Page 1 of 2
LastLast

mage=free 2.2k this season no skill at all

tsg right now and we only lost vs mage comp

switch dk with enh
    get druid healer(if you dont already)

free 2.4

Someone could say the same thing about tsg if you only lose against mage teams. Then again 2.2k is "free" anyway.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    You shouldnt have major issue against 5.1 mage
    But if you meet that many mage, switch the DK for a feral
    Insane dmg/burst, perma immune root/snare, symbiosis allow the team to have 2 shattering thrown, including one instant cast, negating both iceblock, tunnel the mage from beginning to end, collect points, enjoy free 2k4

The only downside to that is that I barely see caster comp anymore since 5.1, probably just bad luck

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbynator View Post
    Then you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    You want to be rid of that DK for something with better mobility and CC. In other words a feral.

15+ Year Old Account
    Exactly the reason they should have never made Frost spec PvE viable.
    "If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

I don't see how anyone loses to a mage team if they just focus on the mage........If somehow they do manage to CC 2 of your team, then just have the 3rd pop defensives when the mage blows his offensive CDs. The rest of the time, if your team is doing it right, the mage's damage is complete garbage if they are getting trained.

pvp unholy is so boring that why i dont play pvp in cata hate unholy as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    Exactly the reason they should have never made Frost spec PvE viable.
    I really never understood this. There's plenty of specs that aren't pve viable but strong in pvp. Why do frost mages HAVE to pve viable?
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I really never understood this. There's plenty of specs that aren't pve viable but strong in pvp. Why do frost mages HAVE to pve viable?
    Because honestly, the game's more interesting with more specs in the game.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Erm because its a pve game?

Deleted
    I am not great at arena first and foremost, just play with friends in crap comps for fun, and i just get buttraped by mages, it's not even remotely funny anymore. I have never come across a mage that did anything different at my arena rating and yet they keep bursting me down like theres no tomorrow. Maybe blizz could take a look at their burst I mean chaos bolt got a dot now cause the burst was too high and its a 2,7 sec cast yet I have seen icelances for the same amounts hit and those are just globals.

Deleted
    I noticed in WOTLK that the difference between average mages and great mages was fairly indiscernible, the trend hasn't really changed from there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I noticed in WOTLK that the difference between average mages and great mages was fairly indiscernible, the trend hasn't really changed from there.
    The skill difference between a great mage and average mage in WotLK was probably one of the highest it has ever been on any spec. In cata the difference was already pretty small and now there's basically no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    The skill difference between a great mage and average mage in WotLK was probably one of the highest it has ever been on any spec. In cata the difference was already pretty small and now there's basically no difference.
    Yeah this. Mage skillcap was pretty damn huge in WotLK - and carried on for a while in Cata but slowly got more and more braindead the more they nerfed frostbolt and buffed icelance...

to the point where it wasn't worth casting frostbolt at all anymore, and was just icelance / spellsteal spam and setting up deeps. Now it revolves pretty much around the ability to setup frost bomb shatters, which honestly isn't that hard.

Any setup without a DK is free 2.2k anyways. If you play or play with a dk , you need to be really good to achive what avarage mage players/teams going for.

No CC. No armor reduction. No Surv except AMS (doesnt work against physical)

The problem is not the mages , it's that you are playing with a dk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranaas View Post
    Any setup without a DK is free 2.2k anyways. If you play or play with a dk , you need to be really good to achive what avarage mage players/teams going for.

No CC. No armor reduction. No Surv except AMS (doesnt work against physical)

The problem is not the mages , it's that you are playing with a dk.
    TSG is really good atm what I've heard, idk about other dk comps though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aryd View Post
    You want to be rid of that DK for something with better mobility and CC. In other words a feral.
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by VelmuVeera View Post
    TSG is really good atm what I've heard, idk about other dk comps though.
    tsg is decent, not great. its really running on how stupid warriors are right now however.
    dks have great damage, but their survivability and mobility are really crappy.

its probably the best dk comp atm, PHS isn't strong because now that they've fixed the hunter bugs their damage isn't great. ret/dk/priest dosn't work with out a priest. ebolacleave might potential, but i've not seen anyone playing them so theres probably some problem with it that just isn't occurring to me. i don't think shadowcleave works unless the dk is unholy and i've not seen an unholy dk in a while.
    " I need a sec, my wrists hurt from spamming slam so hard. Playing cleave vs cleave is tough stuff guys"