Thread: Post Your UI

Deleted
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-11-30 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Thumnails, please.

Anyone got a decent healer Elv setup i can pinch? healing on my monk alt and i cant seem to set it up to be awesome

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Anyone got a decent healer Elv setup i can pinch? healing on my monk alt and i cant seem to set it up to be awesome

Might not be to your preference but works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamerfal View Post

Might not be to your preference but works for me!
    Little too much going on there for me tbh mate, but if it works it works
    Think I may have to just sit down and build separate profile for my monk, just having a hard time getting it how i want it for healing

you will probably have better luck in the Healer version of this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...your-UI-Part-2
    Thanks Caiti for the Signature and Avatar

Deleted

Think it looks pretty good now, been working on it for a while
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-01 at 05:20 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is where I stole my Vuhdo frames from, and in general his setup is very nice!

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...gansElvUI.html

Been doing some more work on my UI. I still need to do targettarget-, pet-, focus- and bossframes (as shown in the second screenshot).
    Also I haven't found a good replacement for satrina buff frames yet so I'm using an un-ideal mix between stuf and default :\
    There's a lot of inspiration in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    Been doing some more work on my UI. I still need to do targettarget-, pet-, focus- and bossframes (as shown in the second screenshot).
    Also I haven't found a good replacement for satrina buff frames yet so I'm using an un-ideal mix between stuf and default :\
    There's a lot of inspiration in this thread

<snip>
    Raven is a excellent replacement for SBF(satrina buff frames)
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-01 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Raven is a excellent replacement for SBF(satrina buff frames)
    I tried raven (twice!) and while I consider myself fairly able to handle configuring addons that one just gave me a massive headache. I think I missed a key point.
    Maybe it's time to give it another shot ^^

Updated UI, link in description.

How's it looking?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post

Updated UI, link in description.

How's it looking?
    Looks good, and functional. One thing that sticks out for me is the size of the unnecessarily large buffs. Could do with a scale down if you ask me

Also your UI has pointed out to me, and made me curious about a particular aspect of many UIs which I struggle to understand the reasons for why it is needed. I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times. In my opinion it makes many UI compilations look slightly awkward and on the odd occasion, cluttered. If someone could give me a good reason for having it permanently on display, that would be great. I'm not taking a dig at your UI though Jeremypwnz; I'm just genuinely puzzled hehe ^_^

I should probably add some structure to my argument before letting my post loose to the horde of highly opinionated UI developers
    I personally notice when I'm lagging, whether I can see the datatext or not. Seeing text on my screen telling me that my fps has dropped to a ridiculously low number, or whether my spells are taking multiple seconds to even start casting is not going to help me when I'm ranting and raging over how horrible my internet is playing up. If I want to know how badly my internet is trolling me, scrolling my mouse over my mouseover microbar is not usually too much to handle :P

I was gonna tone down the size of the buffs, but I forgot to when I uploaded. lol.

The FPS/MS being visible is just something I prefer, not sure about others though. I used to have to scroll over the old micromenu every time I wanted to look at my FPS/MS, now I just near the bottom of my screen. I might lower the font by 1 or 2 though, seems a bit big now that I look at it.

Edit: Changed player buffs from 28x28 to 24x24, and changed FPS/MS text from 12 to 11. Feels a lot less "in your face."
    Last edited by Jeremypwnz; 2012-12-01 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    Looks good, and functional. One thing that sticks out for me is the size of the unnecessarily large buffs. Could do with a scale down if you ask me

Also your UI has pointed out to me, and made me curious about a particular aspect of many UIs which I struggle to understand the reasons for why it is needed. I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times. In my opinion it makes many UI compilations look slightly awkward and on the odd occasion, cluttered. If someone could give me a good reason for having it permanently on display, that would be great. I'm not taking a dig at your UI though Jeremypwnz; I'm just genuinely puzzled hehe ^_^

