing what was going on (for the past few days) and she finally opened up to me. She said that she wanted me to kiss her forehead before going to bed. How was I supposed to know if she never communicated that to me?

To the guys out there who are married or are further along than I, do you kiss your significant other on the forehead before bed?
    To the girls out there.. how do you receive kisses on the forehead, compared to the cheek or the lips?

I'm kind of new at this, so any and all advice is welcomed - I see her tonight so I want to make sure I do it right!
    Everyone's different and in the early stages of a relationship can be especially tricky in figuring out the little things. My wife and I met in high school (my second year her first year) and starting dating. It was around 6 months before we got around to kissing at all. Communication is important. Listen to what she like and be understanding and let things grow from there. As for us we dated for 10 years then have been married for 4 and now have a house, 2 kids (2 y/o and 4 months) and a cat.

For now if she would like a kiss on the forehead before saying good night and your okay with it go for it. And as things go and if you get confused just ask her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

This is obviously a joke. Seriously.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

You kissed the wrong spot. Trust me.

Deleted

you really should wait till marriage for forehead kissing.

I kiss girls on the forehead normally because they're ball gagged and handcuffed to the radiator...

...while being donkey punched, naturally.

Mm, you may want to avoid taking any of the above as advice though, but if you're a young couple it's all about experimentation and doing whatever feels right. Can tell a girl all day long she looks like diamonds and she'll still be convinced she's not pretty, but kiss a girl randomly on the shoulder (while scretching over to reach her) and it's the cutest damn thing on the planet.
    Last edited by Frazzle.d; 2012-11-30 at 04:43 AM.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it may seem out of place but i'll take a shot and it's probably pretty close. If I had to guess, it is probably something her Dad did when she was a young girl and it made her feel comfortable and safe. Typically, it's an emotional connection that brings her solace. That's all I can really tell you. Hope it helps.

The only other way to know why is to just ask her.

15+ Year Old Account
    The nature of the question riddles me. It looks like you forgot to type in the insanely perverted part about what you do before you put her to sleep. Or there's some kind of metaphor I didn't understand.

What she wanted last night
    ...was the D.

She wanted the D.

She probably still wants the D.

So get out there and give her the D. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    ...was the D.

She wanted the D.

On her forehead, too.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuljatar View Post
    ...was the D.

She wanted the D.

I laughed far too much at this.

OT: Most people have quirks like this. It's normal, if odd at times.
    "Imagine coming across a mentally disabled person who was not only drunk, high, but had a full frontal lobotomy leaving little to no intelligence left in their body.

He would be NORMAL, compared to me."

Forehead kisses, at least in my experience, make me feel safe? It's rather comforting, so right before bed, it's really nice.

She shouldn't be annoyed at you for not realizing... Unless she obviously hinted at it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like they are saying. If your comfortable with it and it makes her happy... why not?

It could be something as simple as she just enjoys that, or something like that her mother used to do it when she was young and it made her comfortable and therefore she relates it with being happy OR her just being a woman could be the answer.

I think... maybe you're doing things out of order. Your post gives the impression that you're either living together or spending the night. Either way, I'd figure you're beyond the kissing on the cheek phase, at this point. Unless you mean you're just going over until she decides to go to sleep. If she was miffed though, there's a good chance she wants you to move a little faster... and that's a good thing. I personally don't like being with girls who won't initiate anything themselves and expect the guy to do everything, but it's pretty common. Just roll with it and advance the relationship at a steady pace.

Deleted
    What the heck?