Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Dammit I rerolled my first char cause she had long hair and it kept clipping through the shield and ofc that char has the digital DE edition goodies... Wondering wether to level the first one now though I guess it's not too gamebreaking to lose that pvp gear & guild influence thingy. I was considering to maybe change the warrior into a male but I'd rather use my char slots on different professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    You say while browsing gaming forums at work.
    10 points to gryffindor!

Quote Originally Posted by Zom View Post
    You say while browsing gaming forums at work.
    Yeah because forums don't require me to jack headphones into my computer or my computer speakers making noise that everyone else in my office will hear. Reading forums is pretty silent unless of course you still have to stutter out the words to figure out what the big words are. How about you lighten up a bit and realise that the world doesn't always work the way you think it does, that there are perfectly legitimate reasons for why someone can't watch a video in a post beyond being too stupid to push play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah because forums don't require me to jack headphones into my computer or my computer speakers making noise that everyone else in my office will hear. Reading forums is pretty silent unless of course you still have to stutter out the words to figure out what the big words are. How about you lighten up a bit and realise that the world doesn't always work the way you think it does, that there are perfectly legitimate reasons for why someone can't watch a video in a post beyond being too stupid to push play.
    Huh, kinda ironic coming from the jackass who comes out insults swinging...

Please forgive my rudeness for working for a living instead of playing video games in my parents basement
    If you like your job so much, and you can "silently browse forums" why in gods name don't you just, you know, google it? I know it's hard for someone such as yourself to figure out such a basic thing, but don't worry! It'll give you the information you need! And it's even silent and capable of being done at work! So make sure to write that simple fact down so you can do that next time instead of sounding like a jack ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Yeah I like keeping my job so I don't get caught watching videos on the job. Please forgive my rudeness for working for a living instead of playing video games in my parents basement.
    That was a plenty nice anwser, yes we all live in our mom's basement.

You seem to have some sort of anger issues.

Deleted
    Please cut the useless arguments. Understand that some people may have had a stressful day and let them go. What use is arguing on a forum with someone you don't know about something without any meaning?

That said, I saw the kits, I think 350 gems is quite great for a full body change. Don't know how that would translate in real money, but in gold it's like 4 gold (a bit more or less depending on day, for example now 100 gold is 1.20 gold, but on saturday it was 88 silver).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Please cut the useless arguments. Understand that some people may have had a stressful day and let them go. What use is arguing on a forum with someone you don't know about something without any meaning?

That said, I saw the kits, I think 350 gems is quite great for a full body change. Don't know how that would translate in real money, but in gold it's like 4 gold (a bit more or less depending on day, for example now 100 gold is 1.20 gold, but on saturday it was 88 silver).
    In real money it's under $5, 400 gems is around $5 (it's 800 for $10), so it's pretty freaking cheap compared to other games!! Then you take into account that if you buy a huge amount of gems it's cheaper, and whelp, it's quite a small amount of cash for a full remake of your character (minus prof and race for obvious reasons)

EDIT: Actually i'm wrong, it's always $10 for 800, if you spend $20 you get 1600, if you spend $50 you get 4000 etc.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-11-30 at 02:46 PM.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    It's an awesome feature and cheaper than in most other games.
    Well, there is at least one mmo where you have a "barber-surgeon" in your capital city where you can change your whole appearance (except your race and gender) for only ingame gold.

But yeah, it's nice it's coming to GW2, too. Although I like my characters the way they are, so no need for gems. ^^

I used the complete make over yesterday but when ever I clicked on the box to change gender it would crash my game. I'm going to have to do this make over one more time because I couldn't see the proper glow color on my Sylvari's 'hair' and I ended up with a color I didn't want. Ah well.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2012-11-30 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used the complete make over yesterday but when ever I clicked on the box to change gender it would crash my game. I'm going to have to do this make over one more time because I couldn't see the proper glow color on my Sylvari's 'hair' and I ended up with a color I didn't want. Ah well.
    You and me both broski!! I didn't know there was a lighting feature when I first made mine so I picked some HIDEOUS orange color glow OMG, do I dread night because of it lol, it doesn't match with my leaves at all!!

That and I also might make him more branchy so he can be more like a tree when I get around to getting cultural armor (I plan on dying the armor differen colors per season xD)

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    You and me both broski!! I didn't know there was a lighting feature when I first made mine so I picked some HIDEOUS orange color glow OMG, do I dread night because of it lol, it doesn't match with my leaves at all!!

That and I also might make him more branchy so he can be more like a tree when I get around to getting cultural armor (I plan on dying the armor differen colors per season xD)
    There is a lighting setting but it doesn't show the glow effect when its toggled. So I got in game and I was like, "Ah cool, my hair glows a blueish purple at night." and then I used the make over and toggled the button again to see what the other colors looked like and it wasn't preset to show you what the original color was set on so I forgot which color it was and picked the wrong one so once the make over was done I noticed the color was wrong for the entire color scheme. I'm going to make an alt with the same look and figure out what the right color combo was before buying the makeover again.

You would think the glow would be activated in chargen by toggling the light bulb on and off though.

Hooraaaaay! Waited for it since shortly after Release! As my necro hit 80 I suddently began to realise that her hairstyle was a big turnoff

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lighting setting but it doesn't show the glow effect when its toggled. So I got in game and I was like, "Ah cool, my hair glows a blueish purple at night." and then I used the make over and toggled the button again to see what the other colors looked like and it wasn't preset to show you what the original color was set on so I forgot which color it was and picked the wrong one so once the make over was done I noticed the color was wrong for the entire color scheme. I'm going to make an alt with the same look and figure out what the right color combo was before buying the makeover again.

You would think the glow would be activated in chargen by toggling the light bulb on and off though.
    Shit it's not? Ugh.... this may or may not be an issue....

Yeah I like keeping my job so I don't get caught watching videos on the job. Please forgive my rudeness for working for a living instead of playing video games in my parents basement.
    Working real hard trolling video game forums and then acting high and mighty? What a champion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    In real money it's under $5, 400 gems is around $5 (it's 800 for $10), so it's pretty freaking cheap compared to other games!! Then you take into account that if you buy a huge amount of gems it's cheaper, and whelp, it's quite a small amount of cash for a full remake of your character (minus prof and race for obvious reasons)

EDIT: Actually i'm wrong, it's always $10 for 800, if you spend $20 you get 1600, if you spend $50 you get 4000 etc.
    Well it's still cheap. 5$ seems ok for a full body change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wryn View Post
    Well, there is at least one mmo where you have a "barber-surgeon" in your capital city where you can change your whole appearance (except your race and gender) for only ingame gold.

But yeah, it's nice it's coming to GW2, too. Although I like my characters the way they are, so no need for gems. ^^
    True that, but you need to admit something, in Rift you need to pay a subscription to play. That said, yes, I agree, the barber shop in Rift is quite awesome too.

It is, but it lights up and down, I mean it intensifies then it fades away.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Already bought one for one of my characters.

A little off topic but you know what would rake in a lot of money for them? Sell dances on the gem store.
    I'd rather they start pumping out extra hair style/face structure/body type/skin tone/hair color/eye type/eye color and other customization option packs. The recustomization thing is a step toward making such pack releases smoother, so I hope it's a sign of things to come.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I'd rather they start pumping out extra hair style/face structure/body type/skin tone/hair color/eye type/eye color and other customization option packs. The recustomization thing is a step toward making such pack releases smoother, so I hope it's a sign of things to come.
    They probably will do this too at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple View Post
    I'd just like (gem store or ingame) some more city clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    I'd just like (gem store or ingame) some more city clothes.
    Understandable.