I should probably add some structure to my argument before letting my post loose to the horde of highly opinionated UI developers
    I personally notice when I'm lagging, whether I can see the datatext or not. Seeing text on my screen telling me that my fps has dropped to a ridiculously low number, or whether my spells are taking multiple seconds to even start casting is not going to help me when I'm ranting and raging over how horrible my internet is playing up. If I want to know how badly my internet is trolling me, scrolling my mouse over my mouseover microbar is not usually too much to handle :P
    Speaking for myself. My fps/ms is displayed because I use ElvUI as my base and it shows a much more complete memory usage on mouseover. I don't like how the blizz mouseover on the micro bar only shows top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brytryne View Post
    I tried raven (twice!) and while I consider myself fairly able to handle configuring addons that one just gave me a massive headache. I think I missed a key point.
    Maybe it's time to give it another shot ^^
    I would say Raven too. And there is a vid in Touchymcfeel's UI series about raven. Just go to youtube and search for Touchymcfeel Raven.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    I just don't know why it is necessary to know current fps and ms at all times.
    Having had this on display a while back it was always nice to have it there just for that moment when you want to glance to see if you're lagging or having a drop in FPS. I had a terrible connection back in classic and for some periods through TBC and WotLK. It made it easier for me to have my latency on display so I could check if I was having one of my bad lag spikes in arena before I disconnected.

I personally thing Jeremy should move his somewhere else as at the moment it looks plonked in the middle of the screen at the bottom; perhaps moving it above your minimap might help it fit in a little more.

Like in this old screenshot of mine: http://i.imgur.com/Tts1c.jpg

Deleted
    I always use a broker bar that's only shown on mousover for stuff like fps/latency/time/anything else that's worthless in combat.

As a caster you should have a latency box on your castbar and as a non-caster I usually notice that laggy/delayed GCD long before I watch some ms value.
    And lol at glancing at an fps counter. If you can't tell from looking at the screen that you have fps drops what does checking a number really tell you?

Deleted
    Anyone else having problems with their nameplates?
    Some mobs are having their nameplate scaled smaller than the normal ones.
    Kinda annoying when you are using pixel fonts.

Using Kui_nameplates.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I was gonna tone down the size of the buffs, but I forgot to when I uploaded. lol.

The FPS/MS being visible is just something I prefer, not sure about others though. I used to have to scroll over the old micromenu every time I wanted to look at my FPS/MS, now I just near the bottom of my screen. I might lower the font by 1 or 2 though, seems a bit big now that I look at it.

Edit: Changed player buffs from 28x28 to 24x24, and changed FPS/MS text from 12 to 11. Feels a lot less "in your face."
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    Speaking for myself. My fps/ms is displayed because I use ElvUI as my base and it shows a much more complete memory usage on mouseover. I don't like how the blizz mouseover on the micro bar only shows top 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    Having had this on display a while back it was always nice to have it there just for that moment when you want to glance to see if you're lagging or having a drop in FPS. I had a terrible connection back in classic and for some periods through TBC and WotLK. It made it easier for me to have my latency on display so I could check if I was having one of my bad lag spikes in arena before I disconnected.

I personally thing Jeremy should move his somewhere else as at the moment it looks plonked in the middle of the screen at the bottom; perhaps moving it above your minimap might help it fit in a little more.

Like in this old screenshot of mine: http://i.imgur.com/Tts1c.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    I always use a broker bar that's only shown on mousover for stuff like fps/latency/time/anything else that's worthless in combat.

As a caster you should have a latency box on your castbar and as a non-caster I usually notice that laggy/delayed GCD long before I watch some ms value.
    And lol at glancing at an fps counter. If you can't tell from looking at the screen that you have fps drops what does checking a number really tell you?
    @Jeremypwnz - I imagine that it is easier to look at a specific location on your screen to see the damage the lag is doing, than to hover over the micromenu, but I don't think it's necessary. But of course this is just my opinion
    @bOOURNS - I did not know the ElvUI datatext actually did that... this changes almost everything! I would love to see the AddOns which are using the most memory, not just the first 3 but... Would it be worth it, having to suffer with datatext on my screen... Hmmm
    @carebear - I just think that it's fairly easy to tell if you're lagging without having to check the statistics :P Maybe some people are simply inclined to seek why they are lagging, opposed to me who would grin and bear it ^_^
    @empo - having it on mouseover is basically just the same as having the micromenu on mouseover too. I guess you could plonk a lot of extra data on a broker bar though, which would make it worth your while scrolling to the edge of the screen! (First world problems, hehe) But yeah I agree that looking at a number isn't going to help much. When I scroll over my microbar to see how much I'm lagging, it often makes me angrier :P - "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!??!1"

Quote Originally Posted by zecxx View Post
    Anyone else having problems with their nameplates?
    Some mobs are having their nameplate scaled smaller than the normal ones.
    Kinda annoying when you are using pixel fonts.

Using Kui_nameplates.
    Im pretty sure this is a new feature from blizzards side, so "working as inteded"..

Don't know any addon atm that works around this.