Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Return of the Lich King

Is anyone wondering if we will ever see a cameo of the new Lich King in the future? He doesn't have to be "good"... he can be "chaotic neutral" or even "good with an evil sauce".

I was wondering this myself seeing as Bolvar still *is* the Jailor of the damned, and seeing as tons of creatures/people die in the world (of Warcraft) these days, he's still around... somewhere...

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not. He is the jailor, still, but I don't see a reason to bring him back. That threat is over. Time to move on!

10+ Year Old Account
    He will probably return in one form or another, but most likely not in the near future. Maybe WC4 or in 3 or 4 expansions.

Unless Sargeras shows up and accidentally kills all the scourge first, it's unlikely we will ever see the LK again, cept in reruns

I hope not.

As illogical and clearly shoehorned in to give Bolvar something to do as the whole, "there must always be a Lich King" thing was, "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that Bolvar Fordragon died with him. Now go, leave this place and never return," while his voice slowly changes to the Lich King's was a great last shot.

hoping for one more kamikaze move against the Legion before he loses it lore-wise

I tend not to trust anything that died and came back to life, and when I saw him convince the other guy to give him the helm of the liche king I didn't once think that he was sacrificing himself for the betterment of us all, I saw him making a power grab. He told them to tell everyone the liche king is dead and Bolvar died with him because he needed time to 'hibernate' and collect the liche kings power. He may well return if the game goes on that long, if we are talking about 1 more expansion then no. If we are talking 2 then maybe, but 3 expansions and I would say definately.

Considering Blizzard's track record of revisiting old bosses, I'd be really surprised if he doesn't make an appearance at some point, especially since it's such an obvious loose end. Even if someone simply kills/threatens him for control of the undead and Northrend. Sylvanas for Lich Queen!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Maybe WC4
    I hope not. I don't want WC4 to be almost the same as WC3. Besides, I doubt we'll ever see another Warcraft strategy game anyway. Perhaps once WoW is truly dead. But that will take at least a few more years.

How Bolvar Fordragon Fell

The Fall of the Lich King

This is a man who was a warrior, unlike his Paladin brother. He wanted the Lich King stopped. The only way to ensure he was stopped for good, and allow his paladin brother to continue defending Azeroth with the Light was to sacrifice himself. There were no ulterior motives. Controlling the helm and seeing Arthas dead gave him the satisfaction of knowing the scourge would not destroy Azeroth and the new LK would have no desire to ever leave IceCrown again.

It would be cool to see Bolvar make an appearance in some form. Maybe when the Legion comes to try again, he turns the scouge into a good faction (where we can get rep to buy awesome scouge weapons and everything) to fight them.

Although I'm guessing that if he ever does make any kind of appearance again, it'll probably be a minor role of some sort. Maybe he'll end up being a quest giver who kicks you off on a quest chain or something. There's already been an entire expansion based on the Lich King, so I doubt he'll have any more major parts to play.

Hard to say though. Blizzard owns WoW and can basically do whatever they want. It'll be interesting to see what they decide to do with him.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Probably not. He is the jailor, still, but I don't see a reason to bring him back. That threat is over. Time to move on!
    but they did have the whole "must be a Lich King" thing for a reason

Probably gonna be a potential story hook at some point
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Oh come on, I can't be the only one who wants to be confronted by the Burning Legion, being driven back into Orgrimmar, Infernals crashing down from the sky, Felguards hacking through guards, Thrall backed into a corner... SUDDENLY FROSTWYRMS! GARGOYLES! GHOULS! All just pouring in and clashing with the Demons, helping to drive them out of the city...

... I want that so bad...

So very very bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kogoes View Post
    Oh come on, I can't be the only one who wants to be confronted by the Burning Legion, being driven back into Orgrimmar, Infernals crashing down from the sky, Felguards hacking through guards, Thrall backed into a corner... SUDDENLY FROSTWYRMS! GARGOYLES! GHOULS! All just pouring in and clashing with the Demons, helping to drive them out of the city...

So very very bad.
    Yes, I remember the collective nerdgasm 9 yrs ago when Aragorn/Gimli/Legolas showed up with a -true- Army of the Dead. Good times.

So very very bad.
    I could see the Alliance coming to help, and maybe the Knights of the Ebon Blade, even the Argent Crusade and the Order of the Silver Hand. I don't see the Scourge coming to "rescue" anyone.

10+ Year Old Account

So very very bad.
    This would be amazing and I hope it happens.

Let's be hones though, it probably won't

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    How Bolvar Fordragon Fell

The Fall of the Lich King

This is a man who was a warrior, unlike his Paladin brother. He wanted the Lich King stopped. The only way to ensure he was stopped for good, and allow his paladin brother to continue defending Azeroth with the Light was to sacrifice himself. There were no ulterior motives. Controlling the helm and seeing Arthas dead gave him the satisfaction of knowing the scourge would not destroy Azeroth and the new LK would have no desire to ever leave IceCrown again.
    Bolvar was also a paladin.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Dalez View Post
    This would be amazing and I hope it happens.

Let's be hones though, it probably won't
    Oh my ... OH MY.

GIEF THAT PLEASE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of hope not also.

Just one expansion of undead everywhere was plenty of undead for me. :P

I didn't like WotLK, I didn't mind BC, but I have much preferred the themes of Cata and MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I hope not. I don't want WC4 to be almost the same as WC3. Besides, I doubt we'll ever see another Warcraft strategy game anyway. Perhaps once WoW is truly dead. But that will take at least a few more years.
    I would love so much to see another Warcraft RTS game. Agreed though....that's likely not going to happen until Blizzard decides WoW isn't worth it anymore. I think we're still a good while away from that day.