Thread: 5.1 Rare Pets?

5.1 Rare Pets?

So I was flying around Winterspring and I ran into a rare Rhino and instinctively killed it hoping it had some sweet loot, but it just had a green.

Then I realized that Rhinos aren't supposed to exist before Northrend. So I checked out Petopia and learned that tons of new rares were added, some with unique skins, some just allowing you to get them earlier (like the Rhino) or in an easier way (like the Chromatic Corehound).

My question is this: do any of them drop any useful loot (special gear or vanity pets) besides a green or a tear or loyalty? It'd be nice to know which I should keep an eye out for and which I should just leave be.

Also, anybody got any of them? Enjoying them? I think the most frustrating part is still no more stable space. I have full stable space with all unique skinned pets from northrend/cata and a few others. I can't part with them!

yeah i would like to know what pets have been implemented, a friend told that yes, some rares were implemented. petopia says nothing but there are some new looks and some rares but no pics yet.

did anyone catch any of them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bkw View Post
    petopia says nothing
    Oh really? <_<

http://www.wow-petopia.com/pandaria/patch51.html
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewto...p?f=43&t=19313
    http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewto...p?f=43&t=19417

The information has been there for ages.

I'm assuming they just drop loot for their level range, so nothing useful. I tried going for Acroniss yesterday, and lo and behold, due to CRZ, at least 5 people were there when I went, none of my server. -_- I'll get him eventually. And yeah, stable space is becoming a huge issue and I honestly don't see the problem in expanding it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirohibiki View Post
    And yeah, stable space is becoming a huge issue and I honestly don't see the problem in expanding it.
    I would trade my soul for more stable space but Ghostcrawler specifically said they wouldn't do that. Their reason was that ''pets should be used for their group utility and not as collectors items''. You'd think they would understand after seeing the whole Hunter community go out of their way to tame very specific mobs with special looks.

Anyway I got Nighthowl by logging out in his spawn point and logging in as the server came up while spamming a auto-target Nighthowl and tame pet macro. Been trying to get Sunwing for ages now but there are always loads of people from different servers camping him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    ''pets should be used for their group utility and not as collectors items''
    They say this, then they release a bunch of new unique skinned pets. Mixed messages much?

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    They say this, then they release a bunch of new unique skinned pets. Mixed messages much?
    You are supposed to get the pets you really like. Not collect every pet. They want to give you options.

I think he said something more along the lines of "hunters aren't crazy cat ladies" (which I am), and that "we can expand it to a certain point but don't want it to be a 'list' to fill out". And that it should be a "choice". Yeah, I had to make a tough decision last night and let the first spirit beast I ever got go to get an arcane wyrm. I wasn't happy about it, but I made my "choice". I understand what he's trying to say but I definitely disagree with it. I had been hoping for at least 75 slots for when MoP came out, and when that didn't happen, at least 50 for this patch. That didn't happen either, and quite frankly I'm slightly boggled by it. I didn't think it was /that/ big of a deal, especially when they have tons of unique skins for us.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 10:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You are supposed to get the pets you really like. Not collect every pet. They want to give you options.
    And what of us that "really like" more than 25 pets? Therein the problem lies.

All Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms rares drop a single green. It's been like that forever.

my bad then lol, cool looks though.

edit: wow there are so many goodlooking pets, we should try hard making blizz increase the ammount of stable slots.. there are many awesome pets going around
    Last edited by bkw; 2012-11-30 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    I tend to want the keep the ones that took a decent amount of effort to find, which leaves little room for ones I think are pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    All of these new pets make me sad I don't play. I loved collecting pets on my hunter.

Cool to see that they put in another tameable mob with Chromaggus's skin. Was my favorite pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    I tend to want the keep the ones that took a decent amount of effort to find, which leaves little room for ones I think are pretty.
    Agreed. I want some of the new skins but I can't make myself abandon things like my spirit beast collection and my favorite madexx.

It's really annoying keeping the pets I worked hard for and also trying new skins out as well as bringing all the necessary raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Agreed. I want some of the new skins but I can't make myself abandon things like my spirit beast collection and my favorite madexx.

It's really annoying keeping the pets I worked hard for and also trying new skins out as well as bringing all the necessary raid buffs.
    I know. What exactly does a stable limit bring to the table as far as fun and compelling gameplay go?

I can see GC's point about not wanting hunters to tame every single pet there is, but another page of stable slots would not hurt anything at all. I got rid of 6 or 7 pets yesterday to make room for some of these newer ones and it hurt a bit lol. Hopefully next content patch we get some more stable slot love.

On a brighter note, I caught all of the cool looking pets that I wanted (the last one being Quall this morning). The art team really did a good job on some of these new skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    old area rares always droped a green item, outland+ rares drop blue

Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    old area rares always droped a green item, outland+ rares drop blue
    I have encountered a few old area rares that drop specific blues still.